Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
firmware_agb.bin to AGB and firmware_twl.bin toTWL ?
Yes

Like @chaoskagami has already said, this is mostly intended for developers, which sort of implies that you're able to read the source code and at least figure out some of the issues.

This is not (yet) an "everyday CFW" and imo it's certainly not intended for those who just want to amass as many CFWs as possible.

Last edited by Wolfvak,

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes

Like @chaoskagami has already said, this is mostly intended for developers, which sort of implies that you're able to read the source code and at least figure out some of the issues.

This is not (yet) an "everyday CFW" and imo it's certainly not intended for those who just want to amass as many CFWs as possible.

It'll probably never be a thing for everybody. It could be an everyday CFW for devs and power users who understand what they're doing but there's a ways to go.

It's certainly not intended for newbies. Some stuff isn't finished yet. If Cakes is Arch, this is Gentoo. It gives a ton of control but in exchange, shooting yourself in the foot has never been so easy. (TM)

I publicized it now even though it has issues still because I'm just one dev. There's no way I'd be capable of testing every possible way to break it. The more people finding flaws, the better.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have tested with the folder of chronoss it work for him and me always black screen i dont understand;i have emunand 11.0 i use it with ctrbootmanager9

Last edited by laharl22,

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using a custom Home Menu? Apparently it's failing to find a pattern within title 0004003000009802 (EUR Home Menu)

Also, try booting without patches, only the most basic ones (sigpatches, FIRM prot and such)
i was installed a custom home menu on 10.7 for the region free in the past i will try reinstalling the proper

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
i was installed a custom home menu on 10.7 for the region free in the past i will try reinstalling the proper

Welp, we found our issue.

You can also just turn off 'Region-free HOME'. It's already been applied, so it's obvious it would fail.

Reactions: Wolfvak

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Welp, we found our issue.

You can also just turn off 'Region-free HOME'. It's already been applied, so it's obvious it would fail.
Maybe it would be a good idea not to abort on such patches, but rather warn the user and wait for a keypress? I already know about the stepping patches thing, but not a lot of people actually check the options.

EDIT: nvm this is loader we're talking about, me stoopid.

But still, rather than abort completely just skip it.

Last edited by Wolfvak,

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Are you using a custom Home Menu? Apparently it's failing to find a pattern within title 0004003000009802 (EUR Home Menu)

Also, try booting without patches, only the most basic ones (sigpatches, FIRM prot and such)
i'm on 10.7 and have a custom menu, it work fine

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it would be a good idea not to abort on such patches, but rather warn the user and wait for a keypress? I already know about the stepping patches thing, but not a lot of people actually check the options.

EDIT: nvm this is loader we're talking about, me stoopid.

But still, rather than abort completely just skip it.

Silently skipping patches is unacceptable, IMO. Say we have multiple replacements and the second one fails. The title would be left incompletely patched and potentially unstable. If restoration of the original code was added if a patch failed, then it would be okay.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Reactions: Wolfvak

kezkez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried twl and agb.
It says that firmwares is found (version 9.0.0) but when I load a ds or gba title I get kernelpanic

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried twl and agb.
It says that firmwares is found (version 9.0.0) but when I load a ds or gba title I get kernelpanic

It's not implemented aside from loading during boot right now. It should be using the TWL and AGB off your NAND at the moment, which probably doesn't have signatures patched.

(I sometimes forget that I'm lucky to have legitimate GBA games. Ambassador and all that.)

Last edited by chaoskagami,

Albireo6972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: Why the name?
A: Because .hack > SAO, and it's totally appropriate naming.

You have no idea how much I love you for saying that, .hack kicks SAO's butt. Love the name of the CFW, and I wish you luck on this project and any future project, just make sure that Helba checks over your work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1