• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think it's hilarious how the position on the COVID vaccine flipped between 2020 and 2021. I remember when liberals were the ones like "I won't get a vaccine funded by Trump Admin" when Operation Warp Speed was announced, and Trump supporters were all for it.

The irony.
I think the general sentiment from the political left was "I'm not going to get vaccinated if/when it becomes available just because Trump says it's safe. I'll wait for Fauci and the broader medical community to recommend it first." I believe numerous Democratic candidates for president pretty much said the same thing during the election.

If Trump hadn't downplayed the pandemic or hidden the fact that he himself got vaccinated, maybe his supporters would feel differently about the vaccine.

Last edited by Lacius,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still think it's hilarious how the position on the COVID vaccine flipped between 2020 and 2021. I remember when liberals were the ones like "I won't get a vaccine funded by Trump Admin" when Operation Warp Speed was announced, and Trump supporters were all for it.

The irony.

I'm not sure the Trump supporters were all for it, they swallowed his lie that it would just disappear. That is the danger of having a president who lies more than any other president in history.

Trump is so untrustworthy that I would need to double check if he showed me the sky was black and he said it was night time. That isn't irony, that is just common sense.

Last edited by smf,

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the general sentiment from the political left was "I'm not going to get vaccinated if/when it becomes available just because Trump says it's safe. I'll wait for Fauci and the broader medical community to recommend it first." I believe numerous Democratic candidates for president pretty much said the same thing during the election.

If Trump hadn't downplayed the pandemic or hidden the fact that he himself got vaccinated, maybe his supporters would feel differently about the vaccine.

Fair point. In such a scenario, Trump probably would have won the election, too, unless the DNC went with a better strategy that didn't include a Biden/Harris run. In the least, fewer people would have died in that scenario, though I don't like to think about what another four years of the guy would have looked like - especially given all the Republican Party is right now is largely culture war talking points combined with Reagan ideology.

I'm not sure the Trump supporters were all for it, they swallowed his lie that it would just disappear. That is the danger of having a president who lies more than any other president in history.

Trump is so untrustworthy that I would need to double check if he showed me the sky was black and he said it was night time. That isn't irony, that is just common sense.

The way I see it, Trump is probably no less trustworthy than most other politicians and big business people. The difference is that he wasn't as good at hiding it.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The way I see it, Trump is probably no less trustworthy than most other politicians and big business people. The difference is that he wasn't as good at hiding it.

I disagree, he is so corrupt that news of his corruption has become normalized. When news of lesser corrupt people breaks, then it's worse for them while there is no downside for Trump for doing illegal things.

There are probably people out there that would do worse things than him, but aren't given the opportunity because they didn't inherit loads of money and were enabled by others to be corrupt.

You could argue that allowing one guy to get away with it doesn't cause much of a problem, it's just stealing tax dollars from the government or cheating someone out of money who are probably not very nice either. However what it does is teach everyone watching that it's ok to do that.

So even if you are right and everyone else is so much better at hiding it, then it still justifies taking a hard line on Trump.

Reactions: Xzi

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, because your statements about people on the Left don't seem to line up with the vast majority of what people on the Left tend to stand for. This isn't to say that many issues like anti-vax aren't found universally but it is to say that there's a pretty divide in many of these issues. Anti-vax is not a commonly found position in the Left, most tend to push for trusting doctors. It's extremely commonly found in the Right and even pushed by far-right politicians like Trump. You coupled in honest observations, like much of the Left being pro-GMO's and nuclear power, but then confusing statements like male-female differences. This is another issue that doesn't seem to line up with much of the Left, as much of the Left is tends to be trying to push away from male-female differences and even towards accepting concepts that are contrary to that. This isn't to say that these claims eclipses all of the Left, you often find different ideas across the spectrum, but it's pretty fair to say that most people on the Left these days tend to be rather pro-science, pro-gender equality/expression, and against movements like anti-vax.
So some study says that the guy who approved and accelerated the vaccine also said not to get it, I think you are so sucked up in propaganda Im wasting my time. The man wanted to call it the trumpCine for goodness sakes. So there you are proving my point about feeding confirmation bias, you just did it in real time. YOu can actually look up an article or flawed study to support any argument you want online these days, keep this in mind at all times. Here is one for you, a video that you just cant deny https://www.cbsnews.com/video/2020-vp-debate-kamala-harris-on-coronavirus-vaccine/ there you have the vp spreading ridiculous tribalism.

Mind you the idea that the democrats are left wing is completely bonkers, its all smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't even call Trump far right, especially since in many ways he's to the left of Biden in actual practice. Not because Trump is great, its because Biden and the like are so horrible and tribal people look the other way. We are talking about people who send the cia over to countries like Syria to fund terrorists... The same politicians who would find Muslim men and radicalize them so they could stop them later.

Last edited by kevin corms,

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Testimony from a real doctor, not Bill Gates, and not some flip flopping fraudster like Fauci:

Fauci is a real doctor, but politics come first from him. Bill Gats is so rich people like to pretend he knows everything so they can have some money too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fair point. In such a scenario, Trump probably would have won the election, too, unless the DNC went with a better strategy that didn't include a Biden/Harris run. In the least, fewer people would have died in that scenario, though I don't like to think about what another four years of the guy would have looked like - especially given all the Republican Party is right now is largely culture war talking points combined with Reagan ideology.

Exactly, the government hated him because he kept saying the quiet part out loud. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/keeping-oil-syria-trump-considered-war-crime/story?id=66589757

Usually they just do it and act like the American government does no wrong ever. https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...eddling-comments-geneva-were-such-ncna1271316

Anyway, I'm done. It greatly frustrates me to discuss politics with people who don't actually pay attention to anything.

Last edited by kevin corms,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ugh... I just hate how people try to argue against the flood of real data that the vaccines work.

The more people that gets vaccinated the faster the virus can get irradiated. But thanks the anti-vaxx moments some dead diseases are coming back and fuck you for doing that.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ugh... I just hate how people try to argue against the flood of real data that the vaccines work.

The more people that gets vaccinated the faster the virus can get irradiated. But thanks the anti-vaxx moments some dead diseases are coming back and fuck you for doing that.

Thanks for that, fuck'm (idiots)

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Blame the un-vaxxed for your "vaccination" not working. Why don't you demand a better solution (cure)? Obviously the government has enough power to push it if getting a vaccine that gains pharmaceutical companies trillions in revenue was so easy.

Last edited by tabzer,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Blame the un-vaxxed for your "vaccination" not working. Why don't you demand a better solution (cure)? Obviously the government has enough power to push it if getting a vaccine that gains pharmaceutical companies trillions in revenue was so easy.
Dude, are you dumber than your avatar looks? The vaccinations work! We had eradicated Measles in the west. Then some moms read some facebook posts and fake websites like the ones you linked and suddenly, it's coming back! It's not like people stopped traveling?

So fuck you and your anti-vax bullshit. If you don't want to take the shot, fine. But shut the hell up about spreading misinformation.
EDIT: To add, I can't get the measles. I'm vaccinated against it.

Last edited by linuxares,

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Oi mates, I'd like to say again that vaccines are effective. I don't know how you people have enough energy to find false news sources from people who have so much time on their hands.

Unknown side effects? Those are from pre-existing conditions. You fully agree with a form to consent that anything that happens is at your own risk and you understand the potential dangers (I'm not saying there are any for most people) that come with an Emergency Authorization Vaccine.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccinations haven't had deadly side effects in 99.99% of people. Some people have died having the vaccine, not because of the vaccine. Myself and others in this thread have been vaccinated or partially vaccinated and feel perfectly fine. I had the expected side effects, because since the beginning of vaccination, side effect were considered the vaccine working.

Of course, as most vaccines go, there is always a component of danger with pre-existing conditions. The most common one is eggs, the place where viruses are grown. However, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines do not have eggs, rather a messenger mRNA strand. Here is the link to a source proving mRNA's effectiveness and application in the medical community. The other one that has been discovered is certain cardiovascular conditions. Rather than using Google, an ineffective tool for self-diagnosis and extreme conditions, consult a medically licensed practitioner, who can perform such tests to tell you if your heart couldn't handle a COVID-19 vaccine. Do not use Google as a tool for self diagnosis. No matter how cool and smart you think you are, 9 times out of 10 you will not ever diagnose yourself correctly.

A fun fact: my history of genetic cardiovascular diseases still hasn't got in the way of me getting my vaccine, as my doctor approved it for our family. I have had the vaccine for months now and have felt absolutely no pain.

In other words, vaccine ignorance has been disproven. Swallow your pride, burn it with fire, and scatter the ashes into acid. Get your vaccine to protect yourself and others, especially because of the new variants of COVID circulating around. Nobody gives half of a rat's arse if you have a source saying it causes moderate to severe tuberculosis in one person who happened to get tuberculosis, it's meant to help you and others go back to normal life. Most countries now require proof of vaccination with an on-site screening. If you want to do anything fun anymore, get vaccinated. You will get nowhere by vaccine-Karening.

I do not welcome people who are "trans-vaccinated." Vaccines are not a like sexuality, and placebo-effecting yourself will do nothing. You may not identify that way. You can (if you want), pick and choose sexualities and orientations depending on how your brain feels fit with its development. However, claiming to be vaccinated without a record is dangerous, rude, satirical, and potentially considered fraudulent. Go actually get a vaccine. Myself, a team of educated people, and several thousands of sources, doctors, and medical professionals who know what they are doing (and who know more than you about what you are trying to dispute) will disprove conspiracies. I welcome those who can't get the vaccine because of allergies or diseases which will be negatively impacted by an ingredient within the vaccine. You are fine, but don't anti-vaxx advocate for those who are merely idiots.

That's right, I'm back in the thread.

Reactions: Xzi

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ugh, I hate how people try and suppress alternative view points and censor anyone and everyone that doesn't swallow the mainstream narrative. God forbid somebody like Dr. McCullough stands up and makes very valid points. Face it, the emperor has no clothes and brave doctors like him need to call out the BS. If you bothered watching the link I posted a few replies back, can you point out anything he lied about? This guy is 10,000,000 times smarter than you and lacius when it comes to covid and I'd trust his medical advice over anyone elses on this board any day of the week.

If you take away ALL..... ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the talking points you get from the lügenpresse around covid-1984, what are you basing your opinion on about how safe the covid "vaccine" is? The "doctors" and "scientists" that the lügenpresse put forward or the doctors and scientists that are censored by tech companies? Oh that's right.... you don't hear from the censored doctors because they are banned.

So at this point, you're left with personal experience to form your opinion on covid and the "vaccine" for it. In that case.... going off personal experience....how many patients have you treated with covid? You think you've seen as many as Dr. McCullough? I have no doubt you can think of dozens of people in your family and circle of friends that have all died of covid. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, they'd still be alive if they learned about covid treatments that Dr. McCullough (and other banned doctors) touched on? Before the orange clown's operation warp speed came along, virtually any mention about using vitamin D, ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine to treat covid was squashed but you're cool with that, right?

Dr. McCullough is basing his opinions on his work with covid infected patients and talking to other doctors. People like you and lacius are GIVEN your opinions from the lügenpresse and without exercising critical thinking skills, you happily lap it up and think you're smarter than people like Dr. McCullough and don't question a single thing you're told.

Like you, I use to think that there was only one side to the argument......the right side....my side. But after much reading and attending various lectures and going to symposiums on a myriad of topics, I've come to understand that there are alternative views to virtually everything and if I don't have expertise on a particular subject, I like to expose myself to both sides of an argument and decide for myself which side I come down on. I don't let CNN/Faux Noise/MSNBC/Bill Gates/big tech make that choice for me. It's beyond obvious that you can't trust the media or either side of the political divide. I fail to understand how anyone can hear BOTH SIDES of the covid debate and not see that something weird is going on with the official narrative.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Dude, are you dumber than your avatar looks? The vaccinations work! We had eradicated Measles in the west. Then some moms read some facebook posts and fake websites like the ones you linked and suddenly, it's coming back! It's not like people stopped traveling?

So fuck you and your anti-vax bullshit. If you don't want to take the shot, fine. But shut the hell up about spreading misinformation.
EDIT: To add, I can't get the measles. I'm vaccinated against it.

Hey, if your vaccine works, then I am happy for you.

If is the operative word. I can see why you are angry.

Also, if you don't like Amano, I consider that your loss.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so glad this kind of thread exists so I can see who I need to mute to keep my cool. So much misinformation from people who claim they got "information" from "censored sources/doctors" (so much censored that you got to hear a whole lot from them on platforms that make so many views and so much money I can hardly agree that there is any censorship, friends).
You claim to be thinking by yourselves, but you're only just blabbering the same old stupidities that some people who were once acclaimed for their work are now spreading even though they have no fucking clue what they're talking about, and no background whatsoever to be able to assert what they are asserting.
On the other hand, thousands of doctors and researchers are at work trying to eradicate this virus that broke our heathcare systems several times in little more than a year, have come up with very clever treatments and vaccines using research and tech that have been on the works for years and finally have a proper use. And you just blow that with a handwave by listening to stupid, inaccurate claims from a minority that doesn't even work on said disease. Have you lost your minds?

We have preventative measures, one of which has been the gold standard to (almost) eradicate several illnesses from our countries for years, so just swallow it and take your shot folks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey, if your vaccine works, then I am happy for you.

If is the operative word. I can see why you are angry.

Also, if you don't like Amano, I consider that your loss.
Vaccines do work, there isn't a debate on that, the only arguments against them haven't been from actual professionals in the field. There are no two sides, there are people listening to professionals vs idiots. Those against vaccines are idiots, plain and simple.
Vaccines aren't 100% effective if there people too stupid to get them. So yes, we should blame the moronic people who remain unvaccinated, they are at fault for continuing the spread of diseases like Covid. The cure for Covid is simple, get the vaccine and slow the spread, the same way we dealt with diseases like smallpox.

So some study says that the guy who approved and accelerated the vaccine also said not to get it, I think you are so sucked up in propaganda Im wasting my time. The man wanted to call it the trumpCine for goodness sakes.
Sources?
So there you are proving my point about feeding confirmation bias, you just did it in real time. YOu can actually look up an article or flawed study to support any argument you want online these days, keep this in mind at all times. Here is one for you, a video that you just cant deny https://www.cbsnews.com/video/2020-vp-debate-kamala-harris-on-coronavirus-vaccine/ there you have the vp spreading ridiculous tribalism.
I literally don't care what the VP says, I don't look to politicians for medical advice nor for their opinions on vaccines. I also don't see what you are getting at and it just seems like you are stating some pseudo-intellectual guff about me.

Mind you the idea that the democrats are left wing is completely bonkers, its all smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't even call Trump far right, especially since in many ways he's to the left of Biden in actual practice. Not because Trump is great, its because Biden and the like are so horrible and tribal people look the other way. We are talking about people who send the cia over to countries like Syria to fund terrorists... The same politicians who would find Muslim men and radicalize them so they could stop them later.
I am glad you are at least aware that the Dems don't fall into the Left, but then the rest of what you said is completely laughable. Trump and Biden are both on the far-right, but the claim that Trump is closer Left is just a joke. Trump is literally a far-right Nationalist, he pushed for far-right politics and us-vs-them rhetoric. I am starting to feel like you have an unhealthy obsession with tribalism and ignoring the time Trump literally convinced his followers to violently go after non-supporters, Mexicans, and Asians. Also, Trump continued the same attacks on Syria that were started by Obama. None of their hands are clean of that blood and pretending Biden is the only one guilty is just ignoring reality.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: WG481 and RocaBOT

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Vaccines do work, there isn't a debate on that, the only arguments against them haven't been from actual professionals in the field. There are no two sides, there are people listening to professionals vs idiots. Those against vaccines are idiots, plain and simple.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective if there people too stupid to get them. So yes, we should blame the moronic people who remain unvaccinated, they are at fault for continuing the spread of diseases like Covid. The cure for Covid is simple, get the vaccine and slow the spread, the same way we dealt with diseases like smallpox.

I literally don't care what the VP says, I don't look to politicians for medical advice nor for their opinions on vaccines. I also don't see what you are getting at and it just seems like you are stating some pseudo-intellectual guff on me.

I am glad you are at least aware that the Dems don't fall into the Left, but then the rest of what you said is completely laughable. Trump and Biden are both on the far-right, but the claim that Trump is closer Left is just a joke. Trump is literally a far-right Nationalist, he pushed for far-right politics and us-vs-them rhetoric. I am starting to feel like you have an unhealthy obsession with tribalism and ignoring the time Trump literally convinced his followers to violently go after non-supporters, Mexicans, and Asians. Also, Trump still continued the same attacks on Syria that were started by Obama. None of their hands are clean of that blood and pretending Biden is the only one guilty is just ignoring reality.

If you are accurate and true (you're not), then please disillusion @linuxares

To add, I can't get the measles. I'm vaccinated against it

I can hardly agree that there is any censorship

:)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you are accurate and true (you're not), then please disillusion @linuxares
So I should trust the guy who believes the election was rigged based on his personal faith for his opinion on vaccines? Provide actual proof, actual evidence, something of actual substance that is peer-reviewed and backed by professionals.
I do want to add that I am saying all anti-vaxxors are dangerous idiots. Vaccines work, history provides plenty of evidence that vaccines work. The fact that we aren’t dying from diseases that were once widespread is evidence that vaccines work. To deny the reality and believe conspiracies about vaccines is dangerous and stupid.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: