Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Seeing how alpha this is, besides the fact that it doesn't work for everyone I'd say you should wait until it's a bit more mature. The author himself has said that a lot of things might change, and as such it'd break the updater.

It's your call anyways
It wouldn't, as installation is essentially extracting all files on the root, am I wrong?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't, as installation is essentially extracting all files on the root, am I wrong?

You're correct, but extracting and overwriting doesn't remove configuration files nor the cache. It creates some directories at runtime. At minimum, if an update is needed I would delete /corbenik/cache and /corbenik/config and their contents.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You're correct, but extracting and overwriting doesn't remove configuration files nor the cache. It creates some directories at runtime. At minimum, if an update is needed I would delete /corbenik/cache and /corbenik/config and their contents.
I can make it remove conf. and cache by default as part of the pre-installation cleanup. Or maybe as part of post-install cleanup, just in case download fails or something.

Reactions: chronoss

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
i haven't log file in my corbenik folder :(

You have to enable Logging in options. Did you do that? There should be 'boot.log' and perhaps 'loader.log' in the corbenik folder. If not, you'll need to enable 'Step Through' and boot manually (not autoboot) and retype text so I can figure out what's going wrong. Also, what patches have you enabled?

Autoboot just skips the menu; there's nothing different in the boot process.

btw, if you only updated the arm9loaderhax.bin you've made a mistake. Opcodes changed in the current release somewhat.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Reactions: chronoss

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
You have to enable Logging in options. Did you do that? There should be 'boot.log' and perhaps 'loader.log' in the corbenik folder. If not, you'll need to enable 'Step Through' and boot manually (not autoboot) and retype text so I can figure out what's going wrong.

Autoboot just skips the menu; there's nothing different in the boot process.

Also, if you only updated the arm9loaderhax.bin you've made a grave mistake. Update all the files.

Attachments

• Corbenik.rar
    880 bytes · Views: 142

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
can i use cetk now?

Yes. Read the README. It gets updated every release if needed.

Put the agb cetk at `/corbenik/keys/agb.cetk` and twl at `/corbenik/keys/twl.cetk`. You still need a native firmkey. Boot up without agb or twl and go into and out of system settings and it should get the firmkey properly.

@chronoss - This is interesting, since there's absolutely zero errors reported here and everything boots up fine. Are you 100% sure it's a black screen?

Reactions: Selver and chronoss

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Put the agb cetk at `/corbenik/keys/agb.cetk` and twl at `/corbenik/keys/twl.cetk`. You still need a native firmkey. Boot up without agb or twl and go into and out of system settings and it should get the firmkey properly.

@chronoss - This is interesting, since there's absolutely zero errors reported here and everything boots up fine. Are you 100% sure it's a black screen?
How to boot without agb and twl? it installed in my nand and emunand

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

For me, it doesn't a black screen but a problem with autoboot now it work :P

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
@chaoskagami : with the last built, "autoboot" work well, i can boot directly into my emunand ;)

Well, that's good. Glad to hear.

How to boot without agb and twl? it installed in my nand and emunand

Look, I've told you repeatedly at this point - if you don't know what you're doing, you shouldn't be using this.

I'm running out of patience here, especially since you appear to be incapable of providing the logs generated by the rather obvious 'Enable Logging' option or giving any generally helpful information that would help me to help you, such as the text on the screen, or using the 'Step Through' option.

TWL and AGB are not loaded off the NAND. They're loaded CakesFW style from the SD. It should boot fine without AGB or TWL loading properly.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, that's good. Glad to hear.

Look, I've told you repeatedly at this point - if you don't know what you're doing, you shouldn't be using this.

I'm running out of patience here, especially since you appear to be incapable of providing the logs generated by the rather obvious 'Enable Logging' option or giving any generally helpful information that would help me to help you, such as the text on the screen, or using the 'Step Through' option.

TWL and AGB are not loaded off the NAND. They're loaded CakesFW style from the SD. It should boot fine without AGB or TWL loading properly.
it boot but it say native firm triggered it is normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY