Hacking Copy entire r4i 3ds card

Lexio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have two 3ds consoles with both the latest firmware (3.0.0-6u) and two r4i 3ds cartridges. I have successfully upgraded one cartridge to the latest version so it is compatible with the latest firmware.

The other cartridge has the old version on it and is not compatible with the new firmware on the 3ds console. But since both consoles are the latest firmware I cannot perform the upgrade process on the cartridge anymore.

Why does it not work when I copy the entire contents of the 'working' cartridge to the other one? The 3ds cannot read it.

Lexio

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my guess is it has something to do with the chips hardware. When you update it in the DS it updates the hardware (or something like that), so even though you are copying the data from one chip to the other, the card itself is not upgraded.

(my advice when buying a new card is buy one that doesn't require you to update it with a DS console, I have one and I believe there are a few others floating around that can do it as well.)

Lexio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the cards and they worked with the old firmware of the 3DS consoles. But when I upgraded one of the consoles to firmware level 3.0.0-6u the cards stopped working. I checked the corresponding website and they had an upgrade for the cards, but it had to be done on a console with an earlier firmware level then 3.0.0-5u. When the 1st console was upgraded I upgraded the card on the other console (with still the older firmware). But then I accidentally upgraded the 2nd console without first upgrade the second card...

I then thought to just copy the entire card to the other, but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Btw, the cards are WIFI, R4i 3DS from WWW.R4i-SDHC.COM.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the cards and they worked with the old firmware of the 3DS consoles. But when I upgraded one of the consoles to firmware level 3.0.0-6u the cards stopped working. I checked the corresponding website and they had an upgrade for the cards, but it had to be done on a console with an earlier firmware level then 3.0.0-5u. When the 1st console was upgraded I upgraded the card on the other console (with still the older firmware). But then I accidentally upgraded the 2nd console without first upgrade the second card...

I then thought to just copy the entire card to the other, but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Btw, the cards are WIFI, R4i 3DS from WWW.R4i-SDHC.COM.

You just copied the entire firmware to the other, not the bootloader. The bootloader is stored on the cart, not the SD. You would need to reflash the bootloader on the one that doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021