Hacking Coverflow demo

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
amazing job Hibern.

------

And about the covers i don't care if it is PAL or NTSC.

The most important is, that there is a cover
wink.gif

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geedub said:
Hibern you are a genius
bow.gif

can spayrosam or someone please make a channel for the test release ? one that directs to the USB ? it would be very much appreciated ....................thanks !

as McDonald's would say ............... ' i'm loving it '

my forwarder

Points to
SD:/wiiflow/boot.dol
SD:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol

use the.cfg file

you can Points to USB:/Blabla/Blabla or SD:/Blabla/blabla
wink.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Spidy1000 said:
I'm going to collect all english covers i can find in high quality, what size do they need to be to upload to WiiTDB?

they need to be 1024x680.

BUT !!! if you upload NTSC covers in the english section , they will be deleted.
For the moment , you can't upload HQ (1024x680) covers on WiiTDB , only people who have ftp access can do it.
But i may have a discussion with Zorglub to enable HQ covers upload.

But always remember : WiiTDB want to be as much complete and correct as possible , so , english covers in english section , and NTSC covers in NTSC section.
or they will be deleted......

If you want to use NTSC covers for your PAL games , do it for your own , but don't upload covers with wrong regions on WiiTDB.
All you have to do is to put your covers in the "boxcovers" folder and delete the cache , and then restart wiiflow.

Or do like me : spend a lot of time collecting (or making) correct HQ covers from your region , before to upload them on WiiTDB and share with others.

oh and @Spidy : you can find your games id on wiitdb , hit search , type the name of the game , and you will get its ID
wink.gif

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, no problem, will stick to the correct regions. What about canadian and usa covers can those be mixed? I think they are both NTSC covers.

all covers have been rezised and converted to png, so all i need to do is rename them to the correct game id's
tongue.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yes canadian and us covers can be mixed , they are both NTSC.
it's easier for NTSC covers , cause they're not localized...
PAL covers use different languages....

Now you have the worst and longest thing to do : find correct IDs and rename all your files ^^
it took me ages for the french covers , and it's still not completely done , i still have to "do" something like 100 covers.

When you're done , contact me by PM , and i'll see how we can do to let you upload them on wiitdb.

I've sent to Hibern some links to add to wiiflow , so you are sure to get the most "beautiful" cover as possible.
it will look for the HQ cover from your region (according to the language setting of your loader).
if it dosen't find , it will look for english HQ fullcover.
if it doesn't find , it will look for 512x340 cover from your region.
if it doesn't find , it will look for english 512x340 cover.

same thing for flat covers
wink.gif

It will be added to wiiflow soon
wink.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
For the PAL people who don't care about the cover's language , you can use my french HQ covers to see how it looks with them.

2 ways :

- the first : set the language of wiiflow to french , and download covers.

- the second : open wiiflow.ini with a text editor , look for the covers links , and replace {loc} with FR

You will still have some missing HQ covers , because i still don't have finished to collect all of them.

oh , and try with my theme if you use HQ covers
wink.gif

@pepxl : don't want to speak in the name of Hibern , but i think you can plan on 1 week max.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after a little more testing ive found that all my games (50 approx.) load on default settings apart from:-

WII MUSIC (pal)

I tried region changing vidpatching etc with no effect. Simply stops on the "Please Wait" screen.

My wii is pal for reference.

Only 1 other issue found so far, when i clicked on the "ALT Dol" option in the individual game settings menu (Wii Music), wiiflow froze completely. Had to pull the power cable out to reset.

Anyways Ill continue testing
tongue.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wii music (pal) works like a charm for me on my pal wii , with default settings.

and nothing happens when i clik on alt-dol in individual settings of wiimusic.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah sorry spayrosam
wacko.gif
, whats the best / easiest way to add music to a wad ? i tried and i failed lol

sorry i know this is off topic

Benjay said:
Wii music (pal) works like a charm for me on my pal wii , with default settings.

and nothing happens when i clik on alt-dol in individual settings of wiimusic.

yeah same here no probs

patrick9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Benjay said:
For the PAL people who don't care about the cover's language , you can use my french HQ covers to see how it looks with them.

2 ways :

- the first : set the language of wiiflow to french , and download covers.

- the second : open wiiflow.ini with a text editor , look for the covers links , and replace {loc} with FR

You will still have some missing HQ covers , because i still don't have finished to collect all of them.

oh , and try with my theme if you use HQ covers
wink.gif

@pepxl : don't want to speak in the name of Hibern , but i think you can plan on 1 week max.

i find this link : http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/art/wii/

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too many messages on gbatemp.
Please, send your feedback and questions by email.
The problem with downloading titles will be fixed a little later, because there might be a little change in wiitdb, not sure right now.

m00k said:
after a little more testing ive found that all my games (50 approx.) load on default settings apart from:-

WII MUSIC (pal)

I tried region changing vidpatching etc with no effect. Simply stops on the "Please Wait" screen.

My wii is pal for reference.

Only 1 other issue found so far, when i clicked on the "ALT Dol" option in the individual game settings menu (Wii Music), wiiflow froze completely. Had to pull the power cable out to reset.

Anyways Ill continue testing
tongue.gif

Try it in another loader, should hang too with same IOS at least.
If it hangs when you launch a game it's normal that it hangs when you change dol, although i could have done it a different way.
Happened to me too with several games, had to re-dump.
I think i have bad sectors on my HDD. Might be the same for you.

patrick9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Perhaps we can use IRC :

With Xchat or Mirc :
serveur : irc.gbatemp.net
port : 5190
channel : #wiiflow

or with java applet :

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=62

after joining #gbatemp.net channel
write : /j #wiiflow

ps: if you have home web server, i have write a little php script to download on differents servers ( wiitdb, wiiboxart, muntrue, gateflorida )
working fine here with 283 games = 283 fullcovers ( 512*340 )

ps: where can i find link for full HQ covers please
tongue.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Greatly enjoying testing the latest version. Awesome work Hibernatus, with so many more options
wink.gif

There should be no reason for anyone not to use this nice loader.

Will send my full feedback soon, once I spend some more time on it, but the new version is totally amazing and well worth the wait. I also havent been able to break it yet.

@Theme designers - Get in contact with Hibernatus, for your chance to have your themes included with the next release, as there are a few minor changes that will be required for the full effect and it would be nice to have a few more fully compatable themes.

Although I'll probably end up reverting to the default theme which is my favourite so far.

@benjay, I will scan and upload a few of the PAL English full covers for upload.

I tested the usual download all/missing covers and overwrote of the few real covers I'd scanned with the homemade versions that are included on the boxart websites. e.g Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3 corruption. Please note this is not a limitation specific to WiiFlow but the boxart websites.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool Cool, I shall have a mess round with wii music again this evening. Ill email you all future feedback to save you from all the scrawl on this thread
smile.gif

EDIT
Finished work so got a chance to rerip Wii Music, now works fine with everything set to default, as you say, probably some dodgy sectors from a bad rip previously.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
-pb- said:
Hi,

i am unable to compile the source, have the latest rev937 and libogc of 22/08

fails in grrlib.c

any hits?

thanks!

thats for a different loader "CoverFloader" this thread is for "WiiFlow"