OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

First post, go easy on me...

I've recently been setting up my Vita for Homebrew and emulators. I bought it second hand and it was on system 3.68, so I downgraded it and installed Henkaku Enso etc. It now runs 3.65 and was working fine. I started to play around with it, but quickly realised that my 8Gb Vita memory card wasn't going to cut it. The prices for a 64Gb one were eye-watering, so I went for an SD2Vita adapter (v5) and a SanDisk 128Gb Micro SD card which seemed to be what everyone was recommending.

I found the process of setting up SD2Vita to be a bit confusing, not helped by the fact that I was using a Mac, but I think I've done it now and I have it running as far as I can tell.

If I boot the Vita without holding anything down, I get the SD card mounted, which I can tell, because I deleted 'official' games etc from that, so it only has Homebrew bubbles apart from the stock Sony ones.

If I hold down L when booting, I get the Vita Memory Card mounted, which I can tell, because I left my PS Store purchases on that so I can see those bubbles instead.

So I know the SD2Vita has been set up, and I know my SD card is working.

BUT

If I try to launch anything other than a stock Sony app, I get the message that it is corrupted.

And that includes VitaShell on both cards, which I would need to use to fix any configuration issue via USB or FTP.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get VitaShell back up and running so I can reinstall things? I was hoping I wouldn't;t have to go back to the start and there was some way to repair or recover whatever's gone wrong with the configuration..

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use the application store manager and move vitashell to your internal memory (even on fat oled its possible). Try this and update us, please.

Shirohagen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Just reporting back. I've got it sorted.

I couldn't use any applications on the vita or install new ones as Vitashell was corrupt.

So I deleted it, and used Qcma to recopy h-encore over. Then I used h-encore to download and install Vitashell again afresh. Now it all works, off the SD2Vita, so I'm good to go.

Will look into the Application Store Manager to put VitaShell in the internal memory, so I always have access to it.

Thanks for the help MUDD_BR !

®

Reactions: MUDD_BR

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the application store manager and move vitashell to your internal memory (even on fat oled its possible). Try this and update us, please.
I'm stuck in this loop and I can't seem to enter into safe mode. Holding Home,L,R and power does nothing. But hencore works every time. How can I put VitaShell to internal memory using store manager?

txoutlaw666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same problem everytime i load vitashell or henkaku it reboots my vita i tried to recopy using qcma but still doesnt work any solutions would help thanks and im also using a mac

Last edited by txoutlaw666,

ArthurTomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please! Can someone help me? I have PS Vita Slim unlocked in version 3.65. When I try to use sd2vita 5.0 with a 256GB SD card from Sandisk and when I restart applications, for example, vitashell is a corrupted file. Follow the HardLevel youtube video. I've tried to copy the files from ux0 to sd card. Card formatted in "Exfat - 32kb, 64kb and standard" and did not work. I've tried to delete or rename the folder "tai /" from ux0. But it didn't work either. I've also tried to edit the "Ur0" config.txt file and it didn't work either. I have already installed the latest version "AutoPlugin" and the new version II. I chose the option "install SD2VITA plugin" and restarted and when I see the system the 256GB was recognized. Appears in capacity and free space "-" this trace started h-encore and when I access the applications they appear as a corrupted file. I try to restore the applications through Qcma, but the message "You need a memory card inserted" appears, then I have to format and start the unlock process again. The unlocking works, the AutoPlugin sd2vita function does not. I researched on foreign youtube channels as "Tech James" and I was unable to use sd2vita. So I decided to buy a sd2vita from the video at Mercado Livre. Does it work now? Anyone who can help me will be very grateful.

My current adapter
D_NQ_NP_2X_866545-MLB43674204603_102020-F.webp

Adapter I bought in the Free Market
D_NQ_NP_2X_664917-MLB43323435172_082020-F.webp

Last edited by ArthurTomas,

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please! Can someone help me? I have PS Vita Slim unlocked in version 3.65. When I try to use sd2vita 5.0 with a 256GB SD card from Sandisk and when I restart applications, for example, vitashell is a corrupted file. Follow the HardLevel youtube video. I've tried to copy the files from ux0 to sd card. Card formatted in "Exfat - 32kb, 64kb and standard" and did not work. I've tried to delete or rename the folder "tai /" from ux0. But it didn't work either. I've also tried to edit the "Ur0" config.txt file and it didn't work either. I have already installed the latest version "AutoPlugin" and the new version II. I chose the option "install SD2VITA plugin" and restarted and when I see the system the 256GB was recognized. Appears in capacity and free space "-" this trace started h-encore and when I access the applications they appear as a corrupted file. I try to restore the applications through Qcma, but the message "You need a memory card inserted" appears, then I have to format and start the unlock process again. The unlocking works, the AutoPlugin sd2vita function does not. I researched on foreign youtube channels as "Tech James" and I was unable to use sd2vita. So I decided to buy a sd2vita from the video at Mercado Livre. Does it work now? Anyone who can help me will be very grateful.

Okay, I just did this recently and I found out the error. I presume you are using the vita website to show you how to install storagemanager.

It is the hidden files not being downloaded.
So the instructions are correct but you need to allow the options for the hidden files to be downloaded to make sure you don't get the format option. That is where I believe a lot of people go wrong as this is never mentioned in the steps.

So in Winscp, you need to allow for that option as well as window explorer.

I have now done the step and my memory card is now visible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2