Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Compiled vers pls xo
It IS a 3DSX. At the moment, as I'm still making sure it works (and I personally do not have CFW myself lol), I haven't made a CIA. Yet. I'll probably do it either today or tomorrow.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Compiled vers pls xo

It IS a 3DSX. At the moment, as I'm still making sure it works (and I personally do not have CFW myself lol), I haven't made a CIA. Yet. I'll probably do it either today or tomorrow.

Please take the updater discussion to its thread, now that a thread exists. This thread should be kept about the CFW, not the updater. :/

I'll make sure to keep tabs on it for anything NOT related to the updater, okay? :P

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Please take the updater discussion to its thread, now that a thread exists. This thread should be kept about the CFW, not the updater. :/

I'll make sure to keep tabs on it for anything NOT related to the updater, okay? :P
O.o I could have sworn I wrote that on its thread.
lol

Sorry

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
If we were to rename this for a boot manager (a9lh.bin), would it be able to run things like Sm4sh?

The arm9loaderhax.bin can be put anywhere and should be possible to chainload. Large memory games won't work on o3ds. There's no reboot support yet.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is one thing I noticed that's weird, every time I boot into this CFW, it shows Legend of Aelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons as new gifts to be open. It's just those two games that effected.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
There is one thing I noticed that's weird, every time I boot into this CFW, it shows Legend of Aelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons as new gifts to be open. It's just those two games that effected.

I really have no clue. I own oracle of ages and seasons and can't repro that. They rewrap every boot?

Do you have any patches applied in your NAND to HOME, NS, AM, etc? What region?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really have no clue. I own oracle of ages and seasons and can't repro that. They rewrap every boot?

Do you have any patches applied in your NAND to HOME, NS, AM, etc?
It does it at random, I am testing out the updater, so I will see if it's effected with this boot as well.
I am running no patches on my NAND. Pretty much every CFW made them redundant.
Got any more GBC Gamz installed?
Actually several of them, this only seems to effect these two games.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
It does it at random, I am testing out the updater, so I will see if it's effected with this boot as well.
I am running no patches on my NAND. Pretty much every CFW made them redundant.

Actually several of them, this only seems to effect these two games.

That updater completely nukes the configuration between versions (which is why I can't honestly recommend it), so did you reenable patches after running the updater?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That updater completely nukes the configuration between versions (which is why I can't honestly recommend it), so did you reenable patches after running the updater?
The updater didn't even work for me .-. I was going to try and do a clean install through it to test if it would work with one.
Booting it up this time and they are just straight up gone. Rebooting into any other CFW
They randomly showed up on my other CFW. I am not sure if this CFW or my 3DS is like, "Fuck these games in particular."

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The updater didn't even work for me .-. I was going to try and do a clean install through it to test if it would work with one.
Booting it up this time and they are just straight up gone. Rebooting into any other CFW
They randomly showed up on my other CFW. I am not sure if this CFW or my 3DS is like, "Fuck these games in particular."
Are they out of region CIAs?

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
They actually might be. I downloaded them from freeshop before he added the flags. I will download them again.

That's probably it. Booting with the region-free patch off will do that to out-of-region stuff. On next boot with it enabled again, anything previously out-of-region has to be unwrapped.

Normally you don't get to see this behavior with other CFW since it's always on with no toggle.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
If you can, check their titleids against http://3dsdb.com. If they are OOR CIAs it explains everything perfectly

Freeshop/CIAngel doesn't change the HOME flags, after all, since it would break the signature.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you can, check their titleids against http://3dsdb.com. If they are OOR CIAs it explains everything perfectly
They were the EU version, checking now and the EU versions are 7.9MB where the US versions are 4.9MB
Freeshop/CIAngel doesn't change the HOME flags, after all, since it would break the signature.
I downloaded them before he added flags to show the regions the games were coming from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1