Copying everything from one RGH console to another, need help

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my rgh 2.0 Corona just died, can i buy another rgh xbox and plug the hdd from the dead console and have my profile with with the saves and everything ready to go?
No, the Xbox won't recognize it. What you can do is connect the hdd to your pc with an hdd enclosure, run Xplorer360 to access the data. I only recommend it for backing up saves and profile, and not for large files like dlcs or games.
iirc, it doesn't show the name of games, so you'll need to look up the title ids for each game in order to know what game it is.

Reactions: BigOnYa

misifus_mankhado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer: I'm not a console guy, just a tinkerer who offered to help a friend. But now I think I'm in over my head...

So we have two Jasper 360s here, both are RGH'd. One with a mod chip and one RGH 3.0 that I did myself last weekend. The one with the mod chip was done a few years ago by someone else. It has a 2tb drive with almost 1.2tb of games, dlc, title updates, mods, box art, metadata, etc, with Aurora, Dashlaunch and all that. The second 360 with the RGH 3.0 has nothing on it. I have a 2tb hdd for it and I was hoping to be able to just straight copy all the stuff from the old console to the new one with FatXplorer... but that's not turning out to be the case.

Questions and Issues:
1. Partitions: The old hard drive has partitions that the new one doesn't; backwards compatibility, system auxiliary, and system extended. Does the new hard drive need these partitions? I can create them by formatting the drive in FatXplorer, but FatXplorer doesn't ask for the consoles serial number in the process. I'm guessing maybe an RGH console doesn't need to have a hard drive formatted with the serial number? If that's the case I'll just go with that.

2. Security Sector: The new hard drive doesn't have any security sector information. Does it need it? FatXplorer can create it by using a backup of the security sector from the original 120gb hard drive, but then the 2tb drive shows up as a 120gb drive. So I'm guessing to just skip the security sector all together since the consoles are RGH'd?

3. Speed: I mounted both the old 2tb drive and the new one in FatXplorer and started copying the content partition but it said it would take between 30 and 57 hours (the time kept going up and down). Is there any way to do this faster? Maybe with Clonezilla or other drive cloning software?

4. Aurora + Dashlaunch: From what I've been reading it seems that copying over all the contents of the hard drive isn't enough to also properly copy over Aurora and Dashlaunch with all their settings and stuff. Do I have to first set these up on the new console fresh and then copy over the data? Or how do I go about doing this?

5: Full backup: If I use FatXplorer to make a full backup of the old 2tb hard drive and then restore the backup to the new 2tb hard drive, will it work in the new console, or will the new console reject it because it has the serial number of the old console?

I've been searching for these answers for days but so many results are very old and don't seem to apply any more, or are intended for upgrading a hard drive for the same exact console. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In case you're wondering why (skip the following story if you're not), I live in South Florida where we suffered huge damage from Hurricane Ian. My friends apartment was completely destroyed by flood waters, total loss except for clothes and anything above 6 feet high. The Xbox 360 normally sits on a shelf below the TV but another console was in its place that day and the 360 was put up on top of a media cabinet to keep it from getting stepped on or knocked over by the cats. It was the only piece of electronics to survive the storm. That is a blessing in itself because the 360 has dozens and dozens of hours of work put into it ripping games, getting DLC, doing title updates, downloading metadata and box art, finding and installing working mods, and configuring and tweaking Aurora. All the other consoles were stock or lightly modded and can just be purchased again, but not the 360. So now my friend wants to make a backup of the entire system to store at another location in case something like this happens again.
use clonezilla on a computer
Post automatically merged:

Disclaimer: I'm not a console guy, just a tinkerer who offered to help a friend. But now I think I'm in over my head...

So we have two Jasper 360s here, both are RGH'd. One with a mod chip and one RGH 3.0 that I did myself last weekend. The one with the mod chip was done a few years ago by someone else. It has a 2tb drive with almost 1.2tb of games, dlc, title updates, mods, box art, metadata, etc, with Aurora, Dashlaunch and all that. The second 360 with the RGH 3.0 has nothing on it. I have a 2tb hdd for it and I was hoping to be able to just straight copy all the stuff from the old console to the new one with FatXplorer... but that's not turning out to be the case.

Questions and Issues:
1. Partitions: The old hard drive has partitions that the new one doesn't; backwards compatibility, system auxiliary, and system extended. Does the new hard drive need these partitions? I can create them by formatting the drive in FatXplorer, but FatXplorer doesn't ask for the consoles serial number in the process. I'm guessing maybe an RGH console doesn't need to have a hard drive formatted with the serial number? If that's the case I'll just go with that.

2. Security Sector: The new hard drive doesn't have any security sector information. Does it need it? FatXplorer can create it by using a backup of the security sector from the original 120gb hard drive, but then the 2tb drive shows up as a 120gb drive. So I'm guessing to just skip the security sector all together since the consoles are RGH'd?

3. Speed: I mounted both the old 2tb drive and the new one in FatXplorer and started copying the content partition but it said it would take between 30 and 57 hours (the time kept going up and down). Is there any way to do this faster? Maybe with Clonezilla or other drive cloning software?

4. Aurora + Dashlaunch: From what I've been reading it seems that copying over all the contents of the hard drive isn't enough to also properly copy over Aurora and Dashlaunch with all their settings and stuff. Do I have to first set these up on the new console fresh and then copy over the data? Or how do I go about doing this?

5: Full backup: If I use FatXplorer to make a full backup of the old 2tb hard drive and then restore the backup to the new 2tb hard drive, will it work in the new console, or will the new console reject it because it has the serial number of the old console?

I've been searching for these answers for days but so many results are very old and don't seem to apply any more, or are intended for upgrading a hard drive for the same exact console. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In case you're wondering why (skip the following story if you're not), I live in South Florida where we suffered huge damage from Hurricane Ian. My friends apartment was completely destroyed by flood waters, total loss except for clothes and anything above 6 feet high. The Xbox 360 normally sits on a shelf below the TV but another console was in its place that day and the 360 was put up on top of a media cabinet to keep it from getting stepped on or knocked over by the cats. It was the only piece of electronics to survive the storm. That is a blessing in itself because the 360 has dozens and dozens of hours of work put into it ripping games, getting DLC, doing title updates, downloading metadata and box art, finding and installing working mods, and configuring and tweaking Aurora. All the other consoles were stock or lightly modded and can just be purchased again, but not the 360. So now my friend wants to make a backup of the entire system to store at another location in case something like this happens again.
use clonezilla on a computer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo