Hacking Coverflow demo

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry everyone, wasn't trying to be a dick or anything like that, and I was certainly not trying to put the pressure on Hibern. This loader is amazing, and most likely so because not only is Hibern a talented coder, but he took his time as well.

I was just trying to get a status update thats all. I had noticed that this thread had slipped to the second page so I figured what the hell, I might as well ask some questions to at least get it back on the front page. This loader deserves a ton of attention, so the longer its on the first page, the better.

Keep up the good work Hibern. Good for you to have so many people to jump to your defense, even at the asking of a question or 2.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
eXy said:
Hi
This is my first theme experiment for this loader.
2rntoba.png

what do you think of it? I must try it in action yet, cause it's not so easy to set up theme.ini in deep but this is how gui parts should appear

Every suggestion is welcome
rolleyes.gif

good stuff

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
benjnselinay said:
eXy said:
Hi
This is my first theme experiment for this loader.
2rntoba.png

what do you think of it? I must try it in action yet, cause it's not so easy to set up theme.ini in deep but this is how gui parts should appear

Every suggestion is welcome
rolleyes.gif

Good stuff !! but , there is a problem.
With the red color on top of your background.
Hibern has done something : covers that are not highlight , you can see through them.....
so we're gonna see your red through covers on left and right....
The background of the main window (with covers) , must stay black in the half top , just try your background and you will see what i mean
wink.gif

idem for your icons on bottom , they must be "alone" one by one , cause there are effects on them when you clik on , and it will be difficult in your case to get a good result with this kind of icons
wink.gif

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
moloko said:
very good work thanks
smile.gif

i hope the next revision will look like this (specialy for load game)
wink.gif

IMP thats not important as the disc arts are consistant - some have original scans whil others are homemade

eXy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
benjnselinay said:
Good stuff !! but , there is a problem.
With the red color on top of your background.
Hibern has done something : covers that are not highlight , you can see through them.....
so we're gonna see your red through covers on left and right....
The background of the main window (with covers) , must stay black in the half top , just try your background and you will see what i mean
wink.gif

idem for your icons on bottom , they must be "alone" one by one , cause there are effects on them when you clik on , and it will be difficult in your case to get a good result with this kind of icons
wink.gif

Thank you
I know side covers are trasparent so you can see background through them, but I like the effect of red sunset at the orizon.
about bottom icons, i think I can find values in the theme.ini to make them to appear as a wole bar, I'm working on it.

Here it is a first beta
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydmmhyzzue5
there is a lot of work to do to make it complete, but I think it's a good start
2rntoba.png

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
eXy said:
about bottom icons, i think I can find values in the theme.ini to make them to appear as a wole bar, I'm working on it.

making them appear as a whole bar isn't difficult , just cut your bar in 4 parts , assign each part to an icon , look in the theme.ini in [main] section , you will find sections named [main/info] , [main/quit] , [main/favorites] and [main/config].
In this section you can define the position of each icon on screen (x and y values) , change them to put the 4 icons sticked together.

The problem is when you clik on an icon , it does an effect on it (some kind of repetition and zoom in) , and it may do strange things with parts of your bar.
and i'm not sure this effect can be changed in theme.ini (wish i'm wrong).

EDIT : useless post since i didn't download your theme , and now i can see that's what you've done for icons (cutting the bar in 4 parts ) ^^
good stuff , really clean
wink.gif

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As a sign of respect for this great loader (honestly, the iTunes' coverflow looks cheap compared to this..
biggrin.gif
) , I've been making my own skin. I think it's pretty much ready for a release. Most likely tommorrow. Dunno about others but I like it. Opinions, loves, hates, suggestions, all welcome. Here's how it looks:
msnfa8.png

With button style looking like this:
2h3o5lx.png

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
roku93 said:
As a sign of respect for this great loader (honestly, the iTunes' coverflow looks cheap compared to this..
biggrin.gif
) , I've been making my own skin. I think it's pretty much ready for a release. Most likely tommorrow. Dunno about others but I like it. Opinions, loves, hates, suggestions, all welcome. Here's how it looks:
msnfa8.png

2h3o5lx.png

looks kinda sexy ^^

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
so is it my turn to release a theme for this loader
wink.gif

here it is : http://benjay.free.fr/theme.rar

unrar to usb-loader folder on your SD.

this is a preview :

previewasn.png

In the middle of picture are examples of buttons you will find in , and the font that i used.
All icons become blue when mouse over , except favorites (turn in yellow) , and parental (turn in red).
It's a full theme , everything is modified.
Coverflow adjsutement has been changed too (more zoom on the actual game , and various angles changed).
there is only one font that need to be modified but i didn't figure how...
I sent a PM to hibern , he will have a look to the problem , and tell me what to do.
So i will certainly post a revision in a few days , with this font modified
wink.gif

please , give some feedbacks
wink.gif
and enjoy ^^

EDIT : if anyone can make a little video of my theme in action on a wii (not possible for me) and post it here , i will love him forever ^^

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
roku93 said:
biggrin.gif
msnfa8.png

2h3o5lx.png

on the right, power sign i thought it exits and not shut down so maybe you can chage that. Maybe on the top left or right you can the wii logo

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
benjnselinay said:
previewasn.png

EDIT : if anyone can make a little video of my theme in action on a wii (not possible for me) and post it here , i will love him forever ^^
Looks well though i think the wiiflow should be a little smaller , but thats just me.
also , how come you assume it will be a HIM that will make a little video , or is that man love just something you do anyway
tongue.gif
?

mverason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
biggrin.gif
msnfa8.png

2h3o5lx.png

Can't wait! The loader looks nice, but having multiple choices of skins would be better and of course not to mention having updates to the loader.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
smashing all bugs and improving sd read speed would be even better than that!

I am going to chase after hibern until he gives up the source, then will arm myself with fly swatter (and raid
biggrin.gif
)
After waiting as long as we did and we received such a gorgeous first test release, I respect hibern fully with the time he takes. I can just imagine what the next build can bring.
wub.gif

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benjnselinay said:

Oh Boy Oh Boy,, You Love Me LONG TIME!

Nice theme.. Im impressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back