Creating multiple partitions on Hard Drive help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Tylervit2418, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Tylervit2418
    OP

Newcomer Tylervit2418 Member

United States
    I have a terabyte hard drive with about 70 gigabytes of Wii games currently on it. The whole entire drive is formatted as WBFS.

How would I make it so that I can split the hard drive to be about 700gb FAT and 300gb WBFS? I know how to make partitions with some freeware that I have downloaded, though does this mean that I must freshly format this hard drive and upload the 70 gigabytes of games to somewhere else if I have nothing to back them up to? And how to I make a WBFS partition? I know how to fully format the hard drive, but as mentioned I only want so much of it to be done. Thanks

2. WalterCool

Member WalterCool GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Using gparted, first, create your main partition and leave space (what you want) for wbfs, then, create a wbfs space with wbfs or wiithon

Good luck!

3. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Or in Windows, just go into Computer Management (It's under Administrative Tools). Disk management. Delete the current one. Right click, create a new one. Size it to whatever you want your FAT to be. Select to format it as FAT. Then create another partition with the rest of the space, and uncheck the button to format it afterwards. It'll be unformatted space. Then start WBFS Manager or whatever you use, and format that new partition to WBFS.

4. Tylervit2418
    OP

Newcomer Tylervit2418 Member

United States
    Okay. Sounds easy enough. Thanks guys