Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe because i haven't name it correctly, i renamed firmkey.bin to native.key.
EDIT: nvm

Just to be clear, native_firm, twl_firm, and agb_firm have different keys, and the keys are different between o3ds and n3ds. The keys for twl_firm and agb_firm should be named twl.key and agb.key, respectively.

About this https://github.com/chaoskagami/corbenik/wiki/Building
Everything builds just fine on Windows, the only thing that won't work as-is are the bash scripts,
but those are nothing crucial.

That's cool. Well, I guess given cygwin you can probably build then.

IT WORKS NOW! It boots me to black screen...

What patches did you enable, what firmware are you using as native, what system software is on your sysnand, etc? You can just kill the power if it crashes like that, btw. It won't hurt anything.

Also, please upload loader.log if you have it in the folder.

(Corbenik is a little slower to boot than other CFWs, too.)

Last edited by chaoskagami,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice, if you build with "make full" it takes a little longer to build but you get the locales folder and all gameid files :)
(like in the release.zip :) )

Note:
Everything builds fine under Windows 10 now :) by just copying python.exe to python2.exe (not renaming, cause some other projects need python.exe) in the \python27 folder.

Last edited by DjoeN,

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice, if you build with "make full" it takes a little longer to build but you get the locales folder and all gameid files :)
(like in the release.zip :) )

Note:
Everything builds fine under Windows 10 now :) by just copying pyhton.exe to python2.exe (not renaming, cause some other projects need python.exe) in the \python27 folder.

Apparently my makefiles were better written than I thought. Oh, you could also use mklink for python2. People seem to forget that NTFS does hardlinks/symlinks. ;)

On the locales: they're only generated for games that have one language supported to prevent any false positives. The langemu code isn't terribly well tested, so use it at your own peril for now. For people wanting to add custom files, some of the values are different because I'm planning to switch to proper locale names like en_US/ja_JP/zh_CN eventually.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Apparently my makefiles were better written than I thought. Oh, you could also use mklink for python2. People seem to forget that NTFS does hardlinks/symlinks. ;)

You learn something everyday :) , so i looked up and read up on mklink. (Never knew about mklink)
- so i removed my 'python2.exe' in the folder c:\python27
- started a cmd with admin rights in c:\python27 folder
- typed 'mklink python2.exe c:\python27\python.exe' to create a hardlink
- this created a 0byte python2.exe in the python27 folder
- wiped corbenik folder on my d: and git cloned and ran make all

Worked perfect :)
Thanks for this info :)

(I know i could aswell leave the copy of python.exe as python2.exe there, but i like to try out new stuff everyday ;) )

Last edited by DjoeN,

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, making another release now.

Notable additions:
* EmuNAND support (only one right now, but this is due to lack of menu, not code)
* Screen-init for people with non-screeninit a9lh
* Loader now has rel commands for the other segments due to an oversight
* I fixed up some very wrong offset code that somehow worked before.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Notable additions:
* EmuNAND support (only one right now, but this is due to lack of menu, not code)
thanks the noob i am wait this emunand support yeahhh.when you will add cetk support for decrypt fw ?

Last edited by laharl22,

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks the noob i am wait this emunand support yeahhh.when you will add cetk support for decrypt fw ?

Next release I'll re-add it, but you still need a native firmkey to boot. There's no way around that.

(I probably should have waited to release, since I just added multiple emunand support. Oh well. As an aside, does anyone here have more than 10 Emunands? I set that as the max, but it's an arbitrary limit.)

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the option need to not unchek uncheked automaticly how to fix ?the cross when i chek dispareaer at the rebbot and my emunand black screen

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

Notable additions:
Emunand work well but "Autoboot" doesn't work :(

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Autoboot with EmuNAND, specifically? Yeah, I noticed that afterwards. The config file isn't getting saved just from ticking that, so next boot it doesn't use emunand. As a workaround, check the option called 'Reconfigured? (DO NOT UNCHECK' to force resaving the config and cache.

That was another oversight that I fixed in the subsequent commit. I can make another release since there's been another bunch of fixes, but it's getting to the point where I really need to slow down. If I keep releasing, there's going to keep being bugs.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
release today?

Sure. I mean, the issue is fixed in git (sort of) so I can do so.

I'm practically releasing every commit now though, so this is going to slow down. It's better if I fix every bug reported between them rather than just one known one.

EDIT: DONE.

Reactions: chronoss
A

a9lh-1user

Thanks for that CFW!
The best i've seen in a long time with many room for more great stuff to come.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Autoboot with EmuNAND, specifically? Yeah, I noticed that afterwards. The config file isn't getting saved just from ticking that, so next boot it doesn't use emunand. As a workaround, check the option called 'Reconfigured? (DO NOT UNCHECK' to force resaving the config and cache.

That was another oversight that I fixed in the subsequent commit. I can make another release since there's been another bunch of fixes, but it's getting to the point where I really need to slow down. If I keep releasing, there's going to keep being bugs.
Doesn't work :(

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work :(

Enable Logging and upload the logs then, please? 'Doesn't work' doesn't help me fix stuff.

EDIT: Also, what version is your emunand? I've only tested 9.2 - 11.0.

I'm making an Updater for this based on my easyRPG Updater.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Go ahead, I guess? Just don't be surprised if I write an official updater someday.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm making an Updater for this based on my easyRPG Updater.

Seeing how alpha this is, besides the fact that it doesn't work for everyone I'd say you should wait until it's a bit more mature. The author himself has said that a lot of things might change, and as such it'd break the updater.

It's your call anyways

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Seeing how alpha this is, besides the fact that it doesn't work for everyone I'd say you should wait until it's a bit more mature. The author himself has said that a lot of things might change, and as such it'd break the updater.

It's your call anyways

I would honestly prefer people just manually updated, anyways. There's a reason I haven't seen autoupdaters for cakes.

If the bytecode changes, that needs to get refetched too, and configuration information might need to be nuked between versions. It's not as simple as Luma.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I would honestly prefer people just manually updated, anyways. There's a reason I haven't seen autoupdaters for cakes.

If the bytecode changes, that needs to get refetched too, and configuration information might need to be nuked between versions. It's not as simple as Luma.
Its LUA, I can easily implement something as a clean install. I can mark an update as incompatible with the latest and force deletion of current settings upon extraction of the new files

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy