Crappy things your parents have done?

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I don’t live with my mum for reasons of my own.

She was a pretty shitty person, but she’d never really remember my birthday unless her friend would ask what she’d bought me.

There are far worse things but if i’m honest, I’ve never been one to talk about my past like that and it does persee as attention seeking (in my personal opinion).

Last edited by vinstage,

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shouldn't even be here.

There is "bad stuff" on the internet.

While this is true to an extent, I'm smart enough to know what not to click, where not to go, what not to give out online, etc.

So I just use the school wifi for everything :P

It does a good job of blocking harmful stuff, so I guess there are no worries here.

Edit:

2 seconds ago somebody here made a blog post titled "I like dick".
School internet did not let me visit it because the word "dick" was in the URL

Last edited by Taffy,

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don’t live with my mum for reasons of my own.

She was a pretty shitty person, but she’d never really remember my birthday unless her friend would ask what she’d bought me.

There are far worse things but if i’m honest, I’ve never been one to talk about my past like that and it does persee as attention seeking (in my personal opinion).
And your dad ?
Sorry for my curiosity

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Title ^^

Basically, what are some idiotic/crappy things your parents have said or done to you or a friend?

For me:
----
I was just sitting at my piano, trying to work on getting MEGALOVANIA right.
It's pretty loud, and my parents literally hate it.
Thing is, I like playing it, and my friends love hearing it.
So anyway, I was practicing, then right before I was done my mom started yelling at me to stop.
I got a little mad, since it was right at the end, so I kinda let my hand drop onto the keys. (Complete accident, by the way).
So she got pretty mad, and said I can't use the laptop for literally the whole week.
(The laptop is all our family has lol)
It's really dumb, since homework exists, and I can't really do that if I don't have a computer to do it on.

----

Anyway, yeah.
Share please.
born me

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a smack from your parents for doing something bad doesn't make them bad parents, you flid.

QZLr1Jx.gif

(and actually studies say otherwise... They say it's bad to smack your kids [even spanking])

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was just sitting at my piano, trying to work on getting MEGALOVANIA right.
It's pretty loud, and my parents literally hate it.
Thing is, I like playing it, and my friends love hearing it.
So anyway, I was practicing, then right before I was done my mom started yelling at me to stop.
I got a little mad, since it was right at the end, so I kinda let my hand drop onto the keys. (Complete accident, by the way).
So she got pretty mad, and said I can't use the laptop for literally the whole week.
(The laptop is all our family has lol)
It's really dumb, since homework exists, and I can't really do that if I don't have a computer to do it on.

Sounds like your parents have asked you on multiple occasions in the past to not do something, you keep doing it and they punished you. Doesn't sound like they're doing something crappy, sounds like you're disobeying their rules under their roof. Also homework does exist, as does taking pen to paper or using public library/school computers.

D

Deleted User

The worst thing my Dad did was not being the overprotective and strict and overly anxious parent that he was. My Dad refused to go to the doctor and he died two weeks ago because of it. I miss my overprotective Dad!

Sorry to depress anyone, I just felt like sharing :I You really can't force a grown man to do what you want...It's not ethical...But I of course just wish he was here and healthy...

LeafAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At one view, this is sh*tty and another view. pretty cool:
I was doing homework when I was in 7th grade and it was boring and to me, didn't seem too productive as it wanted me to use this stupid method of Algebra using Algebra Tiles.
My dad always wants me to do my homework right when I get home. I do it, but 30 minutes after coming back. This wasn't the crappy part. Star Trek (the best series) was being aired back-to-back. My dad called me down to watch it but I had this humongous (isthatsexualharrassment?) pile of homework and when I told my dad, he said "Screw your homework! Star Trek is more important!" Needless to say, that was unexpected of him. While I enjoyed it a lot, I didn't get a good grade the next day. My dad is cool. (oh wait, this is for crappy parents...)

Reactions: DeoNaught

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Destroying my DS lite (was an accident tho and they had it replaced so... [thanks, mom])

Hitting me for eating something that IS meant to be eaten with your hands with my hands, I
remember it was my dad who hit me, he hit me pretty hard.

Giving my cats (2) away

Giving away -most- of my toys, but now I think it was okay since now I know those went to charity

Selling my favorite plushie (RECENT) ;_;

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, mine is a bit long, and I think I'm probably significantly older than most of you youngsters... Also this gets a little graphic...

I've pretty much always hated my dad. Basically he's the adult form of a childhood bully, he throws temper tantrums whenever he doesn't get his way. He punched me in the face several times during my childhood, we sometimes ended up having fist fights. Yes, he was a "provider" for the family, but he never actually took the role of being a dad, unless it was to dish out punishment. But what I hate him for most happened when I was a little kid. He had a beef cattle farm, and we had a dog that was a Siberian Husky. One day the dog got loose off of his chain and started chasing cattle, my dad came in the house and grabbed the shotgun. It was pretty early in the morning, my mom was still sleeping. I tried to wake her up, but she said no, he wouldn't shoot the dog, and that he probably was just going to shoot it in the air to scare him and get him to stop chasing the cows.

Well, sure enough he shot the dog. And to make matters even worse, he had the nerve to brag about it when he came home. He had the dog's collar in his hand and held it up high like a fucking trophy. He actually was prideful for shooting our dog.

I used to have a very good relationship with my mom, up until a few years ago. I was circumcised shortly after birth, as most American kids were at the time. I never liked the fact that I was circumcised, but I never really did much research into it. I'm Christian, and when I first asked my mom about circumcision she told me that it was a commandment from God, and that it was cleaner and healthier. For a long time, those answers were enough for me, and I just lived with it. It certainly wasn't anything I'd want to go to hell over.

Fast-forward around a decade and a half later, I meet my future wife. And she already has a baby boy from a previous marriage. We got along great, and as our relationship grew I began to ponder more and more about our future. And eventually I thought about circumcision. Whenever we'd have more children, would I want my boys circumcised? I still didn't like being circumcised, but for the reasons above, I really wasn't sure about my future sons. And since it's permanently cutting off a piece of your child's body, I figured I at least owed it to them to do some research first. In doing my research, I found out several things. First of all, in regards to religion, while circumcision was a commandment in the Old Testament, it was basically rescinded in the New Testament. So while for Jewish people it still makes sense to circumcise their sons, Christians should not. Also, in America our right to freedom of religion is guaranteed by the Constitution. So even if circumcision was a commandment from God, to circumcise me based on that would infringe on my right to practice whatever religion (or lack thereof) that I might want. As for circumcision being healthier and cleaner, that's bullshit. Worldwide, about 80% of men are left intact. Many countries don't routinely circumcise their boys, including Europe, Finland, Japan, China. These countries don't struggle with health problems from it. Chances are less than 1 in 10,000 that you'll ever have a medical need for a circumcision. Plus, that's not how medicine is supposed to work. We don't cut off perfectly healthy body tissue off to prevent a perceived risk of infection. A girl has a much higher chance of developing breast cancer than a man will ever have of needing a circumcision, but of course you don't see us giving baby girls mastectomies... Also I found out that the foreskin actually contains ~20,000 of the most sensual nerve endings a man will ever have, and also helps protect the glans. Overall it turns out it's actually pretty beneficial to keep it.

Well, I later got into Intactivism and started sharing anti-circumcision memes on Facebook. I'm not friends with my mom on Facebook, but the posts were public and she saw them, and she was enraged. She called me up while I was at work and ridiculed me for my feelings. She started a flame war with a bunch of other intactivists online, and basically threw every insult she could at me, including other personal issues such as my weight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really mad at my mom for circumcising me, it was very common in America. But what I am mad about is her reaction to how I feel about it, and her refusal to acknowledge that she violated my human right to genital integrity. She also never got along with my wife, or considered my wife's son to be her grandchild, even now that I'm married. After years of every conversation I had with her just ending in a bunch of screaming and arguing, I stopped talking to her. We've been estranged for the past two years.

Yeah, I hate my parents.

Last edited by RHOPKINS13,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
when I had been bad my dad would take the RF block out of the back of the N64, so one day I was a utter genius and I super glued it into the console....ahhh the satisfaction as he went to pull it out and failed was amazing.......shame it only lasted 2 minutes as he took the whole console and I didn't get it back for a week :(........i realised my assumption of my genius was vastly exaggerated

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt know that "Christians" Did circumcision?
I read all of your post, but why did your mom do it?

I am curious, I am catholic, we don't do that, I am just curious?
If you want we can take this to pm

Well, they're not supposed to, but a lot of Christians are misled because of God's commandment to Abraham to circumcise (Genesis 17:10-14). But there are several parts of the New Testament that say otherwise (Galatians 5:2 and 5:6 are favorites of mine).

Last edited by RHOPKINS13,

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
when I had been bad my dad would take the RF block out of the back of the N64, so one day I was a utter genius and I super glued it into the console....ahhh the satisfaction as he went to pull it out and failed was amazing.......shame it only lasted 2 minutes as he took the whole console and I didn't get it back for a week :(........i realised my assumption of my genius was vastly exaggerated
I love how that works, you(I) Think I am a genius in doing something like that, and it just gets worse.

My dads pretty cool, Helps me with projects, there when I need him.
sometimes though, he yells at me and my brother for fighting,
When really we are just discussing some stuff.
And don't get me started on my brother <_<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: