Crono Trigger Wont Save

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by dragonkaiser, Nov 26, 2008.

1. dragonkaiser
    OP

dragonkaiser Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    Ive patched the ROM but it wont allow me to save it just crashes on the save game screen and doesnt display load game at the start menu just new game [​IMG]

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    what card are you using to start off?

3. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I guess you're using the M3 Real - we're in the M3 section after all. Currently, the M3 Real doesn't directly support Chrono Trigger, but you can use the GBAtemp cheat database.

4. Jarn

Jarn Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    I'm having this same problem, only I did not apply the patch and only used the fix included in the cheat.db file. My impression was that I did not need the patch with the cheat fix. Was this incorrect?

5. ultimatex

ultimatex Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2008
    Novaliches, Quezon City
    i have m3real with sakura firmware i have no problem in chrono trigger i played it with no trouble in save and no patched apply

6. Jarn

Jarn Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    I'm using much older firmware (February 2008-ish), could that be the problem?

7. g6team

g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Try updating to our latest 4.1a. Note this firmware still require to apply the fix cheat for this game.

8. Jarn

Jarn Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    It's been a long time since I've updated the firmware (clearly [​IMG]) and I forget where I download firmware updates... any help (in the forum of a URL) would be appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. We'll see if this works...

9. Intimidator88

Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    RTS freezes up mine when i load it is that normal? Other then that i can save and git past the rom checks with the cheat on.

10. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    if need to use a cheat fix then that means the 4.1a doesn't work on Chrono Trigger..when will 4.1b or 4.2 be release?