Homebrew Could you build 3DS Homebrew on Android OS?

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a PC, and there's an application called AIDE which you can import libraries I believe. Is it possible or do you absolutely have to use devkitPro?

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a PC, and there's an application called AIDE which you can import libraries I believe. Is it possible or do you absolutely have to use devkitPro?
It MAY be possible, but I can't say for certain...

Last edited by UltraArceus3,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
how about you buy a cheap laptop/notebook/netbook? using a physical keyboard would be a thousand times more comfortable and efficient, and you don't need much power for writing code anyway.

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about you buy a cheap laptop/notebook/netbook? using a physical keyboard would be a thousand times more comfortable and efficient, and you don't need much power for writing code anyway.
I have a Chromebook but it's school property so it obviously violates the rules to enter developer mode. And my family has low income, we couldn't possibly afford a PC.

Also, I have a tablet as well for the comfortability issue, but it wouldn't bother me either way :ha:

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
my family has low income, we couldn't possibly afford a PC.
there are netbooks on Amazon for as low as $68. are you sure you can't afford even that?
also, you could save up some money over time, if you can't buy it right now.

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theoretically, yes. Needs a text editor and a linux sandbox environment with access to your project. you could A- Compile the compilers in for ARM runtime (if available), B- try something like a virtual machine (qemu?) which will probably be slow as hell, but it might do the job.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not even sure if gcc or sed are available for Android, which are both needed for compilation.
gcc is part of devkitARM (which he will need anyway), but he will still need it to compile devkitARM though. Not an issue, there are terminal emulators on Play Store, some of which have a full toolchain included.
You do need devkitARM at the very least. I believe it's open source, so compiling it for an Android device shouldn't be too hard. It will take a long time though.

TarableCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aside from a long compilation time (18hrs) even a Raspberry Pi 1 will run devkitARM just fine if that's an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?