• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to a new Trafalgar Group poll, the vast, bipartisan majority of American voters oppose vaccine mandates for American workers.

The poll, conducted in partnership with the Convention of States Action from September 17 to 19, included responses from 1097 likely voters.

https://humanevents.com/2021/09/29/...e-their-jobs-if-they-object-to-covid-vaccine/

LSoNNYj.jpeg

When I decide to stop being lazy I can find where Biden, Harris, Pelosi and Fauci all said the Government should not be mandating vaccines that it's not their role, yet here we are. Biden and Harris spoke against the vaccine in general when Trump was President.
Wouldn't put much stock into that poll due to the history of the group who made the poll, and the fact that most other polls are in favor of the vaccine mandate and the consequences of not getting vaccinated.

The group that made the poll: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafalgar_Group

Some other polls:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/354983/majority-supports-biden-covid-vaccine-mandates.aspx
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...-mandates-broadly-popular-despite-gop-outcry/

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to a new Trafalgar Group poll, the vast, bipartisan majority of American voters oppose vaccine mandates for American workers.

The poll, conducted in partnership with the Convention of States Action from September 17 to 19, included responses from 1097 likely voters.

https://humanevents.com/2021/09/29/...e-their-jobs-if-they-object-to-covid-vaccine/

LSoNNYj.jpeg

When I decide to stop being lazy I can find where Biden, Harris, Pelosi and Fauci all said the Government should not be mandating vaccines that it's not their role, yet here we are. Biden and Harris spoke against the vaccine in general when Trump was President.
oh thats cute you find...***1*** ..
heres a whole bunch
Poll-Vaccine-and-mask-mandates.png

210913074058-harry-enten-vaccine-mandate-support-poll-newday-vpx-00000000-full-169.jpg
20210918_woc291.png

.yes Vaccine mandates.. I hope you don't have any Vaccines shot in your life... because if you ever went to school in the US. You would need about 6-9 depending on the STATE to attend school.. and if you and your family did not object to THOSE Vaccines it might looks like your just political motivated to stir the pot. instead of actually worried bout the Vaccine it self.. and Heck some real AntiVaccine would call you a Hypocrite or already have tainted blood because your chicken pox, rubella or Hep c

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I come in here and do this once in a while, so I'll do it again.

First, the fun fact: There is nothing in the constitution preventing the government from mass mandating vaccination and masks. Shut the heck up.

So to sum it all up:

Vaccine = Good
Mask = Good
Republicans = Stupid, and have this burning passion that Trump won the election. False data, stupid theories, and no brains.
Democrats = Stupid, and have a lot going on to where they've come full circle and become the thing they sought to destroy. Correct data, no theories, and potential brains.

Politics are 100% stupid. It's seriously two sides of people fighting over dumb stuff. Can we get some Australian election into the mix where there's a third candidate of like the Green Party? That way we could have a three way divide, where there's more to discuss than "one side hates this."

Pretty much @Lacius and @djpannda have been spreading the truth. Vaccines aren't harmful.

Look, I hate needles as much as the next guy, but can we all agree it's for a good cause? The vaccine may not be a cure, but it does a pretty darn good job of keeping people a little safer. Like if you get a flu shot, you can get the flu, but it won't be as bad as an unvaccinated person.

Disproving conspiracy theories:

Government tracking: You are reading this on something where you are being tracked. Seriously, a connection to the internet can and will be traced by the government, just to make sure you're safe. Microchips still aren't small enough to fit a tracker in with a network card and some sensors, and still fit in a tiny needle.\

Autism: How in the shite can someone get a genetic disease from a vaccine. Like, it isn't even contagious. It can't cause a mutation, and there are no factual articles proving it.

Government mind control (American Exclusive): We aren't North Korea. There's a lot in America to be happy about. We have some freedoms that other countries do not, but it is overshadowed by all of the fighting between two dysfunctional sides.

Vaccines make you infertile: Fertility? That's what you're worried about? We are in a global pandemic where close contact spreads the disease, and you're worried about... fertility? The vaccine causing infertility has been disproven, as COVID doesn't affect the balls, and the vaccine help the immune system, not the reproductive system.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I come in here and do this once in a while, so I'll do it again.

First, the fun fact: There is nothing in the constitution preventing the government from mass mandating vaccination and masks. Shut the heck up.

So to sum it all up:

Vaccine = Good
Mask = Good
Republicans = Stupid, and have this burning passion that Trump won the election. False data, stupid theories, and no brains.
Democrats = Stupid, and have a lot going on to where they've come full circle and become the thing they sought to destroy. Correct data, no theories, and potential brains.

Politics are 100% stupid. It's seriously two sides of people fighting over dumb stuff. Can we get some Australian election into the mix where there's a third candidate of like the Green Party? That way we could have a three way divide, where there's more to discuss than "one side hates this."

Pretty much @Lacius and @djpannda have been spreading the truth. Vaccines aren't harmful.

Look, I hate needles as much as the next guy, but can we all agree it's for a good cause? The vaccine may not be a cure, but it does a pretty darn good job of keeping people a little safer. Like if you get a flu shot, you can get the flu, but it won't be as bad as an unvaccinated person.

Disproving conspiracy theories:

Government tracking: You are reading this on something where you are being tracked. Seriously, a connection to the internet can and will be traced by the government, just to make sure you're safe. Microchips still aren't small enough to fit a tracker in with a network card and some sensors, and still fit in a tiny needle.\

Autism: How in the shite can someone get a genetic disease from a vaccine. Like, it isn't even contagious. It can't cause a mutation, and there are no factual articles proving it.

Government mind control (American Exclusive): We aren't North Korea. There's a lot in America to be happy about. We have some freedoms that other countries do not, but it is overshadowed by all of the fighting between two dysfunctional sides.

Vaccines make you infertile: Fertility? That's what you're worried about? We are in a global pandemic where close contact spreads the disease, and you're worried about... fertility? The vaccine causing infertility has been disproven, as COVID doesn't affect the balls, and the vaccine help the immune system, not the reproductive system.

Butbutbut... what about 5g? The headaches are just the beginning, once those towers turn on, it will actively implant commands from the government into our brains! Once they turn on... we'll all... love... Biden... and buy... every copy of... Michelle Obama's book ever... :rofl:

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Butbutbut... what about 5g? The headaches are just the beginning, once those towers turn on, it will actively implant commands from the government into our brains! Once they turn on... we'll all... love... Biden... and buy... every copy of... Michelle Obama's book ever... :rofl:
AHHH, 5G just burned Michelle Obama's books into the very fiber of my brain!
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Jogarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got the Pfizer last month and my arm still gets sore sometimes especially when I use the muscle on the jabbed arm. I regret it.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Pfizer last month and my arm still gets sore sometimes especially when I use the muscle on the jabbed arm. I regret it.
you also have to take in account the person who injected it.. I had a lot of Nurses injecting and taking blood when I was young... Some of them Are horrible and Bruise my arm for Days and other I don't feel anything.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard evidence but if I don't look it can't be true, 😂😂😂
More like "why would I listen to a serial liar tell me another lie?"

But by all means, comrade, if you think you've got something to share that is of value, don't hide behind the chili man, bring information in your own words and wow the crowd~

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Preferably with some evidence-based, peer reviewed article(s) to support your claims. Like what we ask from both sides since the beginning. A shady video is not, and has never been, an evidence-based, peer reviewed proof of anything but human stupidity.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hard evidence but if I don't look it can't be true, 😂😂😂
There is no evidence in that video, it's just a short and over-simplified explanation of the immune system.. followed by baseless speculation on the effects of the vaccine on blood vessels. None of the papers referenced are anywhere to be found.

scroeffie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and bill gates is not mass producing fake meat ! social credit system is also fake ,qr code ?! :P 3e dose 4e dose any one ;) booster shot here we go its over 9000 !!

Last edited by scroeffie1984,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your arm may have already fill better by now, so on your second dose, you may want to take a couple tylenol (acetaminophen) for sore arm if you want to. Worked well for the side effect I had from the vaccine.

I wooshed you hard my dude x3
Aang, is that you?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm posting this here for any parents of 12-15 year olds. It's a statement from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) on the UK Government website.

On 26 August, 1 September and 2 September 2021, JCVI met, in collaboration with experts from overseas, to review updated evidence relating to the epidemiology of COVID-19 in the UK and safety data related to myocarditis following COVID-19 vaccination in the UK, US and Canada. There is increasingly robust evidence of an association between vaccination with mRNA COVID-19 vaccines and myocarditis. This is a very rare adverse event. Available data from the US and Canada indicate the reporting rate of myocarditis is higher following a second dose of mRNA vaccine, compared with the first dose. No association with prior SARS-CoV2 infection and myocarditis following vaccination has been identified.

The available data indicate that the clinical manifestations of myocarditis following vaccination are typically self-limiting and resolves within a short time. However, the clinical picture is atypical and the medium to long-term (months to years) prognosis, including the possibility of persistence of tissue damage resulting from inflammation, is currently uncertain as sufficient follow-up time has not yet occurred.

Advice
This advice is not based on assessments of vaccine availability, future supply or costs associated with delivery of a programme. When formulating advice in relation to childhood immunisations, JCVI has consistently held that the main focus of its decision should be the benefit to children and young people themselves, weighed against any potential harms from vaccination to children and young people. In providing its advice, JCVI also recognises that in relation to childhood immunisation programmes, the UK public places a higher relative value on safety compared to benefits.

The available evidence indicates that the individual health benefits from COVID-19 vaccination are small in those aged 12 to 15 years who do not have underlying health conditions which put them at risk of severe COVID-19. The potential risks from vaccination are also small, with reports of post-vaccination myocarditis being very rare, but potentially serious and still in the process of being described. Given the rarity of these events and the limited follow-up time of children and young people with post-vaccination myocarditis, substantial uncertainty remains regarding the health risks associated with these adverse events.

Overall, the committee is of the opinion that the benefits from vaccination are marginally greater than the potential known harms (tables 1 to 4) but acknowledges that there is considerable uncertainty regarding the magnitude of the potential harms. The margin of benefit, based primarily on a health perspective, is considered too small to support advice on a universal programme of vaccination of otherwise healthy 12 to 15-year-old children at this time. As longer-term data on potential adverse reactions accrue, greater certainty may allow for a reconsideration of the benefits and harms. Such data may not be available for several months.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...children-aged-12-to-15-years-3-september-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.