Hacking Crown 3DS possible realase date???

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
http://r4town.com/products/Crown-3DS-card-for-3DS-game-play.html

According to this site, it should come next year. I hope its true. I just want to play Japanese games on Europian 3DS. I hope this will make it region free. Damn Nintendo for not making it Region Free.

I would kill to play Project X Zone. Game even has english text option so not being able to play it in EU and US is dumb

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only thing that will happen is a CFW, it looks like the flashcarts are stumped that why.
where did you get that from?
in the 3ds dev irc made someone a post that a modchip already can be made with the all the info they found(but they won't tell it to anybody)...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just like the PS3 would never be hacked to play backups, let alone ISOs from a harddrive.

Right?
Flashcart. With a prospect of using a CFW instead, which is the infinitely superior binary booting method, considering the presence of the SD slot, I'd say it's not THAT much of a stretch, really... ;)

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did you get that from?
in the 3ds dev irc made someone a post that a modchip already can be made with the all the info they found(but they won't tell it to anybody)...
A modchip =/= flashcart, how did they word it? Any modchip ive ever heard of was sodder on.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Flashcart. With a prospect of using a CFW instead, which is the infinitely superior binary booting method, considering the presence of the SD slot, I'd say it's not THAT much of a stretch, really... ;)
I would.

Think. How are people who do 3DS dumps verifying that they run? Via a softmod, editing the OS/system?

Nope. Third-party hardware hooked into the cart slot.

Umm... No.

I just don't see why a hardware solution is so desired when a software solution seems more viable.
Who's talking about what's desired?

You were talking about possibility, not desirability.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would.

Think. How are people who do 3DS dumps verifying that they run? Via a softmod, editing the OS/system?

Who's talking about what's desired?

You were talking about possibility, not desirability.
Couldn't they be verifying the dumps run through dev consoles?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't they be verifying the dumps run through dev consoles?
Don't dev consoles not run retail stuff? And a proper dump (that is, a 1:1 copy of all the readable data) would have the sigs and stuff intact.

We've seen pics of dumping hardware, and it's hardware hooked up to the carts and DSi/3DS cart reading slots, so the technical possibility is certainly there.

Whether the first public hack (or the mainly used one once stuff settles down) is a flash cart or softmod nobody can really say, just pointing out that calling a 3DS flash cart impossible is wrong.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't dev consoles not run retail stuff? And a proper dump (that is, a 1:1 copy of all the readable data) would have the sigs and stuff intact.

We've seen pics of dumping hardware, and it's hardware hooked up to the carts and DSi/3DS cart reading slots, so the technical possibility is certainly there.

Whether the first public hack (or the mainly used one once stuff settles down) is a flash cart or softmod nobody can really say, just pointing out that calling a 3DS flash cart impossible is wrong.
I was reading the 3DS Dev hardware thread and it said it has to be signed and this would be signed code. So i believe so, unless im mistaken.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would.

As far as I know, it's being done today with homemade kits - what I meant was a commercially-available kit, not a soldered-up massive board. A "flashcart" is what I call a miniaturized device for ROM storage and booting that's available to the average Joe, not a professional dumping and testing tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality