OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have a psp 3000 with 6.20 pro b10 installed. the model is 03g. i can open, load, play, cps2 games just fine. i can return to the file browser and choose new games to play. when i try the "exit emulator" option (either from the in-game menu or by pressing triangle) the hdd led stays a solid orange and then the psp crashes with a clicking sound and shuts off. i am not having this issue with nj's cps1 emu at all. i am also not having this issue with the same files running on a psp 3000 with 6.60 pro b10 installed.

here is the vsh.txt:
ms0:/seplugins/category_lite.prx 1
ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx 1

nothing has ever caused an issue before and nothing else on the system is causing this to happen. i tried to close the emu after i disabled the theme, but that did not change anything.

i'm rather confused, because as i said these exact same files work great on another psp and cause absolutely no issue. that psp has the same set-up of the category plug-in. the roms have been verified against a mame dat, i know they are good.

any suggestions?

cheers,
-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i reloaded the files off my pc, and tested. it is still crashing when i exit.
i disabled the plug-in and moved the cps2 folder outside the category folder, it is still crashing when i exit.

i just found that i can exit the emu if i do not load any roms. if i load something and then try to exit (in-game or via triangle), it crashes.

what makes absolutely no sense to me is that the files work just fine on another psp. where there any significant differences between 6.20 and 6.60 pro b10 that would explain this?

edit:
i just tried the unofficial mod r4, it also crashes.

edit 2:
it seems that i can play some games and exit, everytime. but with others it crashes. again, these same files work just fine on another psp. the only differences between the systems is which version of pro b10 was installed (6.20 permanent vs 6.60 temp)

1944.zip 1944: The Loop Master (USA 000620) - crashes on exit
gigawing.zip Giga Wing (USA 990222) - works perfectly fine

-another world

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You may also need to consider that the 3000's don't share the same motherboard which could possibly cause some differences. If you run PSPIdent you'll be able to ascertain if there are hardware differences to consider too.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
22632-working_psp3000_black.jpg

*everything works

22633-notworking_white.jpg

*crashes

is it a common issue that homebrew does not run the same across different mobo revisions? it seems if that is the case that i would have come across a cps2 report of the emu crashing upon exit.

-another world

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Do remember that a lot of these emulators were made before CFWs (or even homebrew) on later models (like the 3000 and Go) was even possible, so a lot of bugs with the varying motherboards and such wouldn't be found during the lifetime.

No suggestions on a home-made fix though, other than perhaps running an alternate shell that would be returned to and seeing if that works?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i reformatted the pro duo then copied back some stuff, it still crashes.

i tried 3 unofficial builds: cps2psp_2.3.2uo, EmuCR-Uo_CPS2PSP_2.3.2, and uo_cps2psp_2.3.1_for_2k-3k-go-street_mod_r4. they all have the same problem.

unless someone can confirm this behavior on a maching psp (same mobo, same cfw, same emu files), then i have to assume there is something i can do to fix this.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30