Crash Bandicoot 4 Switch version potentially revealed via website source code

aaUntitled.png

Crash Bandicoot 4 is on its way to launching later this fall, for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This leaves Nintendo Switch fans in the dust, especially given the fact that the Crash N.Sane Trilogy was previously released on the console. However, not all hope is lost just yet, as Activision may have just unintentionally outed a port of Crash 4 for the platform. On the official website for the game, you can see that pre-orders are live for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, which is fairly obvious, but if you dig into the source code of the website, it also shows a hidden option to buy the game on the Switch. While this doesn't confirm a port to the system, it seems very likely, especially when this incident has happened before, with Activision accidentally letting a pre-order page for Spyro: Reignited Trilogy for PC and Switch go up weeks before the ports were officially confirmed.

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Welp, not surprising after Crash and Spyro trilogies. Trying to get people to double dip.

Eh, more like getting more sales. People with both a Switch and a PS4/PS4 Pro is rare.

Heck the main selling point of the Switch on release was it being cheaper and Zelda.

I don't have a PS4, the games for it are freaking expensive.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, more like getting more sales. People with both a Switch and a PS4/PS4 Pro is rare.

Heck the main selling point of the Switch on release was it being cheaper and Zelda.

What? Most people I know have both (if they have switch I mean). Also, games are far less expensive in any console than switch xD

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Hmm from my experience ps4 games are cheaper than Switch games, at least where I live. Some switch games still cost nearly the same as the release price (BOTW, some Mario games). The switch console itself is more expensive as well

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I feel like this was a really obvious conclusion. Barring CTR, Activision has released all of the Crash/Spyro stuff on PC/Switch, just sometime after the initial launch for the other platforms.
It still bothers me exactly how much of a time gap there is between the initial release and the PC port, while for the Switch I can somewhat understand that since it is the weaker platform after all.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

im actually one of those people lmao, have a switch wii ps3 and ps4

Reactions: SSG Vegeta
D

Deleted User

I love Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, you know, and I was hoping they'd receive quality games again and they did.. but I don't seem to be interested anymore. Don't know why, really. I guess I'm growing out of it.

Anyhow, I wish Crash looked furry because he's a bit plasticky looking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

we can all agree that pc is the cheapest place to buy games
and its not because of piracy
Regardless of how we all feel about the Epic Games Store, one thing is certain, they've given out a ton of quality games to everyone out there. Even GTA V.

Speaking of GTA V, when I visit my nephew I play death match with him on PS3 online and it's a lot of fun, so kids who play that will surely be upset when SONY or Rockstar shut it down. It's not a whole lot of parents who'd agree to pay for an online subscription.

Coyote_Mao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, both models of the Switch were selling like hot pancakes during the past couple of years and it's arguably the best console to play platformers on, so... Yeah, it would be foolish not to port the new Crash game onto it. :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: