Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a little question
biggrin.gif

how to compile it by myself?

if you down load the source there are do folders, each of them have a makefile oö
which one i have to use

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mooseknuckle2000 said:
but no menu corruption or anything?

Menu corruption has nothing to do with what version of cIOS you're using. It happens because the program runs out of available memory. It'll happen with RC4 no matter what if you have above a certain number of covers (over 70 in 3d, over 300-something in 2d). In newer revisions that are not publicly available at this time, they're working on that, so the next RC should have it improved or maybe even fixed entirely. Until then, deal with the corruption,or switch back to 2d covers.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Fixed the swapped 2D/3D Download in r488.

Anyone have time to compile test the build out of svn? If r488 works well; I'll update the RC4 download and post a new dol...

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2d/3d covers working for me and cover download now too (in rc4 it downloaded 2d covers in 3d mode, but now it works)

i dont have a game atm to install to test it sry

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In RC5's preview, I'm still having the issue I mentioned where the wrong covers are being displayed at times in 3d mode. I've got like 85 games installed though, so it might be a memory issue. The cursor corruption appears to be fixed, but I'm getting another issue that I haven't seen in a while, where part of the cover image for a few games is obscured by what looks like 'snow' on a TV with no signal. I assume that's again an out of memory-type issue, because when I scroll to the opposite side of the list and then back, it's fixed.

I mentioned this earlier, but if you end up not being able to optimize better to have more memory available in 3d covers mode, then I'd suggest a third mode that keeps the 3d boxes and the front and side, but disables loading the back cover and the flipping of the box. I'd assume (maybe incorrectly?) that this would allow for double the amount of games?

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
but no menu corruption or anything?

Menu corruption has nothing to do with what version of cIOS you're using. It happens because the program runs out of available memory. It'll happen with RC4 no matter what if you have above a certain number of covers (over 70 in 3d, over 300-something in 2d). In newer revisions that are not publicly available at this time, they're working on that, so the next RC should have it improved or maybe even fixed entirely. Until then, deal with the corruption,or switch back to 2d covers.
afaik, there were issues with the menu corrupting when using rev 9, but everything was fixed when using rev 10. I know about the other memory/programming corruption, but I just wanted to be sure the cios wouldn't affect it again before I install rev 12.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pointer corruption is fixed in RC5, but I have major corruption and snow all over the screen with this version (appeared after about 10 seconds of scrolling), while in 3d cover mode.

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
ChronoX_ said:
since RC4 I have problems with this loader, let me show you what I get (in RC5) when I turn on 3D:

imag0023s.jpg

Have the same issue here.

In addition, I'm really missing the simple information of the available space remaining on the WBFS partition. That feature was included in Wanikoko's original loader but it's absent here (or at least I can't find it anywhere). Hope to see it in the next release.

Keep up the great work.

NyNe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the double post, but this is unrelated to my last post

i personally find the 'manual covers' method to be much more reliable
and for those curious, a complete manual setup with all the covers/disks/3dcovers takes up about 320 mb on the sd card (if you have a 1 gig or more this should not be a problem)

calisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works fine her m8, on 2d & 3d covers, just one thing, it did not download some covers, e.g The Simpsons, Ice Age 2, Wii Music & Punch Out & a few others.

Lovely Loader though, keep up the good work

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I truly love the 3D covers but unfortunately I'm having a lot of problems since RC4 (just around 30 games installed)

RC4 was very unstable, often crashing (back to HBC, no codedumps) during loading. Moving the wiimote during loading (up to the point where all covers are fully loaded) seems to make it worse.

Now with RC5 I still get random crashes and I've also had the 'snow patterns'. Never had those until this release.

2D covers is working fine, I haven't tested downloading of covers.

Hope you guys can fix the problems, when it's working it's very nice to use.

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only problem is ....when 3D covers are activated ....the framerate seems to slow down sometimes because the loader loads the covers

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
love the loader its the best, but still some small issues as have been mentioned.

only 'problems' i have are:

1. i get white snow on my screen with black background but not with white.

2. cant get the cover for Guitar Hero World Tour

3. cant get the cover for Ghost Squad

but really, this is fantastic. i love it. it works. it looks great. nuf sed.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    xdarkmario @ xdarkmario: main page is saying An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later. maintenance?