Corpse Party; Where to buy?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Sora de Eclaune, Nov 26, 2011.

Nov 26, 2011
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    A friend of mine is trying to find Corpse Party so they can buy it, but it's proving to be very illusive. No store she has been to has ever heard of it.

We've heard it was on PSN, but as she has no way to get access to Wi-Fi, doesn't have any connection cords of any sort, and doesn't live anywhere near where I do, she cannot get access to any online things.

Where is she supposed to get it?

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    It's a PSN exclusive. She could use media go and use the PSN store via that way.

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    Media Go? Is that where you connect the PSP to the computer?

I've already suggested connecting her PSP to the computer, but she says she doesn't have any cords or adapters.

My guess is that she's probably lying and just likes to have UMDs lying around. I wouldn't blame her, really, but the game being PSN exclusive is kind of bad for her.

Edit) She says thank you and is going to send a nasty letter to X-Seed about it. Or maybe thousands of them, from what she implied.

4. Coconut

Member Coconut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I wonder why none of your friends makes an account.

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    It's cheaper for them to release niche titles exclusively over PSN, since a lot of gamers prefer it like that anyway, or are neutral.

If she has a PS3, or knows someone with a PS3, then the cord to connect the PS3 controller to the PS3 (everyone has one, it's the charging cable) can connect a PSP to a PC as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I'm sure XSEED will just laugh in her face because this is the only way you're getting niche titles.

1 person likes this.
  7. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    She could buy the cord for peanuts, there no feasible excuse not to own one.

8. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    She did just today, but now we're having a problem with error codes coming up when she tries to download anything from the Playstation Store. She hasn't told me what the code was, but she says it's not on Sony's error code database and all the sites that say something about it have no solution anywhere.

I can only assume this is the impossible-to-bypass-except-by-hacking error code that pops up on a system if it was hacked at some point in its lifetime (or for no reason at all, according to some of the quotes she was sending me from some sites). She DID buy the system used, but the firmware on the system when she got it was an official one. There's no telling if it was hacked or not.

In addition, the only Sony products she has that she has registered to her account are the PSP and one PS3, so she hasn't maxed her total systems yet.

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Sigh. The Xseed fanbase caused quite an uproar when it was first announced about it. There is honestly no need for more of that. You wouldn't believe how far these people went to get their "generic" opinions heard.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

A niche PSP horror title from a developer that never had a game released in the West at the end of 2011? It was practically suicide to begin with. The Xseed fanbase mostly like RPGs. I'm unfortunately buying it either, but that's because I'm scared easily, and I can't even spend 20 dollars right now.

The only reason why they would probably release Grand Knights History in UMD form is because it's an RPG. That, and also because of Vanillaware's establishment as this artsy 2D game company. That would surely move at least a few copies out the window.

10. Goveynetcom

Newcomer Goveynetcom Member

United States
    I thought my system was totally messed up when I bought Corpse Party the first day it was online, my PSP didn't want to activate through the software for some reason and let me play the game. The error message I got was relating to me trying to activate it too many times. My suggestion is to download it via media go, and then if you still get errors, just give it some time and try again.

11. smile72

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Too be fair your friend shouldn't have expected much this is a niche game developed by a niche company (5pb) which no one has ever heard of, nor have they ever released a game in English prior to this. I probably will buy this though when I have money. Hope your friend enjoys the game.

12. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    The only option she has to downloading is through Media Go. She has no way to access Wi-Fi. The errors aren't going away no matter what she does.