Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
toxicflash said:
has anyone got any idea why my DScovered isnt putting the files in alphabetical order, i noticed this when adding new roms to the collection i previously had on my Micro sd , everything is working fine they show up but since adding "Rooms" and "Warioware DIY" they are last in the flow chart,

Yoshis island is the normally last on the flow chart and have all the files named correctly and double checked them before someone says " just rename them" its onlywhen i add new roms they get booted to the back of the pack........

Anyhelp would be great and yes it does bother me what posistion there in and yes its an OCD,

right off to wash my hands 6 times and count to ten before turning the light off

Currently DScovered does not sort the games at all. I have however added the ability to sort the games in DSCovery before updating the card. You will be able to sort the list by folder, name or code.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next update.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
There was a previous reply here about Coverflow causing the Micro SD card to corrupt.

I had asked someone on another website similar to this one to post it, because it was my problem and it happened while my posting rights were taken away. It wasn't exactly explained in much detail, so I'll explain what happened further.

Before I placed Coverflow as my R4DS's firmware, I had no problems, but afterward my Micro SD card corrupted three times in 2 days (it did work for one day before this happened). Two of those times were within ten minutes of each other. Once I switched the firmware on the Micro SD card back to YSmenu, the problem did not happen again, and this is why I suspect Coverflow DS to be the reason why the files on my Micro SD card were becoming corrupted.

If you could look into this problem, then I would be grateful, for this firmware is stylish as well as functional. I would really like to use it, but I don't wish to put my files at risk again.

Thank you for your time, and I hope this problem is dealt with.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
the problem here, is that yours seems to be the only card effected by this problem. Did you try doing a full format of your card? maybe there are bad sectors or something? Also, have you tried a different version of DSCovered?

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
the problem here, is that yours seems to be the only card effected by this problem. Did you try doing a full format of your card? maybe there are bad sectors or something? Also, have you tried a different version of DSCovered?
I tried a full format 3 times, which was the only solution to getting rid of the corrupted data. Until I needed to format again. And again. And then I switched back to YSmenu.

I didn't try a different version of it, because I'm only familiar with setting up the latest version.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Inunah said:
spinal_cord said:
I tried a full format 3 times, which was the only solution to getting rid of the corrupted data. Until I needed to format again. And again. And then I switched back to YSmenu.

I didn't try a different version of it, because I'm only familiar with setting up the latest version.

Have you tried a different MicroSD card?

toxicflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but

Works on Acekard2i with 1.5.1 (only tried on MicroSD card so far)
Doesn't seem to work with 1.6RC2 though on latest games (with Ap - Like Z:ST or Bookworm)

??????

Just tried the said games on my AK2i with AKaio 1.6 rc2 and no probs , bookworm loaded straight away and zelda all train controls are visable and useable,
i have tried over 80 roms and had no probs what so ever, maybe a format of card and reload everything back on might help?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
toxicflash said:
CannonFoddr said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but

Works on Acekard2i with 1.5.1 (only tried on MicroSD card so far)
Doesn't seem to work with 1.6RC2 though on latest games (with Ap - Like Z:ST or Bookworm)
?????? Just tried the said games on my AK2i with AKaio 1.6 rc2 and no probs , bookworm loaded straight away and zelda all train controls are visable and useable,
i have tried over 80 roms and had no probs what so ever, maybe a format of card and reload everything back on might help?
Could be - I was using a general all-in-one MicroSD (It had AKAIO/N5/M3i/Moonshell system files all on the same card ) & All I did was install DSCover on top off all that

May try again later to see

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
Inunah said:
spinal_cord said:

Have you tried a different MicroSD card?
Don't have more than one, and I don't know anyone who has one I can borrow.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK - I can confirm it DOES work with AKAIO 1.6RC2

Quick Question
1) I've figured out that IF you wish to boot into AKAIO to activate cheats etc - you need to press & hold when loading a game, but apart from switching off/on - is there a way BACK to DScovery ?

Oh hang on NVM - I've found out the instructions for installing onto Acekard is maybe missing a line
QUOTE said:
Copy the d_system folder and akmenu4.nds to the root of your card.
Also copy over DScovered.nds if you wish to start DSCovery from within AKAIO

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fuuuuuuuuck! I tried this app, and it seemingy worked great!
However, when I launched my Zelda:ST-game, it went to AKAIO, launched it, and boom! - "Creating a new save.." *^"%"()#/!

Luckily I backup up my saves before switching to RC2 of AKAIO, bu that was 3 days ago, I've beaten a temple and was almost through with the last Temple of Spirits!
frown.gif

Gah, why did this happen? Also, I tried loading in my own covers from games, but they all look like static snow, like when there's no reception on the TV..

Anyway, probably a great app, too bad it deleted my save :/
Acekard 2i (real), AKAIO RC2.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read somwhere about a problem with akaio and if the save file is .sav or .SAV, but maybe that was a different thing.
As for the covers, did you use the DSCovery.exe app to convert them?

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ahhhh fuck.

can't get it to work. it seems so cool though.

when i load it up all that appears is purple on the top screen with options, set as favourite etc and the bottom is just black.

what am I missing?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have it wrking fine on original R4DS, but is it common for a glitch in the bottom screen to occur when 'flicking' through covers? ie. a black horizontal line flickers momentarily through the middle of the screen as you change from cover to cover.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read somwhere about a problem with akaio and if the save file is .sav or .SAV, but maybe that was a different thing.
As for the covers, did you use the DSCovery.exe app to convert them?
Yeah, that was probably it. I -think- it had capitalized letters, as in ZELDA.SAV.. Damn :/

The covers.. How do I convert them? What I did, is that I DL'd i.e. Warioware DIY's cover, and saved it as UORJ.bmp in the covers-folder. Just refreshed the program, and it was there as a cover, it had the purple strips and everything. Do I need to do more? Update the inf-file etc?
Btw; What's the most easy way for me to return to AKAIO if I want to launch moonshell for example? Just hold B when selecting a game, or is there another shortcut?

Cheers!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pesaroso said:
Btw; What's the most easy way for me to return to AKAIO if I want to launch moonshell for example? Just hold B when selecting a game, or is there another shortcut?...Cheers!
Why not start Moonshell from within DScovered instead - then while in Moonshell run the akmenu.nds (the renamed akmenu4.nds) - or will that just restart DScovered ??
(In work - so can't check at the moment)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol