Langalord4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello!

I have some problems regarding my external HDD and WUP installer (Brazilian Method). I use a seagate 1TB external HDD, with a y-cable (dual) to get the extra power from the Wii U.

I installed Haxchi, used Wii U USB Helper to download and copy games to SD-card. Installed multiple games with WUP installer GX2. One game failes to install, get error page, and I can suddenly no longer install games with WUP Installer. I get the error 0xfffcffe5, which means "reconnect USB", which I have done and does not work. I read somewhere that a faulty installation could result in a corrupted HDD, and that you could download a game/demo/update from Eshop, go to disk management, and then repair the HDD. This does not work for me. When I download a demo from eshop, i cannot open it and it says that the HDD is corrupted.

I tried to use FTPiiu Everywhere, located the files/games inside the usb, did a check of all the game IDs, and did not find the game that i think corrupted my HDD.

It has happened once before, and i found myself formating the HDD and installing everything over again. But that is very time consuming, so I am hoping that someone here can help me.

Any help appreciated, and sorry(!) for incorrect grammar/spelling.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a bug I've personally encountered where entering system settings beforehand (it may only be the data section) causes an hdd error.

Langalord4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I do not think so. I believe that the reason was the game that I tried to install. I think that some of the game files were faulty. For once I tried to manually transfer the files to the install directory, and I believe that some error happened during the "transport".

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was that via ftp and FtpiiUeverywhere? I wouldn't use that if I were you. there's a risk of data not being transferred properly since it's ftp. I would use the sd connector of your pc or a usb to sd connection if you have one. the Wii U USB Helper has an option to transfer completed downloads to an sd card. is that what you're using?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's likely that the wii u stores games temporarily in a directory like the bgdl folder stores pkg games on the vita, maybe ps4 as well, after extraction? I don't know where that directory is though. I do know that the wii u stores system updates in a folder, then transfers them elsewhere to be installed. that could be why you couldn't find the games in the correct folders. you're sure you looked in both the usb and the mlc with ftpiiueverywhere just in case something got messed up? if all else fails, it could be the hdd that's about to fail completely. I'm personally using a wd elements drive. it's a laptop drive that I'm using with 3 extension cables and a toggle switch cable as well as a y cable as part of the extension cables. I've encountered the hdd error, but that was only after going into system settings. resetting the wii u has always fixed it. at first, I thought it was just deleting, then trying to reinstall the game that was the culprit, but it's just going into system settings/game data management/usb...at least for me.

Langalord4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I checked everywhere and could not find a directory with the games ID on it. I did not dare to edit any other folders. I am doing this as a favor to a buddy of mine. I have the exact same setup, and have never experienced this problem.

Langalord4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am sure that the HDD is the problem, but not the HDD itself. I believe that it got corrupted when installing the faulty game. It will work if I format the HDD, but that is very time consuming. The HDD is brand new btw.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think usually the game will show up as corrupted data in data management if that happens. sometimes you can delete; other times, not. if you can't delete it, then buying a demo as you did generally fixes the problem and allows your to delete it. maybe @Kafluke , @Felek666 , or @Lacius will know what do do. they know a lot more about the wii u than I do. I've mentioned them, so they should get a notification to this thread. other members may know as well.

Langalord4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok. I greatly appreciate the help so far. I just spent the last day or two installing games. A real bummer starting all over again. :(

D

Deleted User

I think usually the game will show up as corrupted data in data management if that happens. sometimes you can delete; other times, not. if you can't delete it, then buying a demo as you did generally fixes the problem and allows your to delete it. maybe @Kafluke , @Felek666 , or @Lacius will know what do do. they know a lot more about the wii u than I do. I've mentioned them, so they should get a notification to this thread. other members may know as well.
They either appear as Corrupted Software in Data Managment or they get kicked to random ticket folder so you might want to browse your HDD even further and see if something doesn't match. You might also try deleting .tik off Wii U but eh, you can as well try Wup Installer GX2 and different revisions of these like Y Mod.

You could also try hardplugging your Wii U [While it's in Wii U menu, pull the cord] and wait 5 minutes then try again.

Reactions: godreborn

Langalord4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried the Y Mod and Wup Installer GX2. I can install to the system, but not to the HDD. I can also transfer from system to HDD. Will try the hardplugging.

Langalord4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks godreborn. I was looking at the games and the ID when I was "in" FTPiiU Everywhere, but I did not know what I was looking for when i tried to locate the ticket. Will check it out after the 5 min hardplug.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only know what I've read on hear. I've never had to deal with corrupted installs myself. Maybe I'm lucky

same with me. if an install fails in wup or system config tool, it's usually rolled back as if it never happened. maybe the install was too far in its process to be rolled back? most failed installs that I've seen have been next to immediate. I've seen them with system config tool occasionally, and they were from a failed download in every case. they always rolled back for me. I installed all games/dlc with system config tool aside from the 75 games I own in digital format + 1 retail (Nintendo Land). :P

Last edited by godreborn,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I've been using WUP Installer GX2 exclusively since it came out and I've never had a single issue with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: