Corrupted Sd Card Now what do I do?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hedep, Dec 5, 2018.

1. hedep
    OP

hedep Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2012
    United States
    Hi got a 3ds with cfw, just put a .cia and inserted my sd card to 3ds and can't read it. Checked with my computer and no luck.

I have no backup, what shoul I do to maintain my cfw and keep on?

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Assuming you're not using arm9loaderhax type custom firmware...
    Do a full rundown by checking the SD card, updating the CFW setup on the card and CTRNAND, and backing up your game saves+extdata & SysNAND. This post should troubleshoot most minor CFW issues.

3. hedep
    OP

hedep Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2012
    United States
    I guess it was arm9loader but after a while I updates it to bootstrap thingy.

3ds is working ok, my question is how do I prepare a new cars to go with my cfw.

4. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    This must be clear at first. Are you still on A9LH or is it really upgraded to B9S? Hold "Select" while booting to find out your Luma version like in the picture in this post.

If you really are on B9S, just follow TurdPooCharger's tutorial (link above). Step 5. has a link to the CFW starter kit which contains most (all?) you'll ever need. And... I know, nobody feels like doing this, but you should really do the full test before trusting the new SD.

5. hedep
    OP

hedep Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2012
    United States
    I updated the b9s (as far as I know)

Hold select and boot resulted like image screen says luma 3DS v8.1.1 configuration
    and the operations are different than that image.

Is there another way to really make sure that I'm b9s? I really don't want to harm my console.

And what is the full sd card test?

6. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Good. You have B9S. The last Luma version with A9LH support was 7.0.5. You will not harm the console buy setting up a new SD-card.

The SD test is just to ensure your card is not damaged and not fake like in this case. If the card is okay you will get "Test finished without errors". Any other result is bad.

Just follow the nice step-by-step guide from the link above.

7. hedep
    OP

hedep Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2012
    United States
    Thanks, will try as soon as I can.