Hacking Creating Wii U Disc Backups on PC?

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry if this already exists somewhere, but im suprised its not stickied or something. I've looked around (and maybe i just havent been using the right keywords or something, i dont know. if it exists i apologize, and just redirect me to the right forum) but i havent been able to find info on the subject.

How can I create backup images of my Wii U games, for my own personal use? I would like to back them up and also use them to mess around with Cemu :)

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

So by dumping the code, content, meta, and save folders, it still isnt an official backup? like does dumping using DDD still leave behind certain parts of data?

Also, by dumping using DDD, does this allow playing the games dumped on Cemu?

Seems there still is alot of work left to be done in the Wii U scene (not trying to talk it down in any way, for the record lol)

Hmm it looks like this is going to be alot more work than i had hoped. I assume DDD is a program meant to be run on the Wii U itself? Mine is not hacked. :/

Last edited by unvaluablespace,

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to direct anyone curious like i was to this page created by fiveighteen:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

as in this guide if you actually read it, kind of answers my question, and better fills in on the hacking situation. Basically, when an IOSU exploit is found and released, creating 1:1 backup images of our games should be doable.

Hopefully this occurs in the near future. Mod please feel free to close this thread if you feel the need, as I pretty much have my answer and better understand the situation as it stands as of this post. Thank you. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill