Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Levitate said:
Will new version include an option to download 1024x640 covers? Because that'd be sweet being able to choose the resolution you want..

yes , i've created a special folder on WiiTDB to store 1024x680 covers.
It will be available when Wiiflow is updated.
But for the moment , only the FR folder is filled , with approximately 400 covers.
EN folder contains only 20 covers , and the US too.
You will have to upload covers for your region because i can't do it for every region........

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
@spayrosam

Great job on the forwarder, I'm using it now
smile.gif

I must say, however, that sound would make it more lively. I respect your decision to keep it silent, and use similar/same sound as WiiFlow, if implemented by Hibern in the future (which I kind of doubt at this point).

I agree,
honestly I'm not satisfied ..
But i wait for Hibern, maybe give me a suggestion.
unsure.gif

QUOTE(spayrosam @ Aug 17 2009, 12:12 AM) if you want to add sound, please compress it..
smile.gif

Please do not edit the pics else you get brick..#

wav format:
Try to LZ77 compress the sound
or just change the sample rate to make 'em smaller but don't go below 8000hz if memory serves.
also Mono rather than Stereo helps.

or use BNS format
wink.gif

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oops said:
Jiiwah & Oops
are proud to present you their first animated channel

Wiiflow StarNight Channel v1.03

Starring
Code : Jiiwah - A big majority of the code were made by me thanks to Benzin.
I let you look what is not of me and where from that results !!
Graphx : Highjah & Oops - The logo was created by Highjah (A friend who does not know the scene Wii).
Everything the arrangements graph were made by Oops.
Music : Oops - Synchronization with the passage of the comet and creation of the loop.
Music Title : Le vol du condor - Les mysterieuses citee d'or. (french cartoon)

Channel
Name : Wiiflow StarNight Channel
Laste version : rev.1.03
ID : WFJO
Forwarder : [*]SD:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol [*]SD:/wiiflow/boot.dol [*]USB:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol (For a possible compatible version)[*]USB:/wiiflow/boot.dol

Blocks : 19 (28 - 9)

Greetings
bow.gif

Baordeur : Thanks for the video.
Hibern : Thanks for Wiiflow. That to say has "Magnificent" part.
To GX Team : Thanks for sharing the source of the forwarder.
To authors of Benzin and WADder : Software used to create this channel.

Maj 1.01 : fix on icon image (anti aliasing lol)
Maj 1.02 : fix dol forwarder. Change root too.
Maj 1.03 : fix bug reported by Moquedami. thanks. (Whenever i change the channels with + or - I get a random "system file damaged" error with it.)

Wiiflow StarNight Channel v1.03

icon.png

icon.png for HBC

If you like our channel, the best way of thanking us is to announce us your comments and impressions.
The negative criticisms are also expected of course, but as they are constructive.

All similarities with The MAC OS X Theme is a pure coincidence
tongue.gif
. Really
blink.gif

spayrosam@ thank you for your help . I have not found out how to compress to LZ77 but I reduced sampling.
wink.gif

Thanks Moquedami too (bug report)
wink.gif

Update first reply to rev1.03.

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everybody,

I've been using wiiflow since the first beta came out, and I have to say I absolutely love it!
But since Hibern is coming closer to his final release and asked for some critical reviews I decided to respond here.

- Before beta2 I had the problem that wiiflow took about 10 seconds to connect with my wiimote. With beta2 this problem was solved. But two weeks ago me and my girlfriend added all our wii games (51) to the harddisk and now wiiflow again takes 10 seconds to find my wiimote. Would be nice if this could again be solved
smile.gif

- I use 1024x680 covers because it looks much and much better on a bigscreen tv, but with 51 games on the harddisk it takes quite a while before all the covers are loaded. I don't know if this can be solved by making a bigger cache? Again, not a big problem, because I can wait, but it would be great if it was a little faster!

- When installing a second game through wiiflow, it says "game installed", but the progress bar works and the game installs fine. This was already mentioned by some others on here.

These were the only issues I ran into while using wiiflow, so no biggies, but just minor issues.

And while I'm at it, I have one request:
- Would it be possible to allow for even bigger resolution covers, so it would be possible to read the back of the cover. My girlfriend doesn't know all my games and likes to read the back before deciding if she likes it or not
smile.gif
Of course this should not have an effect on the loading speed, which is more important than bigger resolution.

Keep up the great work and enjoy the beautiful result you are getting at!

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
bug: (THIS HAPPENED TO ALL 1.3 and 1.4-based LOADERS, NOT JUST WiiFlow, 1.5 based ones seem fine) If WiiFlow is based off of 1.3 or 1.4, please change it to 1.5, because afte installing cIOS 14, almost all games give blank screen - 002 on OR off... I have not tried all games... yet...

before I installed cIOS 14, they worked..., after I installed cIOS 14, they were broke, after I installed 13a, they will still broke, and after I installed 13b they were STILL borke... I am now back to 14 - with almost all games except SSBB and Indiana Jones - staff of kings BROKEN!!!

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
bug: (THIS HAPPENED TO ALL 1.3 and 1.4-based LOADERS, NOT JUST WiiFlow, 1.5 based ones seem fine) If WiiFlow is based off of 1.3 or 1.4, please change it to 1.5, because afte installing cIOS 14, almost all games give blank screen - 002 on OR off... I have not tried all games... yet...

before I installed cIOS 14, they worked..., after I installed cIOS 14, they were broke, after I installed 13a, they will still broke, and after I installed 13b they were STILL borke... I am now back to 14 - with almost all games except SSBB and Indiana Jones - staff of kings BROKEN!!!

You've got another problem..... rev14 works like a dream with WiiFlow, as did all the other revs (13 of course had the restart bug). If you're having this problem with the other loaders too, I'd say it's an HDD issue, not a loader one.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
toni.belangenani said:
Hey everybody,

I've been using wiiflow since the first beta came out, and I have to say I absolutely love it!
But since Hibern is coming closer to his final release and asked for some critical reviews I decided to respond here.

- Before beta2 I had the problem that wiiflow took about 10 seconds to connect with my wiimote. With beta2 this problem was solved. But two weeks ago me and my girlfriend added all our wii games (51) to the harddisk and now wiiflow again takes 10 seconds to find my wiimote. Would be nice if this could again be solved
smile.gif

I've approximately the same amount of game , 45 for me , and my wiimote is found instantly by wiiflow.
Could someone with more than 50 games tell us if he has to wait 10 seconds for his wiimote to be synchronized ?

toni.belangenani said:
- I use 1024x680 covers because it looks much and much better on a bigscreen tv, but with 51 games on the harddisk it takes quite a while before all the covers are loaded. I don't know if this can be solved by making a bigger cache? Again, not a big problem, because I can wait, but it would be great if it was a little faster!

The next version is really really faster. it uses the new libfat for SD.
the very first time you launch the loader , it takes a long time to load the covers and build the cache (that's normal)
But then , covers loading is really impressive.
For example , when i'm in the settings , and go back to the coverflow , all my covers appear instantly , in less than 1 second.

toni.belangenani said:
- When installing a second game through wiiflow, it says "game installed", but the progress bar works and the game installs fine. This was already mentioned by some others on here.

already reported , and Hibern should solve it before the release
wink.gif

QUOTE(toni.belangenani @ Aug 18 2009, 02:47 PM)
These were the only issues I ran into while using wiiflow, so no biggies, but just minor issues.

And while I'm at it, I have one request:
- Would it be possible to allow for even bigger resolution covers, so it would be possible to read the back of the cover. My girlfriend doesn't know all my games and likes to read the back before deciding if she likes it or not
smile.gif
Of course this should not have an effect on the loading speed, which is more important than bigger resolution.
Bigger resolution than 1024x680 is useless since the wii can only display 480 max.
1024x680 is already useless , but it gives a little more results than 720x480.
And if we go to higher resolution , loading times will get too big.
ah , and on 1024x680 , i'm able to read what's written on back covers......
If you can't , it's because your covers are not good.

PS : and for the one who asked it : yes , you can set up multiple paths for downloading , localized or not , high resolution or not , wiitdb or not.
You will have the choice to get your covers from every site you want , in every available sizes.

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love this loader

but it seems to have one bug

it apears mostly when more then one wiimote is connected to the wii
... the cursor freezes in wiiflow and i have to put in and out the batteries
of my wiimote to unfreeze the cursor
any idea what it could be?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
I've approximately the same amount of game , 45 for me , and my wiimote is found instantly by wiiflow.
Could someone with more than 50 games tell us if he has to wait 10 seconds for his wiimote to be synchronized ?

90 games here and my wiimote is synched on the please wait screen , before wiiflow even loads !
yay.gif

Domi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Oops:
Great Forwarder, it looks very good. Thank you for adding the Link to SD:\WiiFlow\boot.dol.
bow.gif

There is a little clipping-error:
When the Text is rotating, the beginning and the end of it is cropped:
image1g.png

Or is this purpose to prevent another uglier bug?

QUOTE said:
Sometimes i have to wait and sometimetimes i got an allready synched Wiimote.
I have 160 games installed and i'm using cIOS38rev14.

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Domi78 said:
@Oops:
Great Forwarder, it looks very good. Thank you for adding the Link to SD:\WiiFlow\boot.dol.
bow.gif

There is a little clipping-error:
When the Text is rotating, the beginning and the end of it is cropped:
image1g.png

Or is this purpose to prevent another uglier bug?

this is not really a bug. is a 3D animation, applied to a 2D image. instruction just says to rotate image wiiflow during n rounds or frames. I do not know exactly. it is not very nice, i agree, but it's not a big deal.
unsure.gif
rolleyes.gif

And no alternative or instruction known. Sorry

QUOTE(Benjay @ Aug 18 2009, 10:53 PM) @ Oops : i've just noticed that your wiiflow logo is very similar to the coverfloader's one...

icon.png

iconthn.png

I find it very funny
biggrin.gif

Yeeees ... it is true ... But is a pure coincidence. Highajh, our graphic designer, does not even have a wii. he created this image based on the description of wiiflow by jiiwah (on phone).
blink.gif

Another coincidence
blink.gif
: I finished working on this file only 2 days with the release of the image of the theme "Mac Os X"
I have not had the courage to do it again. In addition it was too as I wanted. (color)

background of wiiflow StarNight Channel. ....Very ugly.
glare.gif
But enough for it.
tongue.gif

backgroundgok.png

original picture:

background11.png

Background of The Mac Os X theme

2a96umd.png

I find it very funny too
biggrin.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Oops said:
Yeeees ... it is true ... But is a pure coincidence. Highajh, our graphic designer, does not even have a wii. he created this image based on the description of wiiflow by jiiwah (on phone).
blink.gif

oh , i'm really sorry.
i didn't mean that you have copied it.
I was just reading the coverfloader thread yesterday and noticed that it's logo looked like yours ^^
i find this funny too ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol