Hacking Corrupted csm

middeloni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just want to have a conformation on something.
I tried to edit a custom system menu with mymenu and I edited "Wii Cursor (Overlay Player 1)". Something went wrong (I do not know what) and now my wii boots up with (so far) a green screen, a green noisy screen or a green+pink screen. I will attempt to repair it tomorrow because I dont have Zelda TP in my posession.
I have Starfall installed with all options except for the replace health screen part and I have a TPhack on my system. Tomorrow I'll boot into the recovery mode and run Zelda, so I can install a clean systemmenu WAD. The booting from the recovery menu works since I just tried it out with SMG.
I'd like to have some conformation that this will be the way to go, or if it isnt, I'd like to know what I should do.

Thank you in advance, and keep up the good work.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Better method:
Extract 00000001 app from a system menu WAD install it like a cSM through Twilight Hack.

And for the futur use Preloader

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really shouldn't install csms without preloader since preloader makes it so easy and risk free.( All you have to when you get a currupted menu is hold reset launch hbc and install a new one.)
Since you have starfall i would recommend you autoboot zelda from recovery menu and run softmii tweak tools or whatever menu installer you use and install a new menu( the original is around). If you want you can reinstall the whole systemmenu wad but you would lose starfall or any other sysmenu hacks like preloader and its also pretty risky (so if anything goes wrong you will no longer have starfall).

EDIT: Guess i was late computerboy basically said the same thing as me(but with less detail
smile.gif
).

middeloni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you all very much, I will install the clean 45.app tomorrow and install preloader. I chose for starfall when I decided I needed protection because such a lot of people were bashing at preloader for "demanding such a lot of victims", having the disk spinning while the wii is off etc.

Thank you all for your time.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get rid of the disk spinning just set it to ignore wiiconnect24 settings and it will shut down completely (what do you use wiiconnect for anyway, once it is set to on so you can play mario kart tornaments)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.