Homebrew Copying Super Smash Brothers Brawl to Wii Homebrew?

crazykid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I've got v4.1U on my modified wii and I play games via Homebrew Channel > Configurable USB Loader. I was able to use the latest version of Wii Backup Manager to transfer a 4.08 GB Call of Duty: BlackOps wbfs file to my external USB hard drive successfully. However, the 6.92 GB Super Smash Bros Brawl wbfs file I downloaded will not transfer and gets a disk read/transfer error. Any idea why? I was suggested to upgrade to 4.3U via modmii but are there any suggestions on how to copy SSBB to my external hard drive? I've read articles on burning the file to a dual-layer disk but I have no idea how to do that and I also have no idea where to buy a dual-layer disk. I've also seen save files for the game but I have no idea how to play a save file on to my wii.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably because the files to big so it can't transfer. I suggest coping the black ops WBFS files to your computer if you don't have a back up already, formatt your USB drive to fat 32 and use wii game manager it's better.

http://www.wiigm.com/download/count.php
It's very simple to use.
Open up wii game manager (it should create some files give it 10 seconds to show up)
Select the game you want(SSBB ISO) find the folder it's in and click ok
Next right click the game that has now been loaded in the app and select split WBFS 2 gig so that way you will get a RSBE01.wbfs and a RSBE01.wbfs1 and just copy it to the WBFS folder on your USB drive.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's probably because the files to big so it can't transfer. I suggest coping the black ops WBFS files to your computer if you don't have a back up already, formatt your USB drive to fat 32 and use wii game manager it's better.

http://www.wiigm.com/download/count.php
It's very simple to use.
Open up wii game manager (it should create some files give it 10 seconds to show up)
Select the game you want(SSBB ISO) find the folder it's in and click ok
Next right click the game that has now been loaded in the app and select split WBFS 2 gig so that way you will get a RSBE01.wbfs and a RSBE01.wbfs1 and just copy it to the WBFS folder on your USB drive.
Wii Backup Manager is fine, and supports splitting.
That can't be his problem, because the 4.08 GB one transferred properly.

crazykid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set the Backup Manager to split the file at 2GB but I keep getting Read Disk failed and transfer failed multiple times. Not sure if the file is a bad backup or what. I got it off piratebay.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same issue with my own ripped PAL version, I just never really cared about it because it was already where I needed it to be (on my external hard disk).

crazykid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I can copy the wbfs file to my usb external hard drive using regular copy/paste without the use of a third-party program (wii backup manager) but if I do regular copy/paste, my Wii doesn't seem to detect the game. It only detects the games that are transferred using the manager program. So I'm confused on how to make it work. If the file is bad, where can I get a working copy?

crazykid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

Downloaded an ISO version of SSBB from *snip*
Then I used The Real Jdbye's instructions with the WIi Game Manager, splitting the iso file into 2GB parts, extracting the resulting wbfs files and putting them into usb hard drive.
Used configurable usb loader to play the game afterwards, which detected the game :)

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

crazykid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad...just wanted to help those who need it. Besides, if we aren't allowed to post up torrents, why are others allowed to post up software that is designed to support torrents? Also, homebrew is an illegal channel (as far as I know) on the wii that supports hacked/backed up/torrented wii games and this forum supports homebrew.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't give us links telling us where we can find illegal copies of games. If we want them, we'll find them ourselves. And you'd better come up with a good reason explaining why people post software to support torrents (piracy) here? Sounds like a whiny kid to me a bit. "Why can't I have that ball, mommy? Because I said so."

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't give us links telling us where we can find illegal copies of games. If we want them, we'll find them ourselves. And you'd better come up with a good reason explaining why people post software to support torrents (piracy) here? Sounds like a whiny kid to me a bit. "Why can't I have that ball, mommy? Because I said so."

Maxrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Im having this same problem. I originally installed my super smash brawl dvd into a ntfs external hard disk with usb loader gx. But then to support Gamecube games, i copied all stuff into my computer and formated the disk in FAT32. I then used backup manager to transfer the games back to the external HDD, but smash fails to transfer, which is strange because i did the same with Metroid Prime Trilogy and that one worked.

Edit: Forgot to tell i used the default settings of wii backup manager, so i assume it uses the 4GB max file size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated