1. Shirohagen

OP Shirohagen Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hello.

First post, go easy on me...

I've recently been setting up my Vita for Homebrew and emulators. I bought it second hand and it was on system 3.68, so I downgraded it and installed Henkaku Enso etc. It now runs 3.65 and was working fine. I started to play around with it, but quickly realised that my 8Gb Vita memory card wasn't going to cut it. The prices for a 64Gb one were eye-watering, so I went for an SD2Vita adapter (v5) and a SanDisk 128Gb Micro SD card which seemed to be what everyone was recommending.

I found the process of setting up SD2Vita to be a bit confusing, not helped by the fact that I was using a Mac, but I think I've done it now and I have it running as far as I can tell.

If I boot the Vita without holding anything down, I get the SD card mounted, which I can tell, because I deleted 'official' games etc from that, so it only has Homebrew bubbles apart from the stock Sony ones.

If I hold down L when booting, I get the Vita Memory Card mounted, which I can tell, because I left my PS Store purchases on that so I can see those bubbles instead.

So I know the SD2Vita has been set up, and I know my SD card is working.

BUT

If I try to launch anything other than a stock Sony app, I get the message that it is corrupted.

And that includes VitaShell on both cards, which I would need to use to fix any configuration issue via USB or FTP.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get VitaShell back up and running so I can reinstall things? I was hoping I wouldn't;t have to go back to the start and there was some way to repair or recover whatever's gone wrong with the configuration..

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

2. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Use the application store manager and move vitashell to your internal memory (even on fat oled its possible). Try this and update us, please.

3. Shirohagen

OP Shirohagen Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi guys.

Just reporting back. I've got it sorted.

I couldn't use any applications on the vita or install new ones as Vitashell was corrupt.

So I deleted it, and used Qcma to recopy h-encore over. Then I used h-encore to download and install Vitashell again afresh. Now it all works, off the SD2Vita, so I'm good to go.

Will look into the Application Store Manager to put VitaShell in the internal memory, so I always have access to it.

Thanks for the help MUDD_BR !

®

MUDD_BR likes this.
  4. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm stuck in this loop and I can't seem to enter into safe mode. Holding Home,L,R and power does nothing. But hencore works every time. How can I put VitaShell to internal memory using store manager?

5. txoutlaw666

txoutlaw666 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Im having the same problem everytime i load vitashell or henkaku it reboots my vita i tried to recopy using qcma but still doesnt work any solutions would help thanks and im also using a mac

Last edited by txoutlaw666, Jun 12, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - VitaShell, Corrupt, SD2Vita