Hacking Corrupted G6 Lite card with pictures!

arcy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, well today something unfortunate happened. My G6 Lite became corrupted after a month of playing with it. It had firmware 4.3a on it and is the Chinese Version. Here are two screenshots of my corrupted cart:
corruptedg62.jpg

^this is the actual contents of the g6 when in the NDS folder. notice all the hidden folders?

corruptedg6.jpg

^This is the root of the G6 lite cart. notice when i put my mouse pointer over the NDS folder, that it claims there is over 8GB in it. Which is not possible because the G6 lite is only capable of 512MB

When using the G6 U-Disk Manager, nothing in the NDS folder shows up. I have two backups in the GBA folder that correctly appear (not pictured)

However when I use the G6 in my DS lite, 6 of the 12 ds backups show up. Unfortunately, I have not yet seen any NDS save back ups which means my animal crossing village is toast.

I also have some DPG videos on the cart and all the videos have stayed intact. My options for NDS backups were " DoFAT, Reset Enabled, Trim roms"

I am able to play the backups on my cart that are availble (only tried one so far, will try the rest later)

I think what happened was that I did a soft reset after playing animal crossing, then *perhaps* turned it off while "data processing" popped up
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

let this be a lesson to all of you
lecture.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to get very odd corruption on the PSP when I owned one and it would give very large reading in terms of size. Your pictures remind me of that. Were you able to format the card (the FW should not be effected) and start over?

arcy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still in the process of trying to recover my save games
unsure.gif
before i reformat it. I just played a different back up that survived the corruption and it played fine. I don't understand while 6 of the 12 ds backups on my cart survived the corruption. When I try to look in my NDS folder, I don't see any of them and the U-Disk Manager can't see any of the DS backups either

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, some people pull the cart off of the burner instead of pulling out from the USB port. alot of people also fail to use the "Safely Remove Hardware" option in Windows before pulling it out from the USB port. Some people just can't take care of electronics. i'm not saying arcy did any of these things...

...but I've had a G6 3RD for about 8 months, and a G6Lite for a few weeks and have never had a problem with either cart that wasn't my own dumb fault.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to get very odd corruption on the PSP when I owned one and it would give very large reading in terms of size. Your pictures remind me of that. Were you able to format the card (the FW should not be effected) and start over?

That's called using earlier versions of devhook....but nehow, to Xeronage: read his first post, he turned off the ds when the g6 was flushing the sram and writing to the save files....hence corrupting his card.

midigear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

You are not the only one. This problem has been discovered for a long time in Asia,
so far no answer, fix, or what so ever form the GBA Alpha officials.

If you are lucky, you can return your G6L and get a new one;
otherwise, even after you reformatted G6L, same thing will happen again.

That's G6L.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happens using the GBA Movie Player if you don't defragment the CF card every time you change something (like adding/moving/deleting files for example). I suggest every time you change anything when you plug your G6 Lite into your PC, defragment it and I can assure you this shouldn't happen.

Oh and if you expect a "fix", I highly doubt it (as this happens with just about any removable media). Just be sure to defragment from now on to avoid any file corruption and you'll be fine.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, why don't we eliminate possibilities?

Back up your save games and reformat that thing. Place the same games back on that thing. Use all safety precaution such as safely remove and wait an extra second for each actions and such. Play the games, save, soft reset, shut down system. Then boot it up and wait for the data processing screen. Then do the same, but hard shut down your DS when it says data processing and see if you can duplicate the issue.

I'm a bit confused at the content of your NDS folder... mine shows no hidden folder (I have enabled to show hidden stuff) and have for every game a .nds, .0, .1, .2 files. Backing up the .0, .1, .2 files is how I back up my saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh