Hacking Cracked DS Lite!!

UnknownBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm think that the cause of these cracks is warmth/heat. If you look at opened DS Lite pictures, you'll see that there is a metal ring inside of the left/right hinge.(Depends on where you're looking at the DS).

Because the DS Lite uses a different kind of plastic, it can't handle the expanding of the metal ring and cracks.

P.S. By "heat" doesn't mean that the DS has to be "hot"(literally)

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Don't think I can get a refund because it was won in a competition, meh
frown.gif

Think it's worth me waiting for it to crack fully then applying a little super glue?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned it elsewhere earlier in this thread,but according to a Nintendo rep I spoke with it was caused by the hinge being tightened up beyond the proper torque spec. A batch simply were screwed down too tight.

I don't have proof from God of this or anything, but some of the speculative theories in this thread of what's been causing the cracks are ridiculous. Fer instance - just a couple posts back someone insinuated they used cheaper plastic in the first USA batch than in the Japanese models.
wacko.gif

When you squeeze something hard enough, if it cannot viscously flow around the pressure, then it will crack.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have proof from God of this or anything, but some of the speculative theories in this thread of what's been causing the cracks are ridiculous. Fer instance - just a couple posts back someone insinuated they used cheaper plastic in the first USA batch than in the Japanese models.Â
wacko.gif
Â
What's insane about this theory? These things are cracking left and right in multiple locations! Nintendo has also said yellow screen is a part of the touch screen technology, I wouldn't put my faith in their answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine