Could someone compile A9LH for me?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DrakeLyon, Feb 26, 2016.

1. DrakeLyon
    OP

DrakeLyon Console Perfectionist

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    I know the members of GBAtemp are probably getting tired of seeing these posts, so I must deeply apologize for being another possible inconvenience for the many eyes that have to deal with it. I desperately need somebody to compile A9LH for me, I'll have my OTP.bin attached to this post. I would attempt to compile it myself, but since I'm limited to only a 2G connection I can't possibly be able to obtain the files needed to make it happen. I did what I could to obtain my OTP.bin, and that was difficult enough for me considering my situation :/
    Could someone please help me? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

Attached Files:

• OTP.zip
      File size:
      368 bytes
      Views:
  2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Edit: I'll delete it here and PM it to you if you haven't gotten it already. I have an odd feeling someone's going to download it and try to use it on their system.

Last edited by gunner007, Feb 26, 2016
    DrakeLyon likes this.
  3. DarkKaine

DarkKaine GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    Compiled it myself with OP's OTP. Same hash. Good luck :)

DrakeLyon and gunner007 like this.
  4. gunner007

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    All good then. Knowing the temp, someone's going to download that and run it :(

DrakeLyon likes this.
  5. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    Thank you @gunner007, I've got it downloaded. You're a life saver :) and thank you @DarkKaine for comparing the hash.
    I can't thank you guys enough

6. gunner007

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    No problem, good luck and let us know if everything's working.

DrakeLyon likes this.
  7. Newest Nick Team

Newest Nick Team GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2014
    United States
    You don't wanna know. :P
    Anyway, is there a thread that I can request a build for my own OTP? Yes, I just got my OTP.

When I try to build it, it says (Yes, I followed everything on the tutorial):

python:Command not found

So anyway, if it's okay, I'll post it here for you to compile it and give to me (DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT AND USE THIS FOR YOUR INSTALLER FOR YOUR OWN USE. THIS WILL BRICK YOUR SYSTEM): https://mega.nz/#!N5IyHLQT!ttFAPyZ5vIUBW9p6FY1eKyqSlgajKkX7eyNIcZL4mOc

8. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    I will. I'm still quite new to this level of hacking, so I need all the luck I can get lol. Luck got me this far

9. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Sigh... This.
    What do you all think about al9h? Is it worth the work? (Lol I'd do it anyway, I need a computer project) But... What's the brick rate? Don't tell me none if you do it right, that's bullshit. What's the actual possibility of a brick if I know how to use my head (and I do, I've downgraded before from 10.3 to 9.2) And what are the benefits, besides permanent unbrick and instant 100% emuNAND?

10. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    I'm sure the brick rate is fairly high, you've just got to take the proper security measures to make sure you can recover from one. I've never experienced a brick before, but if I did, I assume I'd be able to recover with the proper help. I'm not too certain of EVERYTHING that A9LH can do, but my goal is what can be achieved in this tutorial here- http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-swap-sysnand-and-emunand-arm9loaderhax-only.415724/

11. DarkKaine

DarkKaine GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    Tbh, I'd say it's pretty safe. You're using sysupdater on emuNAND until it works, so nothing can really go wrong there. Once you downgraded emuNAND successfully you flash it to sysNAND. The only thing that kinda sucks is that no CFW's can boot 2.1, so it's impossible to test whether you have a working setup or not.

DrakeLyon likes this.
  12. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    The nice thing about obtaining the OTP and installing a9lh is that whether you brick or not is a deterministic thing. If you do all the steps right (including making the proper backups, compiling and running the proper toolchains on your PC, and so on), then it will work. It's not like downgrading to 9.2 via memchunkhax2, where there's a non-zero chance of the exploit failing on you in the middle of a downgrade even if you do everything right.

Last edited by FenrirWolf, Feb 26, 2016
    wsquan171 likes this.
  13. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    Everything went perfectly except for the end of the tutorial that I posted about. I boot into AuReiNAND SysNAND on 10.6 when I power on my 3DS, which is perfect for me. However, upon injecting the EmuNAND partition I dumped previously into SysNAND, SysNAND remained completely unchanged and EmuNAND won't boot... Actually, in the Homebrew Menu, neither Cakes nor rxTools will open at all. :/

Last edited by DrakeLyon, Feb 26, 2016
  14. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Last edited by einhuman197, Feb 26, 2016
  15. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    Looks like maybe my luck finally ran out. I misread an important step in the tutorial and created an empty updatedsysnand folder instead of an empty updatedsysnand file before installing A9LH. I did everything else exactly by the steps of the tutorial but that.. So.. do you guys know if I'm screwed here? I think maybe what I've been booting into all along is EmuNAND and it's my SysNAND that won't boot..

16. shaneod

shaneod GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2011
    Just delete the updatedsysnand folder and make an updatedsysnand file. updatedsysnand is stored on your sd card. No problem to my knowledge.

17. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    desperate? lol, why do you think you need it so badly? you must be mistaken.

18. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    Wasn't I supposed to create the file before I installed A9LH though? I did delete the folder and create the file, but nothing changes

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ah, I guess what I meant was desperately "want" it lol. It wasn't life or death, but a matter of time and internet

19. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You're still able to boot the console into a custom firmware environment via a9lh, right? Doesn't seem like you're "screwed" if that's the case.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What I would do is perform a few tests.

Test 1) Remove the SD card and turn on the console. Does it just hang on a blank screen and not boot to anything? Then you still have a9lh.

Test 2) Turn the console on and don't press anything. Since you have the updatedsysnand file in the rei folder, this should cause you to boot to sysnand.

Test 3) Temove (or rename) the updatedsysnand file, then turn the console on and don't press anything. Does it boot to something? If it does, that's your emunand.

If both test 2 and test 3 seem to return the same results, then it just means that your emunand and sysnand are currently clones of each other.

DrakeLyon likes this.
  20. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    Well what's had me concerned is the thought of destroying my SysNAND and only being able to boot into EmuNAND, but I don't really know what's going on. I guess that even if I have at least one NAND then it's okay, but it's a real downer for me as I've never made a mistake like this before.