Hacking creating a forwarder channel for game on SD card

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to mod a Wii to play games I've stored on an SD card. I'm deciding to use Configurable USB Loader, though I suppose any up to date loader will do.

Anyway, the games load just fine after I updated the settings in config to read from the SD card, but I'm having issues with making forwarder channels for the games.

I'm using Crap v3.3b to make the channels, loaded up the wbfs files, selected Configurable forwarder (no loader), then selected FAT1 for the partition. However, when I try loading the games with the forwarders, it brings up an error thing, looking for the game on a non existent USB drive... So how do I get it to read from the SD card instead? I need to get this working by tomorrow...

Nevermind. Got it. Those settings below were things I could add. Thought they were just other settings and stuff... Gah I'm an idiot.

AngusMcFiffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to mod a Wii to play games I've stored on an SD card. I'm deciding to use Configurable USB Loader, though I suppose any up to date loader will do.

Anyway, the games load just fine after I updated the settings in config to read from the SD card, but I'm having issues with making forwarder channels for the games.

I'm using Crap v3.3b to make the channels, loaded up the wbfs files, selected Configurable forwarder (no loader), then selected FAT1 for the partition. However, when I try loading the games with the forwarders, it brings up an error thing, looking for the game on a non existent USB drive... So how do I get it to read from the SD card instead? I need to get this working by tomorrow...

Nevermind. Got it. Those settings below were things I could add. Thought they were just other settings and stuff... Gah I'm an idiot.
Hi there,

Can you explain how you got your games to launch from the SD? the wads that CRAP creates and asks me to install on the Wii nand just go to a blank screen when launched :(

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

Can you explain how you got your games to launch from the SD? the wads that CRAP creates and asks me to install on the Wii nand just go to a blank screen when launched :(
Apart from necro-ing a 10 year old thread, you'd make Wii forwarders with CRAP. Make sure you have the game path set correctly in the forwarder, the exact location where it's stored (wbfs folder).

SomewhatLazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keeping it alive...

Will this work with a patched IOS80 with WiiWare that is transferred to the SD card with the system menu transfer tool?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol