Hacking Converting SAV files between cards

Kriegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I used to use an M3, but now i use A cycloDS with the EZ flash 3-in-1. What I want to do is is load up my game in Visualboy Advance and do whatever codebreaker cheating i wish there and then save my game. For instance, I was playing Final Fantasy 6 and i used a codebreaker cheat to give my character all items. After I saved at the save point, I quit the game and wanted to slide that battery sav file to my GBA_SAVE folder and use it with the card. The difference is that the VBA save size is 64KB and the card save size is 32KB. Is there any way of converting it? I would have asked this on the cyclods forum but it's hell trying to register on their forums.

Kriegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well just to see, I tried going the other way by using the sav file my card created. I tried to import it to VBA and it wouldn't accept it. Said it was invalid. So there's definitely a compatibility issue.

edit- And before anyone recommends it, http://www.shunyweb.info/ converting by selecting No$GBA as the source format doesn't work. I end up with a 0KB file.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just tried a Goldensun save created using VBA on my CycloDS and 3 in 1 and it work fine.
I'll try FFVI in a bit.

edit: FFVI also worked. The size has nothing to do whether it works or not.

Kriegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got it to work also. Seems like if i save in the game and let the card create a sav file of its own, then REPLACE it with what I made in vba, it works.... wtf. This is more complicated than it needs to be.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The CycloDS and the 3in1 are now the perfect combination
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.