Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

niksteve70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the path is correct for the covers in your ini and make sure that the filetype is correct like .bin|.zip|.md etc..

Post a .ini for your plugin so it can be reviewed if you'd like.

Here's my .ini I changed the folder in the boxcover folder to genplusgx (i had it named genplus) but still no luck, even set wiiflow to this plugin.

[PLUGIN]
displayname=Sega Genesis
magic=53454761
coverfolder=genplusgx
dolfile=genplusgx-mod7.dol
romdir=genplus/roms/MD
filetypes=.gen|.md|.zip|.bin
consolecoverid=sega
covercolor=000000
bannersound=Sega_Genesis.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Press the Home button and hit Reload Cache ( :lol: - easy to miss though!) Not sure it'll work though, more likely in my opinion would've been you selecting the RA version of genplus instead :)

niksteve70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press the Home button and hit Reload Cache ( :lol: - easy to miss though!) Not sure it'll work though, more likely in my opinion would've been you selecting the RA version of genplus instead :)

Ok i reloaded the cache still nothing, I even did both of the Sega Genesis plugin including the retroarch and the normal one, still not sure what to do

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i reloaded the cache still nothing, I even did both of the Sega Genesis plugin including the retroarch and the normal one, still not sure what to do
check the filenames of the folders and .ini to make sure there are no spaces where there shouldn't be, can't tell you how many times I've seen that happen. Also which version of WiiFlow are u using?

niksteve70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the filenames of the folders and .ini to make sure there are no spaces where there shouldn't be, can't tell you how many times I've seen that happen. Also which version of WiiFlow are u using?

Im using Wiiflow beta 4.2.1 - r1056, I didn't see any unnecessary space especially in the roms since I have about every genesis game in the roms folder. My genplus-gx folder on my SD card is called genplus but the boxcover folder is called genplusgx which the .ini said the boxcover folder should be named but I thought it was odd since they wouldn't be named the same thing.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Im using Wiiflow beta 4.2.1 - r1056, I didn't see any unnecessary space especially in the roms since I have about every genesis game in the roms folder. My genplus-gx folder on my SD card is called genplus but the boxcover folder is called genplusgx which the .ini said the boxcover folder should be named but I thought it was odd since they wouldn't be named the same thing.
You can name your cover folder whatever you want as long as the ini reflects it. Just make sure that that the covers are actually in USB1:/wiiflow/boxcovers/genplusgx and your roms are in USB1:/genplus/roms/md Are you using a source_menu.ini? If you are for now I would disable it until you can get just your plugins working by themselves. Keep at it, it should definitely work, there's something simple we're not seeing.

EDIT: Silly but try to remove any capitals from your folder names and I meant "spaces" in your folder names not rom names, but can't hurt to check both lol.

niksteve70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can name your cover folder whatever you want as long as the ini reflects it. Just make sure that that the covers are actually in USB1:/wiiflow/boxcovers/genplusgx and your roms are in USB1:/genplus/roms/md Are you using a source_menu.ini? If you are for now I would disable it until you can get just your plugins working by themselves. Keep at it, it should definitely work, there's something simple we're not seeing.

EDIT: Silly but try to remove any capitals from your folder names and I meant "spaces" in your folder names not rom names, but can't hurt to check both lol.

I finally got it to work, turns out I had the path manager set to the genplusgx folder in the boxcovers folder instead of having path manager set to the entire boxcovers folder. Anyway thanks for your help

Reactions: MassiveRican

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Wiimpathy
I've tested the new jaguar plugin and it works fine.
I've also made some edits to the masterpack to include it on the last page, I'll contact Abz via PM later to see if he can make this official in the pack
spb3pj.jpg

2yxkojb.jpg

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, that's nice WiiFreasko.

Regarding mame retroarch, I suppose it should work as a plugin. It's just a test since it doesn't have all drivers. Ideally, it should be compile only with the drivers we need : the games not compatible in fba and the ones that work better than in mame-wii/fba. Then, we could combine the plugins in Wiiflow.
That's why I asked if someone knows which games aren't supported in fba. Anyway, maybe retroarch's authors will take care of that someday.

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thanks for all the info Wiimpathy.
Abz agreed to update the pack and updated the website already, the full pack will be up in a few hours he said
Looking forward for the new mame dol, keep'em coming and thanks again

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimpathy Sir, I seek your knowledge in plugin modification. Currently, when we launch a PS1 game, we are taken to the WiiSX GUI where we sometimes must tweak certain settings in order to get different games to work. I'm not holding my breath for individual game settings from within Wiiflow, so I've a request to ask of you.

Would it be possible to create different mods of WiiSX, each with different configurations, and each writing to a different folder. That way, we could group all the games that run under a specific setting combination, and combine all these into a single plugin, allowing us to auto launch games more easily.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't hurt to share what you've worked so hard on with the world bud. Why not upload em and let MS decide if he'll put it in as another Alt pack or something. Either way I'll d/load 'em and if I like others I'll definitely switch em up.

Reet then, here's a download link for most of my SNES covers, split into 3 categories: SFC, PAL, and Other
44 in SFC
48 in PAL
3 in Other

I have made more but Toddy has since created his own versions so haven't uploaded those - well, actually I've not gone through the list with a fine comb.... the Shin Megami Tensai covers I did aren't in for a start, but others may be.
PAL: There's a split in here - some are simply PAL versions of games mastershoes has got US ones for, others are new. Personally I prefer the PAL style, and perhaps a few more tempers do.
Other? That's 2 Mario World hacks and a cover for the translated, modified, BS Zelda 1 remake....

Download Link

I'm most likely gonna be doing more of both PAL & SFC games, and certainly thinking of redoing a couple of the horizontal SFC covers in there into my custom cover style, but won't release until there's a good 50 or so done.
mastershoes: You're welcome to do whatever you like with these pal! I know some aren't that good, and the style doesn't follow what you usually post, but you can add any or all as you see fit, and if you or toddofwar want to edit any, or make US versions, be my guest as always! ;)

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was waiting for the contribution of SNES back covers, but as no one helped!!! I sent for Mastershoes the covers that i did based on a list of hicandturkey.

Reactions: hicandturkey

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 05-20-14: Figured since I had added a few unsupported cover sets recently, that I might as well add the Neo-Geo CD set from TCP that I've had for what seems like forever. Thatisall.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiimpathy Sir, I seek your knowledge in plugin modification. Currently, when we launch a PS1 game, we are taken to the WiiSX GUI where we sometimes must tweak certain settings in order to get different games to work. I'm not holding my breath for individual game settings from within Wiiflow, so I've a request to ask of you.

Would it be possible to create different mods of WiiSX, each with different configurations, and each writing to a different folder. That way, we could group all the games that run under a specific setting combination, and combine all these into a single plugin, allowing us to auto launch games more easily.
It'd be possible for sure. But i've never tried this plugin before because the games I wanted to play are unplayable (Crash team racing and Oddworld). So I don't feel like doing this one.
However, I can give you a few hints if you want to try since I quickly looked at the code.

The compiling part shouldn't be too hard, assuming you already have Devkitpro/libogc installed. With TortoiseSVN for ex., you grab the source code from here : http://open-wiiflow-mod.googlecode.com/svn/branches/Plugins/wiisx
Then, open Makefile_Wii and "make".

For different config, a simple solution would be to have several settings.cfg files(settings1.cfg,settings2.cfg,etc.). In the code this file is read in GamecubeMain.cpp, and written in SettingsFrame.cpp.
What you have to do is changing all the references, specifically the "fopen(...)" lines. For example: fopen( "usb:/wiisx/settings2.cfg", "r" );
A smarter way would be to pass the settings files with Wiiflow's arguments. But the above solution should be enough.

Another tip you may already know. When you have a big source code with lot of files, and look for a word(here "settings.cfg"). A useful command in Window is : findstr /snip /C:"word" *
For linux which I use more often, it could be : grep -irl "word" .
That's all. If you have specific questions, I'll try to answer...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What do you mean I've known you since today