Hacking Cooking Mama (J) upgrades your wii..

Kaphis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this was already posted ^^;; but was on some chinese sites, it has been confirmed that nintendo releases updates through their games too.

This means "keeping offline" probably won't help if nintendo has an update that disables modchip, I know Nintendo may never be able to patch modchips through updates but at least now we know that turning off wiiconnect24 doesn't prevent Nintendo to update your console.

discuss.hk said:
????????????
cooking mama ?? upgarde ver
?? upgrade ? wii ?????? game (?????????)
??????? upgarde ? wii ge ??
?????? upgarde ? wii ?????? ...
discuss.hk????update??????game???update~

source: discuss.hk

edit: added source

zennoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this was already posted ^^;; but was on some chinese sites, it has been confirmed that nintendo releases updates through their games too.

This means "keeping offline" probably won't help if nintendo has an update that disables modchip, I know Nintendo may never be able to patch modchips through updates but at least now we know that turning off wiiconnect24 doesn't prevent Nintendo to update your console.

discuss.hk said:
????????????
cooking mama ?? upgarde ver
?? upgrade ? wii ?????? game (?????????)
??????? upgarde ? wii ge ??
?????? upgarde ? wii ?????? ...
discuss.hk said:
????update??????game???update~

source: discuss.hk

edit: added source
It would be interesting to see what it does when a region free solution is released for Wii and it tries to update a NTSC-U or PAL Wii with a Japanese firmware. My Wii version is 2.0U (I'll assume the U stands for USA but I'm not 100% sure).

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I already knew that games update the firmware when Elebits updated mine (having never updated before buying the game).

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This could be a big hurdle for region freeing the Wii.

Well, any region freeing will be the result of some sort of custom firmware or firmware bypass device. In such a case, if a game attempts to update the firmware hopefully any hypothetical chip will know not to let it do so. If such a firmware update makes it so that your hypothetical chip will not be able to play the game you would have to wait for an update to your hypothetical chip in order to play that game (and theoretically future games as well).

Not really much more of a hurdle than making a decent region freeing modchip anyway, since any such chip will likely have to be installed onto the motherboard instead of the drive board like current generation chips.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, well, we could just not play those games. And I'm sure the ISOs for them would prob be pretty easy to take that code out of them. That sentence didn't make English.

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you meant, that they could just remove the added firmware updater from the game.
I was thinking the same, but it's up to the brilliant coders and hackers to figure that stuff out.

Q~

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you meant, that they could just remove the added firmware updater from the game.
I was thinking the same, but it's up to the brilliant coders and hackers to figure that stuff out.

Q~

They will eventually
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?