XP
Country
United States
siamese said:
Mario92 said:
clashthunder said:
now it corrupts the save file
frown.gif
Just needs to disable soft reset from DScovered settings. Soft reset still works but then it wont corrupt anything.

Done both on my dstt 4gb, (panasonic sd formatted) but data corrupts inevitably, it lets you load some games, then it corrupts ysmenu.ini (opening it with notepad it shows a bunch of ÿÿÿÿÿÿ) it corrupts game´s *.sav file (Rhythm_Paradise.sav) and if you continue trying it gives the infamous red folder MENU? sign on top screen.

sd corruption is common on some ttds cards, but not that fast! i must confess coverflow looks awesome in my ds and with some games it works nice, for some strange reason Rhythm_Paradise.nds makes it crazy.
hate2.gif
following clashthunder posts it seems there is no conflict in using 4 gb microsd cards, but the install.rtf file cleared IT all "You will have nothing but trouble if you try to use an SDHC card", wonder how speighty did with a 8 Gb card?????? not with a ttds I suppose.

so clashthunder, relax, it´s NOT going to work!
wacko.gif
no sdhc support yet! back to good ol´ ysmenu+moonshell mobo
it's working now
biggrin.gif

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
clashthunder said:
it's working now
biggrin.gif

Glad its working for you
smile.gif

QUOTE(siamese @ May 2 2010, 11:12 PM) Done both on my dstt 4gb, (panasonic sd formatted) but data corrupts inevitably, it lets you load some games, then it corrupts ysmenu.ini (opening it with notepad it shows a bunch of ÿÿÿÿÿÿ) it corrupts game´s *.sav file (Rhythm_Paradise.sav) and if you continue trying it gives the infamous red folder MENU? sign on top screen.

sd corruption is common on some ttds cards, but not that fast! i must confess coverflow looks awesome in my ds and with some games it works nice, for some strange reason Rhythm_Paradise.nds makes it crazy.
hate2.gif
following clashthunder posts it seems there is no conflict in using 4 gb microsd cards, but the install.rtf file cleared IT all "You will have nothing but trouble if you try to use an SDHC card", wonder how speighty did with a 8 Gb card?????? not with a ttds I suppose.

wacko.gif
It works pretty nicely SDHC if using latest files and disable soft reset from options (soft reset works any case).
You can also try Xenon++ alternative loader. It works like charm with YSMenu and DScovered combo on my 8gt SDHC and DSTT

BTW is Gparted as good as that panasonic SD formatter?
blink.gif

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
so does this work with sdhc?I read the installation and its say "You will have nothing but trouble with sdhc" but I read some people here are geting it to work.
I got 8gb sdhc by the way.

clashthunder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
clashthunder said:
it's working now
biggrin.gif

Glad its working for you
smile.gif

QUOTE(siamese @ May 2 2010, 11:12 PM) Done both on my dstt 4gb, (panasonic sd formatted) but data corrupts inevitably, it lets you load some games, then it corrupts ysmenu.ini (opening it with notepad it shows a bunch of ÿÿÿÿÿÿ) it corrupts game´s *.sav file (Rhythm_Paradise.sav) and if you continue trying it gives the infamous red folder MENU? sign on top screen.

hate2.gif

wacko.gif
It works pretty nicely SDHC if using latest files and disable soft reset from options (soft reset works any case).
You can also try Xenon++ alternative loader. It works like charm with YSMenu and DScovered combo on my 8gt SDHC and DSTT

BTW is Gparted as good as that panasonic SD formatter?
blink.gif

link for alternative loader?

mAlvarado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi to everyone,

I'm using Xenon loader on DSCovered, and I want to know if is possible to add the option of stop the "autorunWithLastRom" by pressing B or any other button, in the code of wood before compile it.

I post it because I cannot find the source in the google site for this, and want to know if Xenon could do this.

My reason is simple, if I want to use the cheats on any game, I have to edit the __rpg\globalsettings.ini
and set to '0' the value of autorunWithLastRom with DSOrganize, then restart my ds and load the loader as a homebrew
tongue.gif

Sorrry if you're gonna say "Why don't you do it your self", but I have no much time to look for the code right now, and don't want to wait till the weekend to search for the code and download all the tools for compile it.

I think thah putting an "if button B is pressed" (pseoudo code) before the line that loads the autorunWithLastRom you can avoid running this, and start wood normally
tongue.gif

Thanks !

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mAlvarado said:
Hi to everyone,

I'm using Xenon loader on DSCovered, and I want to know if is possible to add the option of stop the "autorunWithLastRom" by pressing B or any other button, in the code of wood before compile it.

I post it because I cannot find the source in the google site for this, and want to know if Xenon could do this.

My reason is simple, if I want to use the cheats on any game, I have to edit the __rpg\globalsettings.ini
and set to '0' the value of autorunWithLastRom with DSOrganize, then restart my ds and load the loader as a homebrew
tongue.gif

Sorrry if you're gonna say "Why don't you do it your self", but I have no much time to look for the code right now, and don't want to wait till the weekend to search for the code and download all the tools for compile it.

I think thah putting an "if button B is pressed" (pseoudo code) before the line that loads the autorunWithLastRom you can avoid running this, and start wood normally
tongue.gif

Thanks !
When you run DScovery on your PC select akmenu.nds as well. Spinal has written code to prevent akmenu.nds from autoruning. When you select akmenu from dscovered it will place you back in wood or akaio main menu screens.

Edit: I am assuming you are using one of Xenon's patched wood versions renamed to akmenu.nds.

speighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know spinal cord said he would look into it but can anyone else confirm that after adding over 100 covers in dscovered they start to dissapear, its fine upto 100.

Thanks spinal for the great work.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
now using Xennon++ alternate loader. error display on green bottom screen

Alternative DSision Loader modified YsMenu
Boot
VRAM bootlib by Chishsm
dldiPatch aka dldiboot public domain under
CC0.
Mar 29 2010 15:57:05 GMT+09:00
DevKitARMr30 + Libnds 1.4.3 + Libfat 1.0.7
(modified)

DLDI ID TTIO
DLDI Name: TTCARD IO Library

Initializing Libfat..... Done.
Loading /loadfile.dat.... Done.
Loading / d_system/Loader.ext..... Done.
Configuring extlink....
Cannot open /work
Accept your fate.

any ideas?
wacko.gif

mAlvarado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mantis41 said:
mAlvarado said:
Hi to everyone,

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks !
When you run DScovery on your PC select akmenu.nds as well. Spinal has written code to prevent akmenu.nds from autoruning. When you select akmenu from dscovered it will place you back in wood or akaio main menu screens.

Edit: I am assuming you are using one of Xenon's patched wood versions renamed to akmenu.nds.

Thanks but it keeps loading the last room that i played, I'm using a r4 original, with wood_r4 patch from xenon. I guess verytime that I load a game from DSCovered the option "autorunWithLastRom" option is set to 1 on the globalsettings.ini, so when DSCovered pass the load to akmenu.nds (woodr4.nds from Xenon) it read the ini and start the last game played.

I understood perfectly what you mean, and spinal has changed it issue for the YSMenu loader :

Update 03/02/10
-= Windows App =-
-= DS app =-
ysmenu orevious file cleared on startup, can now load ysmenu properly

but not for the wood config, anyway, the code of wood, or DSCovered has to be changed to be able to start wood without loading the last game, when only the wood is wanted to be loaded

the possible solutions in the code
1. add the following option on wood: press any button to avoid the autorunWithLastRoom
or
2. Set to 0 te option on the __rpg\globalsettings.ini when DSCovered is loaded, and set it to 1 when is supossed to load a game

Thanks again

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
mAlvarado said:
Mantis41 said:
mAlvarado said:
Hi to everyone,

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks !

Thanks but it keeps loading the last room that i played, I'm using a r4 original, with wood_r4 patch from xenon. I guess verytime that I load a game from DSCovered the option "autorunWithLastRom" option is set to 1 on the globalsettings.ini, so when DSCovered pass the load to akmenu.nds (woodr4.nds from Xenon) it read the ini and start the last game played.

I understood perfectly what you mean, and spinal has changed it issue for the YSMenu loader :

Update 03/02/10
-= Windows App =-
-= DS app =-

but not for the wood config, anyway, the code of wood, or DSCovered has to be changed to be able to start wood without loading the last game, when only the wood is wanted to be loaded

1. add the following option on wood: press any button to avoid the autorunWithLastRoom
or
2. Set to 0 te option on the __rpg\globalsettings.ini when DSCovered is loaded, and set it to 1 when is supossed to load a game

Thanks again

Try using my loader instead of xenon++'s and set homebrew to load externally.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
siamese said:
now using Xennon++ alternate loader. error display on green bottom screen

Alternative DSision Loader modified YsMenu
Boot
VRAM bootlib by Chishsm
dldiPatch aka dldiboot public domain under
CC0.
Mar 29 2010 15:57:05 GMT+09:00
DevKitARMr30 + Libnds 1.4.3 + Libfat 1.0.7
(modified)

DLDI ID TTIO
DLDI Name: TTCARD IO Library

Initializing Libfat..... Done.
Loading /loadfile.dat.... Done.
Loading / d_system/Loader.ext..... Done.
Configuring extlink....
Cannot open /work
Accept your fate.

any ideas?
wacko.gif
modify /d_system/loader.ext

PS inilink is meant to be used with iniclear.

mAlvarado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
spinal_cord said:
mAlvarado said:
Mantis41 said:
mAlvarado said:
Hi to everyone,

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks !

Update 03/02/10
-= Windows App =-
-= DS app =-

or

Thanks again

Try using my loader instead of xenon++'s and set homebrew to load externally.

Thanks! everithing is fine now!

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I like the latest version. Its really nice.. Pretty pissed that I accidentally erased my save data for a game because the loader was set to ysmenu by default.. My fault though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1