Hacking Copying a whole WBFS drive.

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my friend has a external usb Hard drive formatted with WBFS with about 20 games on it.
I wanted to copy all the games to my computer.
Do i have to extract every single iso or is there a way i can just copy the whole drive to my computer or WBFS hard drive?

thanks

myron0815

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to have the same size as your friends hdd, then i would suggest cloning it with a disk imaging tool (anyone would do)

I've just used the drive2drive feature of several tools, and they all extract the game via wbfs and copy them back (wbfs is slow as hell)
But the work; and should be no issue with just 20 games...

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidishere said:
Does cloning copy the whole hdd and remove any data i already have on my hdd?
Just use WBFS Manager 3.0, select the 20 games, plug in your drive, and click on "add to drive." I've never messed with the clone feature, because I wasn't sure myself. I would imagine it's a lazy way of not having to select all the games first, before pressing copy. It should only copy from WBFS to WBFS, so anything you might have on a FAT32 or NTFS partition should be safe. If there isn't enough room for all the games to copy, then WBFS Manager will stop when your drive is full and let you know. Besides, you're only talking about 20 games, so if something goes wrong just try again.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the clone option when my brother purchased a drive for himself (and wanted the contents of my drive) but it didn't work correctly as far as I remember. I simply selected all of my games and hit "add to drive" (with his drive being loaded on the bottom screen) and it worked perfectly. Added 50 some odd titles in about three hours. This is using WBFS Manager 3.0.1.

If you want to actually extract each ISO to a non-wbfs formatted drive (aka: your NTFS drive in Windows) you will have to select each game, one at a time to extract using the manager. As far as I can see it does not (yet) have a multi-ISO extract function.

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No i dont want to extract each iso to my ntfs windows drive.
I want to put all my friends games from his hdd to my hdd while i still have other games on mine.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidishere said:
No i dont want to extract each iso to my ntfs windows drive.
I want to put all my friends games from his hdd to my hdd while i still have other games on mine.

Then do what I said initially. Select the games you want from his (loaded on the upper half of the screen), and add to destination drive (yours) (loaded on the bottom half of the screen)

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
I tried the clone option when my brother purchased a drive for himself (and wanted the contents of my drive) but it didn't work correctly as far as I remember. I simply selected all of my games and hit "add to drive" (with his drive being loaded on the bottom screen) and it worked perfectly. Added 50 some odd titles in about three hours. This is using WBFS Manager 3.0.1.

If you want to actually extract each ISO to a non-wbfs formatted drive (aka: your NTFS drive in Windows) you will have to select each game, one at a time to extract using the manager. As far as I can see it does not (yet) have a multi-ISO extract function.

I am running WBFS Manager 3.0.1 and when I use the add to drive function, the games plays then goes black and says reading disk. When I use the clone function, it does the same thing. The only successfully way that I have figured out to add games from one drive to another is extract the iso from one drive, then add it to the other drive. Or reinstall the original disk, using usbloader gx to extract the iso into another drive. This takes to long. BTW my original harddrive works with all my games and all iso images come from original game disks. I am 2 using different pcs, one with xp and windows 7. Do you have any suggestions? Should I try another manager?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
When I copied all my games from my drive to my mates, I just used windows explorer. Copy, paste

D'oh! That was fat though, oops, I'll go back to my little hole
smile.gif

mortus72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to jump in on someone else's post. just i have a quick question on the same subject.

i have a drive formatted in wbfs and i would like to transfer the games onto a fat 32 formatted drive. but i want to keep the games in wbfs format, what is the quickest way to do this?? as i understand it i will need to put the games in a root folder labeled wbfs in order to play the games??

many thanks

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea.. the WBFS Manager works perfect.. I have done it several times with a clone option and has worked flawlessly... yes it's time consuming... go do something instead of hovering over the monitor expecting it to miraculously quadruple in read/write speeds... you can't rush that amount of data on something that hasn't been designed, manufactured cheaply and still be affordable.... not right now anyways... so just hang out somewhere else for 3 or so hours... then enjoy your rewards.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
IronMask said:
Yea.. the WBFS Manager works perfect.. I have done it several times with a clone option and has worked flawlessly... yes it's time consuming... go do something instead of hovering over the monitor expecting it to miraculously quadruple in read/write speeds... you can't rush that amount of data on something that hasn't been designed, manufactured cheaply and still be affordable.... not right now anyways... so just hang out somewhere else for 3 or so hours... then enjoy your rewards.
Or do what I do, set it off just before I hit the sack. Get up in the morning (or evening, depending on your sleep pattern) and its all sorted

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mortus72 said:
sorry to jump in on someone else's post. just i have a quick question on the same subject.

i have a drive formatted in wbfs and i would like to transfer the games onto a fat 32 formatted drive. but i want to keep the games in wbfs format, what is the quickest way to do this?? as i understand it i will need to put the games in a root folder labeled wbfs in order to play the games??

many thanks
Internally, the games will always have the same format. If I understood things correctly, the .wbfs file extension (and the other extensions if a game is larger than 4 GB) is just an encapsulation; the data within those files still follows the same structure.

And once again: use wii backup manager. Check the options for FAT32. There should be options for where it'll store those games. I advice using subfolders (preferably "name of the game [NOTG]", but that's my personal preference...you most likely never have to look at that again). Once you've got wii backup manager to start copying, you can just sit back and let it do its thing. After all is said and done, all you need to do is open up your favorite loader and make sure it is set to FAT32 and uses the file structure you've chosen in WBM.
smile.gif

mortus72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
many thanks wever for your reply.

i did as you said 'i think' i opened up WBM opened drive 1 which was wbfs format, which had all my backup games on there.
i then opened up drive 2 which is my new hard drive which is in fat32 format.

i then copied all games from drive 1 onto drive 2. i now have a wbfs folder on the root of drive 2 which has corresponding folders inside with the name of each game and the game inside each folder.

many thanks again for your help

Keithuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is an old thread but I'm having trouble copying one WBFS drive to another WBFS drive. I can select all 40 files but the Clone button isn't enabled and the online help is a load of crap.

At the moment I'm saving all the iso's to the hard drive then I'll have to load them all into the new drive but its going to take hours. I'm assuming the Add to Drive button is to add new games to a drive not copy one drive to another?

Ignore me I've just watched a video on YouTube and the Drive to Drive is at the very bottom.

WBFS - Clone / Copy Hard drives

I selected the new drive now its copying but again its going to take hours.

Bugginfelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t see a “drive to drive” option so I used the transfer option it’s running now and has been for several hours I’ll update when it’s done if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol