Annieone23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is Crediar's most recent tweet regarding the 3DS and its protection:

QUOTE said:
Bad news everyone!Nintendo did a decent job so far!Everything seems to be a dead end for now!Savefiles seem to be 'protected' via HMAC!

As many know Crediar was an influential and key figure within the Wii scene, including Team Twiizers, with his most recent accomplishments being the 3DS Savefile extracter and the amazing proof-of-concept (but hardly usable) Gamecube SD/USB loader.

It's important to know that major and familiar hackers are still working on the 3DS, despite meeting roadblocks such as this.
Hope people find this useful/insightful :]

Rising-Curtis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, i think this time it will take much more time then on the wii or DS classic..
At least watch how long hackers needed for a ps3 hack
wink.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Rising-Curtis said:
Well, i think this time it will take much more time then on the wii or DS classic..
At least watch how long hackers needed for a ps3 hack
wink.gif
4 Months? Because that's the time Fail0verflow was actually working on hacking it, if I remember their statement correctly (before that, most of them were happy with OtherOS). Also, Sony really screwed up their security, Ninty actually didn't do that bad, if you compare them.

So, yes, I agree, in my opinion, it will take much more time, but don't compare to the Ps3.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Ninty actually didn't do that bad, if you compare them.
Yeah, Ninty didn't do as bad.
glare.gif

The Wii was hacked AGES before the PS3. Even if the hack on the PS3 is considered "better", Nintendo has horrible security standards.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Slyakin said:
Blue-K said:
Ninty actually didn't do that bad, if you compare them.
Yeah, Ninty didn't do as bad.
glare.gif

The Wii was hacked AGES before the PS3. Even if the hack on the PS3 is considered "better", Nintendo has horrible security standards.
About as horrible as having a major component in game validity checking hardcoded.

She was comparing 3DS and PS3 (For some unknown reason), and you know it.

Annieone23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 had broken cryptography and was a ridiculously easy system to hack once hackers with any skill, such as Marcan, applied themselves to the system. So far Marcan has said he has no interest in the 3DS at the moment, and as much as I respect Crediar I do not think he can hack this by himself at all.

hamato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm wondering : crediar offered us 3DSTool which permits to get the XOR key of savefile.
And now he discovers this HAMC.

Is HMAC a complement to XOR key ? (=another encryption)
or XOR key was the beginning of HMAC ?

hamato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keva said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but is 'HMAC' pretty much unbreakable?

Runs your PC 24/24, 7/7 during a few months, years ? and you might be chance.

That the strengh of Encryption codes. They are vulnerable but you must be patient
unsure.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Keva said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but is 'HMAC' pretty much unbreakable?
It's the same kind of protection what meant no dsiware for free.

I AM BOLDING THIS BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WILL FEEL LIKE DISAGREEING AND I WANT TO POINT OUT THAT I KNOW, BEFORE YOU POST, I KNOW.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone should get Waninkoko over here to have a crack at the 3DS. Maybe while he is busy stealing other peoples code, he can brick a few thousand 3DS's so he can have yet another console under his bricking belt.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DeadlyFoez said:
Maybe someone should get Waninkoko over here to have a crack at the 3DS. Maybe while he is busy stealing other peoples code, he can brick a few thousand 3DS's so he can have yet another console under his bricking belt.
I think this post is funny because it is based on reality.
So, in short I agree and lol with you.

Annieone23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Crediar isnt working on the 3DS by himself, I can assure you I do. But I also know a lot of other original members of TT arn't really that interested in the 3DS at this moment. So in my opinion, the biggest players in actual console encryption breaking (Waninkoko, for example, is /not/ one of them) are busy on other projects or getting sued.

It will be interesting to see if the 3DS security is broken by either a currently unknown star or if more old hands like Crediar get involved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr