Homebrew Could anyone port "Osu" to the DS?

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now I know most of you are thinking that I'm just some idiot, blah, blah , blah. Anywho, I'm taking compsci myself, so I do understand the difficulties in coding, but I also understand that there are people out there who are significantly better than me. My question basically boils down to this: Does anyone know anyone willing to take a commission on something like this? I'd love to see Osu! ported, and would be willing to take $50 from my own pocket to ask someone to port it, plus I'm sure I could more people to help chip in. It seems a bit realistic to me, since the Osu! devs seem to be more than willing to let someone use the source code.

Link to Osu!: http://osu.ppy.sh/

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
1. It's not a rip-off, it's a PC version. It is based off Ouendan.
2. This has already been thought of two years ago and at the moment it's not going to happen.

$50? lol

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
???
Isn't Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan the same as Osu? (just that you can't use your own music)...

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I second your idea, but I don't think any dev will do it cuz there are 2 ouendan games+elite beat agents = 3 Ds "osus" already.
Maybe it would be more realistic to ask for a rom hack (including pc tool) that lets you make you own beatmaps to your own music and lets you use them in EBA or something

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
'Osu!' can't be ported by anyone on this forum. Period.
It's closed-source, meaning that we'd either have to beg the creators of the PC version for a port or code a clone ourselves (which, mind you, would almost certainly not be compatible with the PC version's songs.)

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. It's spelled "osu!"
2. Let the aptly-named DS developer to tell peppy that he's interested in porting osu! to the DS. I'm sure peppy'll come up with something agreeable.

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
He always is
smile.gif

Sohakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm serious, I think I will do it on vacation. I'm an huge ouendan fan, played every game and I'm sad that there isn't more. I'm doing it for me, on the first place XD!

It looks simple, palib have manyyyyyy functions to help on every way, like zooming the circles, changing colors, checking the touch. I don't know why nobody did this yet. It's impossible to put some things like the videos. The slider thing isn't difficult I think. There is already a thing to check the collision of the stylus with a sprite, so the rolling ball isn't the problem. The problem would be make an "path" for it, but it's not extremely needed, I can make a simple guide o__O.

And about the videos, why not put an animated gif on place, like on ouendan? On ouendan the background is like simple gifs animated. I can do that. There is a background that accepts simple gifs
biggrin.gif
!

There are some things I need to think to resolve, like the time (calculated on ms on .osu and on ds it's calculated... well 16,6666 ms every frame o___o! BUT I WILL OVERCOME THIS!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 OMG)

And the Osu! staff are more than willing to help the port. Seriously, I asked one guy and he answered me (saying that this is a thoug thing to program o__O), saying me to search for help on Irc (about the osu files, that i couldn't understand perfectly), and there is a topic on the foruns saying that if you want to make a port, contact them.

But I never did a single homebrew, so there is a chance that every thing I said is worth nothing .___.
If someone want to help me, send an PM
biggrin.gif
! If someone is already doing Osu, i can help! And if someone know where to find custom osu source, I would be happy too, lol. DDR DS source works too (so I can look how they solved the time problem :wtf:)

Sorry for the poor english ._.

Sohakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hahaha, when I first played Osu! I thought the same thing, then I send one message to that guy that answered me. But before he answered, I played osu! and tahdah! on the songs folder appeared and folder with the same name of the osv file, but with a .osu file and a mp3 file inside. The .osu file is readable with a notepad, and isn't all complicated if you try to make a song and understand some basic concepts. But there are somethings that I don't understood, so he said to talk with the creator (I think) on IRC, and he said that the osv is an zip file. I don't tried, but later I will try to simple change the extension.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok