Hacking Copy save games to new Wii

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I copied my save games to an SD card using the system menu (plus Priiloader hack to enable copying of all games). I sent my Wii in for repair and they sent me back a different Wii. Not all of the save games were copied to the new Wii, so I'm trying to install the ones they missed. Unfortunately, even with Priiloader hacks, the system menu refuses to do this. I have also tried Savegame Manager and SaveGame Manager GX but neither of them is designed to work with saves that were not created by themselves. How can I restore official save games to a new Wii?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First try to play the game and make a save. Then see if you can copy back your original one.

If that fails, try to backup your private folder. Then inside the private folder find the saves, they should be in a folder with the game title id, file is data.bin. Rename those data.bin files to gameid.rbk

Put all your gameid.rbk files in sd:\

Load the Nintendo Backup Disk to your usb drive or burn, - install ios16-v257 or use iospatcher and patch it to ios249

Load the Nintendo Backup Disk and click restore, try to restore your saves this way.

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
First try to play the game and make a save. Then see if you can copy back your original one.
You can never do that using the system menu because it won't copy any save if it already exists at the destination.

As for the Nintendo BackupDisc, I can't get it to load via CUSB whether IOS patching it to use 249 or not. Screen just stays black.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Retal said:
mauifrog said:
You can never do that using the system menu because it won't copy any save if it already exists at the destination.

As for the Nintendo BackupDisc, I can't get it to load via CUSB whether IOS patching it to use 249 or not. Screen just stays black.
But you can delete the save and copy the old one.
Yes, it's very important to let the game create a file, because some games need to be run at least once before copying the savegame.

And if this does not work (I highly doubt it), you can decrypt your old saves if you have your old Wii keys with FE-100. Then you can encrypt it again with your new keys OR install them with Savegame Manager (they will be decrypted so they will be compatible with it).

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
marc_max said:
And if this does not work (I highly doubt it), you can decrypt your old saves if you have your old Wii keys with FE-100. Then you can encrypt it again with your new keys OR install them with Savegame Manager (they will be decrypted so they will be compatible with it).

To decrypt he doesn't need the old wii's keys, only when packing the private keys are needed (even they can be any wii's private keys). Problem is strange though, maybe it's just he didn't play and created saves for the problematic ones...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have/had that same problem. I had all my saves on the Wii at my Dad's house, but bought my own for when I went to college. So I copied all of the saves from the old Wii to an SD card, but in order to copy them to the new Wii I have to play them first, which is quite annoying to have to load it up, let it make a save, quit, go to the save file menu, delete it, then copy the old one over for each game! (Hence why I said I still have this problem
tongue.gif
)

I'll have to try out FE-100. I can just take all the saves on my SD card and decrypt them, and then encrypt them 1 by 1 with the keys from my new Wii? That would make it a lot easier to just be able to copy them straight to it...

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Creating a save and then deleting it isn't helping me to copy over my old saves from my old Wii. I'm trying to do this for Mario Kart at the moment, which may be problematic because it is an online game? Anyway the reason I can't get the Wii BackupDisc to run is because I have a PAL console. The specific error from the system menu when trying to copy the save back to the Wii is "The data may not have been copied", and sure enough, it hasn't.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to have a tdm and a ticket on you wii for the system menu to allow you to copy the save over.

you may be able to just put the disc in your wii and wait for the system menu to show its banner. at that point, it has already copied the ticket and tmd to the wii. once you have the tmd and ticket, you can try to copy the old save to the new wii.

if that doesnt do the trick, you can actually play the game and let it create a save and then delete that save. that will make sure any folders and tmd / ticket are there.

if that still doesnt work, you can try to use pussieloader on the new wii and copy the save to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker