Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
afour98 said:
kedest said:
I have the RC1 crash too. first the progress bar displays ok, but when it's full, there is a code dump for a few seconds. then the screen goes black and possibly the most annoying sound in the world comes out of the speakers.

Do you have a Gamecube controller plugged in? If so, unplug it... if it still doesn't work, please create an issue on the google code site: http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/issues/list

Thanks for your support!

thanks, that was indeed the problem

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, great loader!!! I'm getting a problem where if I drag the slider a big yellow line appears on the background about halfway through the game list (80 games in total installed). Anyone else getting this?

Cheers

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Bawal said:
...just a short question:
Is there a significant reason why this (really cool & fast!) USBLoader will result in DSI-Dump when
using cIOS249 rev9? I know it needs rev10...but why? I would like to skip rev10 (please no discussion about
their revisions!)...I'm able to compile your source code by myself...is somebody able to give me a hint whether it's possible
with rev9 and which part of the source code needs special attention?
No big deal if not...hope official rev11 will come soon... keep going!

Why don't you just install rev 10 like we ask? I don't understand your objection. If you want it to run with rev 9 well, the source is there for you. Good luck.

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please just ignore these pussies who bitch about rev's all the time.
they are just trying to piss you off.
as he said, if you are too scared to install rev10, build a loader yourself that use rev9 instead of 10.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is probably a stupid question but here goes

I know you can't access other USB devices while using any wanin cIOS at the moment, but can you access non WBFS partitions on the same drive? It would be cool if I could load this and have it access all its files off of my FAT32 partition instead of an SD card.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
cwstjdenobs said:
This is probably a stupid question but here goes

I know you can't access other USB devices while using any wanin cIOS at the moment, but can you access non WBFS partitions on the same drive? It would be cool if I could load this and have it access all its files off of my FAT32 partition instead of an SD card.

that is possible yes. there is another loader that does exactly that: it will store downloaded covers on a fat hdd partition

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
Bawal said:
...just a short question:
Is there a significant reason why this (really cool & fast!) USBLoader will result in DSI-Dump when
using cIOS249 rev9? I know it needs rev10...but why? I would like to skip rev10 (please no discussion about
their revisions!)...I'm able to compile your source code by myself...is somebody able to give me a hint whether it's possible
with rev9 and which part of the source code needs special attention?
No big deal if not...hope official rev11 will come soon... keep going!

Why don't you just install rev 10 like we ask? I don't understand your objection. If you want it to run with rev 9 well, the source is there for you. Good luck.
I take it that it would have been really, really, REALLY hard for you to offer some constructive input, as opposed to simply repeating what he's already said? He KNOWS the source code is available. HE SAYS SO. He also said he doesn't care to discuss the matter of installing rev10. He simply asked for information on compiling it with rev9. If you don't want to offer any information relating to his query, why not just remain silent instead of offering your "fuck off...if you want rev9 go fucking do it yourself" attitude?

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, can you define "stable"? I'm not a coder and was just wondering, especially if the following is still in the source code:

//calling this fixes the fuked up graphics when you load
//too many covers, but it causes a code dump eventually... HELP

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
BTW, can you define "stable"? I'm not a coder and was just wondering, especially if the following is still in the source code:

//calling this fixes the fuked up graphics when you load
//too many covers, but it causes a code dump eventually... HELP

LOL at that comment; yeah you are right... random comments can keep a build from being stable.

That comment was old and prior to the new buffer fix by gc@blackbird. About absolute last on my list is to go through the code and clean comments.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pegasos123 said:
when will the white theme will be implanted???

but by the way this is so far the best loader of all
smile.gif

i am happy with it

Try out the just released RC1 Update 1
http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/down...-RC1update1.zip

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Installing to Preloader
1) If preloader is installed, copy CoverFlow.dol to root of SD Card
2) Load preloader and Install CoverFlow.dol
3) Run from preloader, or set to auto boot on start up
does this actually copy anything to the Wii? or do we still need the SDcard in for it to work?

I would love for this to run from the HDD (fat32)
Any plans for that yet?

EDIT:
Ok.. i put the .dol into the apps/usb-loader folder, deleted everything else..
started it up with a forwarder.. all good..
set it to download all covers..
when it finished that, half the backgroud was pink, half was black, and the Wii rebooted..
now it loads to half pink/black screen and reboots the Wii..
If i start it from HBC it loads about 2/3 then exits back to HBC.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
dancemonkey said:
Hi, great loader!!! I'm getting a problem where if I drag the slider a big yellow line appears on the background about halfway through the game list (80 games in total installed). Anyone else getting this?

Cheers

Ok worked out what was wrong. One bad cover.

@Sledge1
Bad cover came out Pink on this new release for me so might be bad covers causing your problem mate.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
But they are all fresh downloaded by the loader itself...
Edit:
I checked and there was 1 cover that was 1kb.. i replaced that manually, but still no go...
the furthest i can get is loading it up but when the covers are displayed, it freezes and then exits to where i started it from..
though after replacing the bad cover the screen isn't half pink now..

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Sledge1 said:
But they are all fresh downloaded by the loader itself...
Edit:
I checked and there was 1 cover that was 1kb.. i replaced that manually, but still no go...
the furthest i can get is loading it up but when the covers are displayed, it freezes and then exits to where i started it from..
If you delete the covers does it start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.