1. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    if the card came back fine in h2tesw then it is fine :)

If it was exfat before that is most likely what the issue was, try as exfat and let us know if it still happens

2. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If your card keeps corrupting why dont you back it up?

3. PyroGoat

PyroGoat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They keep saying that your saves are on your nand but if you use emunand on sd it is then subsequently also on your SD card. SD corruption may be possible like they are saying.

I always format my cards with SDFormatter which is provided by the SD Association. Overwrite format will take some time but it zeros everything out.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

4. burial

OP burial GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok so Im a HUGE procrastinator and still havent reformatted my sd card(thinking about doing it now)....but Ive ran into 2 new errors on 2 other games that never gave me a problem before. So I wanted to mention these errors first....

"Unable to start software.
    Return to HOME Menu and try again."

Is that error also from a corrupted sd card? I really hope my card, or Switch, isnt about to die.

5. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    From memory, yeah it's a sign of exfat corruption

6. burial

OP burial GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After reformatting Im having a problem installing some NSPs...."An Error occurred...hold down power for 12 seconds....blahblahblah"

So what is causing this?

And one of the icons is a blank with the loading circle and I cant start it or delete it or anything.

Last edited by burial, Feb 25, 2019
  7. burial

OP burial GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Uh it seems my Switch has downgraded to 5.1.0

How did reformatting my sd card make my firmware lower???

8. burial

OP burial GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Im going to mention that the year on the systems clock was set to 2021 also. So far the only games that are working are the ones I originally bought from eshop and installed on internal memory.

Should I try upgrading back to 6.2?

Sorry to keep asking but Im really confused about what happened.....and what I should do next.

9. Psyfurius

Psyfurius Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi. So yesterday I hacked my coworker Switch and I installed like 6 games in his 128 MicroSD using exFAT, FW 9.0.0. and Atmosphere 9.0.4. I tested the games by selecting them and let them run till the welcome screen. All of them worked without errors.

Today I decided to play one of the games till he arrived to work. Guess what... it didn’t run. It said that the game had corrupted data and it prompted me to run a scan which I did and again... it said that it had corrupted data.

I launched another game, and another game, and suddenly, all the games I installed were corrupted except for one. Also, I launched the HB Menu and it did work just perfectly.

So, why the HB menu and one of the games I installed worked if the microSD was corrupted? I don’t know...

So I navigated to the Data Management options and then I selected Saved Data. There I saw that each of all the games I installed had a save data file. I deleted all of them since I never played them and I went back to the home menu, started each one of them, they asked me to scan the game for corruption data again which I did and some of them said that they had corruption data and some of them not.

Here’s the strangest part... As soon the scan ended, the exclamation symbol [ ! ] disappeared from every corrupted game and now they just worked fine, including the ones that still said that had corrupted data.

How a game that has never been played has a save data? Why is that data corrupted? Why after a scan it said that the game had corrupted data, then marked has safe and run it like that never happened?

Last edited by Psyfurius, Oct 4, 2019
  10. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Addict

United States
    was the card empty when you ran the test?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

switch to fat32. There is only one downside to fat32 and it's splitting large nsps. It's easy to do too and most games don't need it

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Corrupted,