Hacking Cracked Hinge

Rxq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just notice my DS lite has a crack hinge. I remember reading this is some factory defect. I called nintendo customer service and they told me the system was 9 months out of warranty and i have to pay $75 for a repair.

I thought Nintendo would repair factory defects free of charge. ANy ideas? I dont want to pay $75 for a repair. Thats more than half the cost of a new system.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's only a free of charge fix if it is there very soon after purchase (a.k.a. within the warranty) otherwise it is simply wear and tear. You open and close it hundreds of times in a year, you would expect it to crack eventually. Either get a replacement case, or just buy a new one.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a known flaw in manufacturing. Nintendo never asked me for ANY kind of warranty information. They just asked for my address. I've known two other people to do the same thing, also no questions asked.

Rxq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i really dont want to pay so much for a repair that's caused my a manufacturing defect. I rarely even used my NDSL.
I'll give Nintendo a call again, but chances are they'll say its past warranty (after getting my serial #). What should i say?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof