• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Corrupt Politicians & Extortion Money

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Lets just spell out, what we have in that video.

- Actual attempts to pay for votes going on right now.
- Historically successfull attempts of voter fraught being laughed at.
- Politicians being conceptualized as 'cattle farmers' being able to move people
- Politicians being valued based on how much weight an endorsement they give carries
- Politicians being valued based on how much campaign contributions they can bank.
- Politicians setting up patronage structures to cement their importance.
- Politicians having convinced voters, that they own a state
- Voters being talked about as people that have to be reminded by media, that they now can make their cross somewhere different, maybe.
- Political fractions/camps being judged on how fast they supported viable candidates financially.

- Voters being described as educated and decisive in not wanting to support Biden, ultimately behaving like cattle again, because, you did saw the Super Tuesday results, didn't you. (So if you fallow that categorization, Bidens success on super Tuesday, was educated people finally giving into the establishments lure, just not to get Sanders. Thats encouraging. )
What kills me though is the eagerness of those three people to just matter of fact like - report on those aspects, and to learn more about them in a weird 'apprenticeship' to power set up, where they seem to think, that if they just understand this more extensively, they will have achieved journalistic mastery in it - or something I'm not quite sure of.

And until then, by jove - they will almost sportscast every move nook and cranny out of this and find it fascinating and thrilling, while they are at it, because that is what grows their viewership or something.

Someone asked at the beginning of this thread what political corruption was, how it came to be. I think I've answered that question just now.

Do something better with your life.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Slight warning on content from The Hill (which I quoted in the previous two postings), I only realized after - what kind of beat the are going for, so I'd advice against using them as your primary information source.. ;)

Today, with inequality at the highest level since the Gilded Age, the wealthy paying next to nothing in taxes, children being gunned down in schools, and a massive crisis of addiction, no one needs to use propaganda or lies to make us look bad. Simply telling the truth is a subversive act and yes I suppose[...]
src: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/4...t-accusations-of-being-called-a-russian-plant

Thats agitation bait.

If your ankers say stuff like that it means, that you are not following a standard journalistic process. You are basically "hot girl, selling folks on ideas". Also same guest booking list as some of the more russia sympathizing alternative media. ;)

(edit: She was featured by Fox News, CNN, CNBC und Real Time mit Bill Maher though according to her wikipedia entry, so not entirely sure whats going on there. ;))

For anyone wondering, why I landed on that video - youtube algo.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Biden is on tape urging the then ukraine president Petro Poroschenko to privatize the then insolvent 'PrivatBank' (40% of stock held by Igor Kolomoiski (oligarch) at the time), before the US administration changed over to be run by republicans (Trump administration).

Furthermore on December 3rd 2015 on a call between John Kerry and Petro Poroschenko, an american official is on tape (released three days ago) voicing the demand to investigate 'the opportunity to solve the problem of replacement, of Viktor Shokin (the countries prosecutor general)' and arguing for it, by bringing in 'the concern of Joseph Binden about this'.

Former ukraine secret service chief Leonid Derkatsch is on record presuming, that Bidens 'concern' would have been driven by Burisma (gas company Bidens son held an administrative post with) being under investigation by the then prosecutor general.

Biden commented on this in 2018 by acknowledging that he pushed for the layoff of Shokin, by withholding a billion USD credit line from the ukraine until matters were resolved. But he argued, that he didn't do that to protect his son, but rather, because of accusations on part of the atlantic council ( https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/why-do-ukraine-s-reform-ministers-keep-quitting/ ) and others, that Shokin would not have been active enough on corruption prevention.

The entire US involvement in this - is now being investigated in the ukraine as an international corruption case.

This was demanded by Trump in a declassified call on July 25th - again, underlined with threats to withdraw credit lines, if you remember.
See: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

src: https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Bi...eralsanwaltschaft-weitergeleitet-4725569.html (german)

edit: For some reason, the Washington Post calls this 'a whole lot of nothing burger'
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ons-biden-ukraine-are-gigantic-nothingburger/
(no joke.. ;) )

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Whats the inherent motivation behind corrupting influence on the functional level. (A few of the comments about the nature of 'elite influence' at the beginning of the interview.)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Bannon charged with Fraud in We Build the Wall Campaign

https://web.archive.org/web/2020082.../nyregion/steve-bannon-arrested-indicted.html

Step one: Say that you are a non profit collecting funds to build great wall.
Step two: Take money to do whatever. ;) Share with two pals.

edit:

Video:

In unrelated news, Honeywell and GE just signed oil extraction contracts worth 8 billion USD with Iraq. (Also see video.)

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Oh, we havent touched upon the aspect, that some corruption is 'legal' because it is seen as 'needed structural information politics depends on'. At least thats the argument for lobbying, which is one step removed.. ;)

So how about we take a few minutes and look into how that looks in practice.. ;)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be honest with you all. If I was a politician, I would be corrupt as fuck! I would easily sell out your kid's future for a nice bribe. But don't worry, I'm never going to run for any type of office.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.... has this thread been about Quid Pro Joe this whole time???..
Hunter Biden's ex-associates wanted to 'get Joe involved' in joint venture with Chinese energy company so they assumed it was a 'truly family business'

It's comedic and sad that the Pedocrats, Chinese, and Dominion algorithms voted for Joe "Pedo" Biden when he makes Trump look like a Kool-aid haired, gender fluid, soy eating, commie leftist when comparing how corrupt the Biden family is.
Oh we moved here?
Any sources to back that up?

Also, I keep getting your Leaders mixed up as you are all commies.
this is an oldie but a Goodie
Donald J. Trump Pays Court-Ordered $2 Million For Illegally Using Trump Foundation Funds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol