Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Do aikido or jiu-jutsu and you'll soon learn about cracking knuckes and joints!

I did Aikido for years ... it counter-pointed my boxing skills
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
TrolleyDave said:
Do aikido or jiu-jutsu and you'll soon learn about cracking knuckes and joints!

I did Aikido for years ... it counter-pointed my boxing skills
smile.gif

Niiice! Wing Chung and Boxing (proper boxing, not windmill boxing!) are the hardest styles to fight against using just Aikido, they're definitely a lethal combination together. Aikido is an amazing, but it's only really at it's most effective against fighters who use all their bodyweight in every move they make when fighting.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nope. Sometimes my neck but only when I wake up.

Also:
science said:
You have to clench your butt cheeks together really tight, and it hurts pretty bad the first time you do it, but it gets easier and less painful each time.
science said:
You have to clench your butt cheeks together really tight, and it hurts pretty bad the first time you do it, but it gets easier and less painful each time.
science said:
You have to clench your butt cheeks together really tight, and it hurts pretty bad the first time you do it, but it gets easier and less painful each time.QUOTE(science @ Apr 22 2008, 02:20 AM) You have to clench your butt cheeks together really tight, and it hurts pretty bad the first time you do it, but it gets easier and less painful each time.
QUOTE(science @ Apr 22 2008, 02:20 AM)

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
Cracking your knuckles does not give you arthritis. The cracking noise just comes from fluid moving from one side of the joint to the other (I think. I read it about 6 years ago)

I crack my fingers (3 joints on each finger), thumbs (both joints), my hands (not fingers, my actual hand), my neck, shoulders, my back, my tail bone, my wrist (non stop, but only one wrist), kneecaps (non stop), toes, foot (not toes, the whole foot), ankle (not stop, only one ankle though), and recently, my elbows.
I can pop most of what you do, and my hips too =/ Generally everywhere except for the small joints and the tailbone. I'm not sure if my jaw counts because I still haven't gotten my wisdom teeth removed.

EDIT: I can do my ribs too, just not repeatedly.

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
science said:
Cracking your knuckles does not give you arthritis. The cracking noise just comes from fluid moving from one side of the joint to the other (I think. I read it about 6 years ago)

Not quite - but you're close. X-Rays taken during the "cracking" process show small crescents of gas (in this case, nitrogen) forming due to the pressure exerted. The pressure causes the nitrogen to leave the synovial fluid in bubbles, which causes the cracking sound. When the pressure is released, the nitrogen is re-absorbed. Cracking your knuckles does not reduce strength of grip, or have any detrimental effects later in life, according to current evidence.

QUOTE(TaeK @ Apr 21 2008, 07:01 PM) Arthritis isn't a disease, it's not infectious
dry.gif

Again, almost right - The majority of Arthritis sufferers have what is known as "rheumatoid" arthritis, which is (according to current research) caused by a viral infection most likely acquired during early childhood which manifests itself as deformed joints much later in life.

As for Osteoarthritis (the other most common form), we have pretty much no idea what causes it - but it is more common in women and people with an obesity problem, so may be linked to those two factors. A lot of sources claim that joint injury or repeated strain may cause Osteoarthritis later in life, but there is no evidence to support that theory at the current time.

D.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
thebobevil said:
I crack my fingers, my toes, my right shoulder, my neck and my knees.

EDIT : Oh, and my jaw, sometimes, too.
Yeah, I crack everything several times aday. I cant help it. It feels good and my joints get sooo stiff....

I know what you mean ... it is a relief sometimes lol

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think cracking knuckles is weird. Kinda freaks me out too.

tomqman said:
i crack my penis once a day
smile.gif

my hands do it when i make a fist and i crack my back and my feet. sometimes my neck
Don't go crazy but your sig is too big. Limit is 50 kb, I think. That first gif is like 70 ish.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Altogether too much, altogether too easily.

I've cracked portions of my skeleton I wasn't aware could do it at all. I'd like to know what is cracking in my rib cage.

Finger joints, wrist joints, elbow joints, hip joints, knee joints, toe joints, I can make a really epic noise with neck joints.

I tell people it's because I was a rush assembly
smile.gif

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I once went a couple days without cracking my neck, and it was getting really achy and stiff ... I was stood in the line at a bank, and I just had to crack it ...

So, I whipped my head around, in the motion I use to crack it, and it was a long, bone-snapping kinda sound ... really loud ... serious horror movie sound effect quality ... and the girl behind me fainted lol

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lol I wish I could freak people out like that. Almost like remotely honking a car horn when someone walks by. I usually don't crack anything, but I always hurt my toes. Like my right big toenail is totally busted.
frown.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always crack my knuckles at home and school, and whenever my mom hears me she's like "DON'T DO THAT YOU'LL GET ARTHRITIS!!!1!"
tongue.gif

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I crack my knuckles all the time. My parents always told me that bs about "if you crack your knuckles, they'll grow all big and ugly". And you know what mom and dad, NOT TRUE!

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
I once went a couple days without cracking my neck, and it was getting really achy and stiff ... I was stood in the line at a bank, and I just had to crack it ...

So, I whipped my head around, in the motion I use to crack it, and it was a long, bone-snapping kinda sound ... really loud ... serious horror movie sound effect quality ... and the girl behind me fainted lol
Insta-win!

Here's some info on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracking_joints

QUOTE(wiki @ Apr 24 2008, 02:13 AM) Dr. Donald L. Unger spent fifty years cracking the knuckles of only his left hand twice daily. After this time his hands were found to have no noticeable differences and no arthritis had developed. The common parental advice "cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis" is not supported by any evidence, but habitual knuckle crackers are more likely to have hand swelling and lower grip strength attributed to stretched tendons.
Parents know shit!

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Fingers
Toes
Back (when I stay long at the computer or playing games, which is not that often)
Neck (only when I do Sight Training)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time