Hacking Creating 2 Emunands?

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, I have Cakes FW (also use Gateway to boot it up too), but I want to install ReiNand as a second Emunand so I can have one being updated fully and the other one compatible with Gateway NAND (The Cakes one). I have the flashcart too if that helps, but how do I go about creating another Emunand and end up having 2? Thanks in advance.

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no reason why you need to have two emunands in that situation. Just use gateway emunand instead of rednand if you want to continue using gatewait.
I really want 2 emunands for my 3DS if possible though.. I made an emunand backup (luckily) before updatng emunand and Gateway flashcarts no longer worked, so I want another emunand to use at the latest version. Possible?

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're using emuNAND and not redNAND, just update your launcher.dat to 3.7.1
I only have one Emunand and that's it, the RedNand and Cakes etc.all go to the same "emunand", but just in their own forms (So Cakes FW just normally like a 3DS, Gateway has the same as Cakes FW but press select and you get the Gateway Flashcart games on top of the Cakes FW apps etc, ReiNand there's just black spots where there were applications [unusable])

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have one Emunand and that's it, the RedNand and Cakes etc.all go to the same "emunand", but just in their own forms (So Cakes FW just normally like a 3DS, Gateway has the same as Cakes FW but press select and you get the Gateway Flashcart games on top of the Cakes FW apps etc, ReiNand there's just black spots where there were applications [unusable])
Rednand is an implementation of emunand that allows for smaller sizes if possible. There is this tool, but you need to be using cfws that support multiemunand (the latest cakes nightly supports it, but that is it). Just going to say this though: you will be wasting storage space by doing this, and it is not recommended to do just for casual usage. Make backups of everything you have on your sd card before using this. I cannot promise that it will work.

You should also consider converting to more up to date entrypoints and cfws. If you are interested: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki a9lh is the safest entrypoint right now, provides 100% boot rates, no need for an emunand as you can update sysnand, brick protection, and better boot times.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: Ricken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a