1. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos

What kills me though is the eagerness of those three people to just matter of fact like - report on those aspects, and to learn more about them in a weird 'apprenticeship' to power set up, where they seem to think, that if they just understand this more extensively, they will have achieved journalistic mastery in it - or something I'm not quite sure of.

And until then, by jove - they will almost sportscast every move nook and cranny out of this and find it fascinating and thrilling, while they are at it, because that is what grows their viewership or something.

Someone asked at the beginning of this thread what political corruption was, how it came to be. I think I've answered that question just now.

Do something better with your life.

Last edited by notimp, Mar 5, 2020
  2. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Slight warning on content from The Hill (which I quoted in the previous two postings), I only realized after - what kind of beat the are going for, so I'd advice against using them as your primary information source.. ;)

src: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/4...t-accusations-of-being-called-a-russian-plant

Thats agitation bait.

If your ankers say stuff like that it means, that you are not following a standard journalistic process. You are basically "hot girl, selling folks on ideas". Also same guest booking list as some of the more russia sympathizing alternative media. ;)

(edit: She was featured by Fox News, CNN, CNBC und Real Time mit Bill Maher though according to her wikipedia entry, so not entirely sure whats going on there. ;))

For anyone wondering, why I landed on that video - youtube algo.

Last edited by notimp, Mar 7, 2020
  3. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Bob Dylan released a 17min song. ;)

Last edited by notimp, Mar 27, 2020
  4. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Last edited by notimp, Apr 14, 2020
  5. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Biden is on tape urging the then ukraine president Petro Poroschenko to privatize the then insolvent 'PrivatBank' (40% of stock held by Igor Kolomoiski (oligarch) at the time), before the US administration changed over to be run by republicans (Trump administration).

Furthermore on December 3rd 2015 on a call between John Kerry and Petro Poroschenko, an american official is on tape (released three days ago) voicing the demand to investigate 'the opportunity to solve the problem of replacement, of Viktor Shokin (the countries prosecutor general)' and arguing for it, by bringing in 'the concern of Joseph Binden about this'.

Former ukraine secret service chief Leonid Derkatsch is on record presuming, that Bidens 'concern' would have been driven by Burisma (gas company Bidens son held an administrative post with) being under investigation by the then prosecutor general.

Biden commented on this in 2018 by acknowledging that he pushed for the layoff of Shokin, by withholding a billion USD credit line from the ukraine until matters were resolved. But he argued, that he didn't do that to protect his son, but rather, because of accusations on part of the atlantic council ( https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/why-do-ukraine-s-reform-ministers-keep-quitting/ ) and others, that Shokin would not have been active enough on corruption prevention.

The entire US involvement in this - is now being investigated in the ukraine as an international corruption case.

This was demanded by Trump in a declassified call on July 25th - again, underlined with threats to withdraw credit lines, if you remember.
    See: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

src: https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Bi...eralsanwaltschaft-weitergeleitet-4725569.html (german)

edit: For some reason, the Washington Post calls this 'a whole lot of nothing burger'
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ons-biden-ukraine-are-gigantic-nothingburger/
    (no joke.. ;) )

Last edited by notimp, May 22, 2020
  6. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Edward Norton made a movie about this book (and Robert Moses). :)

Last edited by notimp, May 31, 2020
  7. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    How corrupting influence works on the functional level:

8. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Whats the inherent motivation behind corrupting influence on the functional level. (A few of the comments about the nature of 'elite influence' at the beginning of the interview.)

9. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Bannon charged with Fraud in We Build the Wall Campaign

https://web.archive.org/web/2020082.../nyregion/steve-bannon-arrested-indicted.html

Step one: Say that you are a non profit collecting funds to build great wall.
    Step two: Take money to do whatever. ;) Share with two pals.

edit:

Video:

In unrelated news, Honeywell and GE just signed oil extraction contracts worth 8 billion USD with Iraq. (Also see video.)

Last edited by notimp, Aug 21, 2020
  10. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Last edited by notimp, Aug 21, 2020
  11. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    There is always room for a good liar on the Amazon Board of Directors:

Last edited by notimp, Sep 10, 2020
  12. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
  13. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Oh, we havent touched upon the aspect, that some corruption is 'legal' because it is seen as 'needed structural information politics depends on'. At least thats the argument for lobbying, which is one step removed.. ;)

So how about we take a few minutes and look into how that looks in practice.. ;)

14. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Bwahaha:

src: https://www.dw.com/en/palantir-the-darling-of-secret-services-goes-public/a-55107199

Sorry, bad joke... ;) (No politician involved here directly.. ;) )

15. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'm going to be honest with you all. If I was a politician, I would be corrupt as fuck! I would easily sell out your kid's future for a nice bribe. But don't worry, I'm never going to run for any type of office.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Politicians, Extortion, Corrupt