Create custom Wii Menu Theme for 4.3U?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by PirateHD, Jun 16, 2013.

1. PirateHD
    OP

PirateHD Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2013
    United States
    I want to create/edit a custom theme. Researching I found two different apps, thememii & MyMenu. Which is best? I have a 4.3U custom theme I want to edit, that works on my Wii. I want to change the Healthscreen and Background. Any tutorials or quick tips?

Few hours later...

I found this link -> https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/Mymenuify

Download the base app for 4.3U, which is 00000097.app
    Installed MyMenu, loaded the base app as the source.

I got a Template 4.0 which has all the menu folders.
    I replaced the health screen with a custom image, kept the same resolution, same name, zipped it, renamed it to .mym
    ran it through MyMenu but get error "Image failed to resize! I wonder why, might be an issue with the input"..
    & I'm stuck...

2. subguy714

subguy714 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2012
    United States
    Hey guys,
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've installed one of DarkWii's Dark Blue custom theme on my (US)(v4.3u) wii without any problems using MyMenuify. Now I would like to change ONLY the Health & Safety screen. I have looked through many of the forums here on the site as well as google'd it with very little clear instruction as how to do so. I have downloaded several of the tools and have dabbled a little in trying to open various files to see if I could accomplish it on my own without success. I even tried to find "Wiishizza's tutorial" which is supposed to specifically address this topic, but has since been taken down or disappeared. I am at my wit's end! This is supposed to be such a simple process but has proven to surprisingly frustrating. Any help with this matter would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    BUMP, I am also curious, I don't even know how to save my custompic.png to whatever file format (.ash?) the wii needs for this, nor what to do next.

4. subguy714

subguy714 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2012
    United States
    I guess that's a "no".

5. punkydudester

punkydudester Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2010
    United States
    Salt Lake City, UT
    There is a full tutorial by Frylock on darkumbra dot net. That is where I started doing themes.

6. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here