djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bdpna said:
I'm getting a code dump on every title thru RC3 unfortunately. USB Loader is working like a charm. No idea what might be different here. I loaded both loader apps from inside Homebrew Channel (not via a forwarding channel).
The only difference may be I have a chipped Wii though I still ran all the standard software hacks/exploits anyway.

Love the look of this loader, just sad I can't use it.

If a photo/screenshot of the code dump would be helpful, I can post/email it.

Have you tried running RC3 with an empty covers folder ?
Im not sure if it makes a difference , but i found re-downloading the covers on Rc2 made a big difference.
Also i get code dumps when i dont have a drive connected , but that may be a bit too obvious

bdpna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had gone back to RC2 which is rock solid, but I'll give the RC3 refresh that was just released a try, hopefully that bugfix around the covers will catch it. If not, I'm sure it will be worked out soon enough.

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok... 285 games... no problem at all with rc3 update.... everything works as it should... i am even running it thru a forwarder with no problems what so ever... thanks much blackbird!!!

alderaan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I didnt read through the 65 pages. but I just downloaded rc3 and I downloaded the covers using the built in downloader and it didnt work, my games still dont display, and when I try to open the png files on my comp I cant...

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alderaan34 said:
Sorry I didnt read through the 65 pages. but I just downloaded rc3 and I downloaded the covers using the built in downloader and it didnt work, my games still dont display, and when I try to open the png files on my comp I cant...

A few posts back I mentioned image errors. Have you tried deleteing all cover art from the mem card, and then do a fresh download of all your images?

Sounds like a simple answer, but I swear it worked for me.

As for your PC not reading PNG files...thats just odd

lowtolerance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed Coverfloader RC3 last night, and everything appeared to be working fine, other than the disc covers not loading correctly. Not sure if that was an issue with theotherzone or not, but I was able to install them manually. After that, however, I haven't been able to get it to run any games, no matter what setting. I've yet to try deleting the images to see what happens, but since that's the only thing that changed then maybe that's the problem?

alderaan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rutny said:
alderaan34 said:

A few posts back I mentioned image errors. Have you tried deleteing all cover art from the mem card, and then do a fresh download of all your images?

I found out why it wasnt reading them, the png files were one 1kb, I tried deleting and redownloading them several times, but it doesnt matter I gave up on this software after my wii crashed several times trying to load my games...It looks cool, but I would rather have something that works right...

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
alderaan34 said:
rutny said:
alderaan34 said:

I found out why it wasnt reading them, the png files were one 1kb, I tried deleting and redownloading them several times, but it doesnt matter I gave up on this software after my wii crashed several times trying to load my games...It looks cool, but I would rather have something that works right...
Are you using RC3 update? Games should no longer crash on launch. The 1k covers sounds like a network problem...
These loaders don't just work perfectly over night, you know. Some people will have problems using release candidates - that's what they are for.
Quality bug reports are the best way you can help - but only if you want to
smile.gif
I'm encouraged by how few bugs we have....

alderaan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
alderaan34 said:
rutny said:
alderaan34 said:

Are you using RC3 update? Games should no longer crash on launch. The 1k covers sounds like a network problem...
These loaders don't just work perfectly over night, you know. Some people will have problems using release candidates - that's what they are for.
smile.gif

I am using the rc3 update. The thing is the disk covers downloaded just fine, and displayed, but the covers didnt display, I even tried making the myself, to the 160X160 png files but they still didnt display. Like I said I like the technology, its really awesome, but I just cant troubleshoot it to get it to work. The game, I tried reloading it several times, and it worked just fine with the other loader I was using, but with this one it crashed every time i loaded the game

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
alderaan34 said:
fishears said:
alderaan34 said:
rutny said:
alderaan34 said:

smile.gif

I am using the rc3 update. The thing is the disk covers downloaded just fine, and displayed, but the covers didnt display, I even tried making the myself, to the 160X160 png files but they still didnt display. Like I said I like the technology, its really awesome, but I just cant troubleshoot it to get it to work. The game, I tried reloading it several times, and it worked just fine with the other loader I was using, but with this one it crashed every time i loaded the game

im pretty sure its 160x224

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow. RC3 looks great. Everything has worked perfectly for me thus far. BTW Nullkill, if Hibern isn't going to release his soon, you should definitely unlock your 3D covers
wink.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Leeuwtje said:
QUOTE said:
im pretty sure its 160x224

i think he is talking bout the discimages that are 160x160

but he says the "disk covers" work fine - then says he tried to make the "covers" that didn't work 160x160
disks are 160x160 and covers are 160x224

In any case, delete the usb-loader folder from the root of your sd card, run this loader again - it will create the required files/folders then you should try the download function. But only if you want to
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also make sure your network connection is working ok before you try it.
If you want to Pm me your public IP i can check on the Boxart website to see if its showing any errors for you and see if there are issues with you trying to download anything.

Guys , i also have a suggestion for you.
I blocked off people directly linking to the site as i wanted everyone to go to the main page first and browse from there , but i have just reopened the requests page because i had an idea.

Loaders can submit missing covers to the boxart site as they find them.
If a loader tries to download a cover and fails , would it be possible to link the loader to this type of link ...

Boxart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={GAMENAME}&id={GAME ID- 6 digits}&region={REGION}&discart=no
Discart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={GAMENAME}&id={GAME ID- 4 digits}&region={REGION}&discart=yes
3d Boxart
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name={GAMENAME}&id={GAME ID - 6 Digits}&region={REGION}&discart=3d

Example :
www.theotherzone.com/wii/requests.php?name=Impossible+Mission&id=RIMPGM&region=pal&discart=no

The links above would auto place a request onto the site for the missing covers / discs and 3d art and make it more efficient for everyone to get anything missing going forward.

EdgeJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I'm completely new to the homebrew thing. Only just installed the channel this afternoon.

I've got the CoverFlow app on my Wii, but it's not working, I think it's because I haven't got cIOS 10 installed

How do I install that?

Bearing in mind that I'm on 4.0E on my Wii, and homebrew channel 1.4 if that helps.

EDIT: Dammit it's posted three times! Stupid slow internet

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to get the cIOS from waninkoko - do a google for cIOS rev10 and you should find it easy enough - then put it into apps/cios/ and name it boot.dol
then run it from homebrew and choose network install - the wad install is faster and handier , but ut means looking for extra files

also - wrong place to post this , use the noob thread

one last thing - edit your posts to just say double post

EdgeJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
You need to get the cIOS from waninkoko - do a google for cIOS rev10 and you should find it easy enough - then put it into apps/cios/ and name it boot.dol
then run it from homebrew and choose network install - the wad install is faster and handier , but ut means looking for extra files

also - wrong place to post this , use the noob thread

one last thing - edit your posts to just say double post

Ok, I've just tried that, but I got a 2011 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog