Corrupted save files in SuperCard SD

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by yanvbraz, Feb 13, 2018.

1. yanvbraz
    OP

yanvbraz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    Brazil
    Is there any way to make this game save correctly in SuperCard SD? That flashcart genretaes 64 kB save files, but that specific game uses 128 kB save file. No matter if I replace the save file with the 128 kB one, I always get corrupted progress in game, warps outside of the map bounds, etc.

So, is there any way to fix that game for Supercard SD?

I'm also trying to play Pokémon Fire Red, but whenever I save game and reload I get the message "Battery Has Run Dry". The game seems to save normally, but I'm afraid the save will become corrupted at some point, even using Save State and Normal Save method. I heard somewhere there are some patches to fix that problem. Anyone know where I can find them?

Anyone knows a Compatibility List of games that needs to be patched to work correctly in SuperCard SD? I tried searching on Google, but there are lots of scattered information, some patches are already dead links, etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. notDXguy

notDXguy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    Poland
    i have the same problem :c pleasy help us

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/
    Try this. It's designed for use with the 3DS but there's nothing really platform specific about it, all it seems to do is change the save size to 64kB. How exactly it accomplishes that and whether it gets rid of the dry battery message, I don't know. Some Pokemon games might still run into issues, I know that Emerald specifically will still have some issues when it tries to save past the 64kB (Ruby and Sapphire might too), causing the game to crash after the Hall of Fame IIRC, there is a patch that rearranges the save and discards some unimportant parts in order to make all the save data fit in 64kB but I don't think there's a similar patch for the other games.
    I believe you forgot to mention what the game was. You mentioned Fire Red but that's the only one mentioned by name.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Feb 27, 2018
  4. yanvbraz
    OP

yanvbraz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    Brazil
    I almost forgot about that thread... my bad :c

Well, I was trying to play Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3. It is one of the few rare games that uses 128kB saves. Is there any possible way to run this game on SuperCard SD without save file being overwritten and corrupted?