Hacking Corrupted SD Card

sys64738

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yesterday i wanted to install CIAs to my New 2DS XL (b9s installed) and i inserted my SD card to PC and copied the files i wanted to install, then i have removed the SD card from PC (with safe remove).I have inserted the SD card to the 2DS and then said that the sd card can't be accesed. I have tried 3x remove, insert the card,but was the same error. After that i have inserted SD card back to the PC and error message pops up the F: (SD )drive must be formatted. All my games, homebrew, gamesaves are gone. The SD card was not a cheap card,i have bought in local store (Kingston 32GB). Now i have formatted the card and checked with h2tesw, all ok.
My questions are:
How can i reinstall FBI?
Can i use ihavemac's 3DS-custom-install application to install FBI, or is there a easier way?
Can i use more then one SD card with same console?
What do you think, what was the problem that the SD card was corrupted?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yesterday i wanted to install CIAs to my New 2DS XL (b9s installed) and i inserted my SD card to PC and copied the files i wanted to install, then i have removed the SD card from PC (with safe remove).I have inserted the SD card to the 2DS and then said that the sd card can't be accesed. I have tried 3x remove, insert the card,but was the same error. After that i have inserted SD card back to the PC and error message pops up the F: (SD )drive must be formatted. All my games, homebrew, gamesaves are gone. The SD card was not a cheap card,i have bought in local store (Kingston 32GB). Now i have formatted the card and checked with h2tesw, all ok.
My questions are:
How can i reinstall FBI?
Can i use ihavemac's 3DS-custom-install application to install FBI, or is there a easier way?
Can i use more then one SD card with same console?
What do you think, what was the problem that the SD card was corrupted?
First of all, in case of a (pressumable) SD corruption, always follow that this post says. Also, you can check this another post. And have always in account the recommended SD card format type in order to be used on a 3DS console:
  • FAT32 only
  • Recommended cluster size: 32kB (up to 64GB total memory size) or 64kB (for 128GB or above).
  • Always marked as primary partition and using MBR type allocation table.
Now, about your other questions:
  • Follow the finalizing-setup guide.
  • You can, but there's no need of that if you made the just before guide. Anyway, for using custom-install, you need your dumped boot9.bin and movable.sed files, and access to the HBL.
  • Yes. But you always have this option too.
  • Possibly. Better do that I said above to check for the health of your SD card.

Reactions: sys64738

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.